Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Olivier5

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:16 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
And if so, what do you propose they do?

They could do information campaigns against the dangers of drunk driving. Gather statistics of how many people get killed by drunk driving and push them out there. Pull out the driving liscence of guys caught drunk driving...
Olivier5

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:18 am
@oralloy,
Could you translate that in normal language?
Glennn

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:20 am
@Olivier5,
Sounds like you're saying that it's the person responsible for turning their car into a killing machine, and not the alcohol.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:22 am
@Glennn,
I'm saying there's plenty we can do against drunk driving. What are you saying?
Glennn

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 08:53 am
@Olivier5,
Sure, I'll repeat myself. Your solution to the number of people being killed because of alcohol is to deal with the person, and not the strength and availability of alcohol. Am I right about that?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:12 am
@Glennn,
The language is called English, and drink driving is the term used by those who've had an education.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:13 am
@Glennn,
They join the NRA.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:19 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
The racist whities in our government (compliments of the NRA) drop loads of free guns off in predominantly black neighborhoods so blacks will shoot each other up and then they can point a finger at black people and say look they are inferior to us whities, black on black crime and such and such. While in drug ridden white neighborhoods people are dropping like flies overdosing on drugs of every kind, emergency rooms are overflowing to full capacity with white people flipping their brains out on drugs... This is worse that black on black crimes, this is suicide by overdosing...

Ex Chicago Gang Member Says They Are Dropping Guns In The Hood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhPZ6Oel8uk

What a load of ****. The only people responsible for the shootings in Chicago are those in Chicago.

If guns were just being dropped off, it would be making nation news from the beginning, not some dude's youtube channel. Chicago politicians would be all over this, the Dems rule Chicago and have for decades.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:21 am
@izzythepush,
Americans call it drunk driving; even the ones who've had an education.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:22 am
@Glennn,
How would you know?
oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:30 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Could you translate that in normal language?

"I'll support HR 8 if it is amended to require the government to conduct all background checks within 24 hours."

HR 8 is a bill passed by the federal House of Representatives (and is being ignored by the Republican-controlled Senate) that would require background checks for many private gun sales that currently do not require a background check.

Currently background checks are allowed to take up to three days. There is no reason why they cannot be done instantly. 24 hours is more than enough time.

"I'll support a red flag law (presuming it has adequate due process) if it is tied to the Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act."

Red flag laws allow people to report someone who they believe is a danger to themselves or others, potentially resulting in their firearms being seized by the police.

Due process means adequate court hearings to have a judge determine whether the accusations are well founded, to prevent innocent people from being harmed by malicious false accusations.

The federal government is currently perpetrating a pernicious atrocity against our war veterans. If a war veteran receives benefits for a mental disability and is not in charge of his own finances, he is barred from having guns. The Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act will outlaw this outrageous practice, allowing these disabled veterans to have their guns again.

"I'll stand neutral on placing high capacity magazines under the National Firearms Act if the measure is tied to concealed carry reciprocity, and if it does not touch assault weapons."

The National Firearms Act is our federal law governing private ownership of things like machine guns and heavy artillery.

Placing high capacity magazines under the NFA would require people to pay a one-time $200 tax for each high capacity magazine that they own, and would require them to get specific permission from their chief of police (or sheriff, if they live outside a city) for each individual high capacity magazine that they own. The same tax and permission would be required for any new acquisitions as well.

The police chief (or sheriff) can deny permission for any reason (or for no reason) if they choose. The end result would likely be a de-facto ban on high capacity magazines in large cities, as urban police chiefs will likely deny permission to everyone. Meanwhile in rural counties, where the majority of people like high capacity magazines, sheriffs will likely give permission for people to own them.

The tight legal regulations on possession of the magazines means that rural areas will not be a major source for large magazines to illicitly enter areas where they are not allowed.

Concealed carry reciprocity would be a federal law mandating that all states must honor a concealed carry license issued by any other state.

So a concealed carry license issued in rural Michigan would be valid in downtown Manhattan. And if any NYC leftists don't want me to be able to carry a gun in downtown Manhattan, that would be too bad for them.

"No on HR 1112 however. HR 1112 is just full of bad."

HR 1112 would take that outrageous measure that is being perpetrated against our disabled war veterans and extend it to disabled civilians. The Democrats have high hopes for abusing the definition of "disabled" to take guns from more and more people. I am convinced that the Democrats hope to eventually say that even people who wear glasses must be barred from having guns.

