Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:13 am
@oralloy,
England and France and Germany are no longer free nations when did this happen?

Is the royal family once more ruling England and is there a Kaiser ruling Germany an so on?
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:14 am
@BillRM,
It happened when the people there lost the right to own guns and carry them in public.
BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:17 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

It happened when the people there lost the right to own guns and carry them in public.

It I remember my history correctly then most of the old western towns populations on the frontier was not free as it was not uncommon to ban the carrying of firearms in such towns.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:21 am
@BillRM,
The courts should have stepped in to abolish the practice. I expect that the courts soon will.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:26 am
@BillRM,
Most people over here don't think it's gone far enough to be honest.

Most people don't give a **** about the royal family either.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:29 am
@oralloy,
You don't know what freedom is, you're an unthinking drone who thinks what he's told to think.

We don't have guns because we don't want them, and we don't take our orders from the NRA.

We do have UHC, cheap drugs and food uncontaminated by some 250 carcinogenic additives that American food manufacturers can use.

And our comedy is better.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You don't know what freedom is,

That is incorrect. I am well acquainted with the concept.

As an American, I get to actually live it.

izzythepush wrote:
you're an unthinking drone who thinks what he's told to think.

That is incorrect. I do all of my own thinking.

It would be inadvisable for me to let other people think for me because I'm so much better at it than they are.

izzythepush wrote:
We don't have guns because we don't want them,

So you say. You always seem so bitter at those of us who choose freedom though.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:43 am
@oralloy,
Wow what a comeback, have you been reading Oscar Wilde?
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 09:49 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Wow what a comeback,

It was just a straightforward matter of stating facts.

izzythepush wrote:
have you been reading Oscar Wilde?

No. Asimov.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 10:06 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
I'm an adult. I don't drink kool-aid.

You drink the leftist kool-aid all the time.

Quote:
You mean the ones that mandate cleaner air standards and less pollution?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/epa-overturns-obama-era-clean-air-rules-for-power-plants-11560963259

Got a link that doesn't hit a pay or subscription wall?

An article from 2011? So the EPA has been wiped out since 2011?

Did you bother to read the article or just the title? From the end of the article:
Quote:
Starting to Shift
Change may be underway. In October 2018, wages saw their largest year-over-year increase since 2009 – and the bump exceeded the inflation rate, the Wall Street Journal reported.

In the very recent past, low-wage workers saw greater median wage growth than high-wage workers, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. They may have local and state minimum wage increases to thank, Shambaugh says, noting that recent employment reports show pay growth in the retail and leisure and hospitality industries, which employ lots of low-wage workers.
And the strong economy may finally be forcing companies to rethink their pay structures. Typically, people who switch jobs enjoy more wage growth than people who stay in their roles, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. But in the past few months, job stayers have seen a sharp rise in wages, closing the usual gap.

"We know that people are quitting jobs at a pretty high rate," Robertson says. That puts pressure on employers to make changes that convince workers to stick around: "Maybe one of the strategies is shifting to larger pay increases for current staff."

It seems you are wrong and your own article has proven me correct.

Quote:
You'd learn more if you wouldn't just watch Fox.

Sorry to tell you, but I don't have cable, cut the cord over a year ago. I watch a lot of local news and catch people like Tim Pool and Jimmy Dore on Youtube.

This report doesn't say anything about people having to have 2 jobs. Maybe people at walmart might have 2 jobs, but that isn't anywhere close to a majority of people or close to the claim made my AOC.

You use a single amazon warehouse as an example? Once again, this only applies to a small portion of the overall work force and is not an example of the total work force. Nice try. We do know for a fact that Bernie cut the hours of his employee's so that they would be at the $15hr mark. Bernie can't even go by his own wants for the public.

Quote:
Trump's economy is bad for business, bad for workers and bad for the environment.

Trumps economy is way better than Obama's could have hoped for. It was said that Trump would kill the economy when he took office, the economy is better now than it was 2 years ago, and it continue to grow and prosper.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 10:16 am
@BillRM,
In the UK, you can be arrested for comments made on social media, they have no right to free speech. Disagree with a man that he can't be a woman and you can be arrested, it's already happened.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/arrests-for-offensive-facebook-and-twitter-posts-soar-in-london-a7064246.html
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 11:09 am
@Baldimo,
And in America you can be arrested for crossing the street.

You'd hate it over here not only do we prosecute bigots for hate speech but we protect our children from the child killing NRA.