HR 1112 would also make people wait for up to 10 business days to pass a background check.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:30 am
@izzythepush,
We do in fact call it drunk driving.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:31 am
@Baldimo,
And you call schools shooting ranges.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:33 am
@izzythepush,
No, you call schools shooting ranges. The last school shooting in the US took place here in CO. A trans student and his gay friend were the ones who shot up the school... because they were mad that people didn't respect their pronouns.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:38 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
We do in fact call it drunk driving.
So you must be drunk.
In other countries, people who drink (even a little) and drive are as a general rule not allowed to drive. Being drunk, disqualifies, of course, even more.

Do you differ between a "drunk driver" and a "drunken driver"?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:43 am
@Baldimo,
Our schools don't get shot up, killing children is an American thing. You did it in Vietnam, and Afghanistan and Pakistan, Iraq, Laos, Cambodia etc. etc. That's why you always need to be at war with someone because when you're not killing children in other countries you start murdering your own.

And if you expect people to believe your homophobic nonsense you need to back it with citations.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So you must be drunk.

No, I'm not much of a drinker, I prefer to smoke pot, leaves me with many more of my senses. Although I will make myself up a Rum and RC or 2 on Friday or Saturday night because I like the taste.

Quote:
In other countries, people who drink (even a little) and drive are as a general rule not allowed to drive. Being drunk, disqualifies, of course, even more.

The same thing applies here. The "drunk" state of a driver is based on their state laws but for the most part, if you have even had one drink, they say don't drive. A majority of people ignore those words of warning and usually drive after having a drink or two.

Quote:
Do you differ between a "drunk driver" and a "drunken driver"?

Yeah we usually do, drunk driver is present tense and druken driver is past tense, although depending on the situation and the discussion, the 2 can be used interchangeably. We also use the term "impaired driver" but that is typically used by Law Enforcement and the courts as a more formal term.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 09:57 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Our schools don't get shot up, killing children is an American thing.

That is a weak ass response if i ever heard one.

Quote:
You did it in Vietnam, and Afghanistan and Pakistan, Iraq, Laos, Cambodia etc. etc. That's why you always need to be at war with someone because when you're not killing children in other countries you start murdering your own.

More weak responses.

Quote:
And if you expect people to believe your homophobic nonsense you need to back it with citations.

Nothing homophobic in what I have claimed, that seems to be a fall back for you when someone disagrees' with you. I've already post the proof, I live in CO, the shooting and reason for the shooting were on the news here. It didn't make a majority of the national or international news because it didn't fit into the anti-gun propaganda.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/colorado-stem-school-shooting-suspect-targeted-kids-over-gender-taunts-n1020081
One of the students was gay, the other was trans. Proof provided, now what is going to be your lame claim?

I'm waiting for you to prove that DNA and blood can be changed to reflect what someone claims their "gender" is...
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 10:38 am
@Baldimo,
It's true though, shooting up schools is a uniquely American phenomenon what's extremely weak is you're not prepared to do anything about it.

Killing children is wrong, even if you're an American.

As for your nonsense about blood, it's already been pointed out that gender identity is far more complex than that and that life can't be dumbed down so you understand it.

That incident is back in May, and the casualties are relatively light. The NRA has spearheaded far more mass shootings since then.

It just shows the consequences of hate speech and insane gun laws.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2019 10:51 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's true though, shooting up schools is a uniquely American phenomenon what's extremely weak is you're not prepared to do anything about it.

There have been plenty of things mentioned to help solve the issue. You anti-gun people don't like the solutions that have been proposed. That isn't doing anything, it's trying to move forward with different ideas.
"Gun Free Zones" have not protected kids from guns, it's about time to reverse this 20 year old mistake.

Quote:
Killing children is wrong, even if you're an American.

We all agree on that, we disagree on the solution.

Quote:
As for your nonsense about blood, it's already been pointed out that gender identity is far more complex than that and that life can't be dumbed down so you understand it.

Biology doesn't lie and neither do the tests. Have all the surgery you want, you can't change your DNA or blood, biology doesn't change.

Quote:
That incident is back in May, and the casualties are relatively light.

So you tried to use the "homophobic" claim again, and I proved you wrong, so instead you go to "It was in May, and not many people were hurt."
It doesn't matter when or how many were hurt, a gay student and a trans student shot up their school because people wouldn't agree with their "pronouns". I was right and you were wrong!

Quote:
The NRA has spearheaded far more mass shootings since then.

Wrong, not a single NRA member has been involved with a mass shooting. You are lying agian, only to distract from being wrong in the last post.

Quote:
It just shows the consequences of hate speech and insane gun laws.

Consequences of hate speech? WOW!!! The hate speech came from the gay and trans student when they decided it was ok to kill people. You are a twisted and sick person.