Those nonces can't touch our children.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
And in America you can be arrested for crossing the street.

That isn't true, no one is arrested for jaywalking, that is just a ticket. I say something truthful about the UK and you lie about the US.

Quote:
You'd hate it over here not only do we prosecute bigots for hate speech but we protect our children from the child killing NRA.

Hate speech? Disagreeing that a man can't be a woman and a woman can't be a man is not hate speech, that's biology and science.

Can you name one NRA member who has been involved in a school shooting or any mass shooting for that matter? I can name a gay kid and his trans buddy who did indeed shoot up a school here in CO. The STEM School shooting took place May 7th 2019, has been largely ignored because of who the shooters are.

Quote:
Those nonces can't touch our children.

Tell me again about knife bans in the UK... Your people can't even be trusted with knifes because they are so violent.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 11:45 am
@Baldimo,
Bullshit, it's an offence, one that we don't have.

I've seen enough reports of racist cops arresing black men for jaywalking to know you're talking bullshit. It's an offence, one that we don't have over here.

We can also drink beer in the streets, and gamble on your presidential election.

We can argue who's the freest all day but it won't make any difference not when the only things you care about are owning guns and having schools shot up on a regular basis.

Over here we think killing children is wrong, something I don't ever expect you to understand.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 11:55 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Bullshit, it's an offence, one that we don't have.

Sorry to tell you, but you don't get arrested here for crossing the street. It's a ticket and nothing more.

Quote:
I've seen enough reports of racist cops arresing black men for jaywalking to know you're talking bullshit. It's an offence, one that we don't have over here.

You are lying again. No one gets arrested for crossing the street. I challenge you to find me one person who was arrested for only crossing the street.

Quote:
We can also drink beer in the streets, and gamble on your presidential election.

Depending on where you are in the US, you can do that to. It isn't a Federal law, it's local law. New Orleans and Las Vegas are just 2 major cities I can think of where walking around with a beer in public is perfectly legal.

Quote:
We can argue who's the freest all day but it won't make any difference not when the only things you care about are owning guns and having schools shot up on a regular basis.

Weak, weak, weak. When you lose you change the subject.

Quote:
Over here we think killing children is wrong, something I don't ever expect you to understand.

We think killing children is wrong as well. I'll ask again, provide a story were an NRA member was involved with either a mass shooting or a school shooting. I'll help you, it's never happened, you won't find anything. So you can stop with the hyperbolic BS.

I'll point out again, the last school shooting in the US was done by a gay kid and his trans friend, those are facts.

Also a majority of the school shootings including the STEM school shooting are done with handguns, not rifles.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 12:06 pm
@Baldimo,
It's an offence, and you're the liar.

I'm not changing subjects, you're doing what you always do when facts coincide with your propaganda. Deny reality.

Quote:
Johnnie Rush, a Black resident of Asheville, North Carolina, was brutalized by police simply for jaywalking late at night. His story is yet another in the seemingly endless, endemic tragedy of police violence against people of color. Unlike many of those, it was all caught on video.

After they pinned Rush to the ground, Hickman beat his skull with a closed fist, shocked him with a Taser, and appeared to choke him. With officer Hickman’s hands around his neck, Rush shouts out several times, “I can’t breathe.”

The officers who assaulted Rush charged him with second-degree trespassing, impeding traffic, assaulting a government official, and resisting a public officer.

Rush told local news outlets that the officers’ supervisor did not believe his account of what happened, even as they sent him to a hospital to treat his wounds. The charges were dropped, however, after a district attorney reviewed footage from Hickman’s body camera. Hickman was eventually ordered to turn in his gun and badge, according to reports. He ultimately resigned.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/beaten-tased-and-arrested-jaywalking-while-black

You don't think killing children is wrong enough for you to get off your arse and do anything about it. A child's life place second fiddle to your pathetic need to have a gun so you can feel important.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 12:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Sorry to tell you, but you don't get arrested here for crossing the street. It's a ticket and nothing more.
A British history was knocked to the ground by a policeman before being arrested and spending several hours in jail because of 'jaywalking'. That happened some years ago, but you easily can find photos/videos/reports online.

Jaywalking is a misdemeanor or requires a court appearance, at least in a couple of states.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 12:37 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

England and France and Germany are no longer free nations when did this happen?

Is the royal family once more ruling England and is there a Kaiser ruling Germany an so on?

If Liz was in charge we wouldn't be able to make her go out in the rain.

https://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/301000/620x/queen-503873.jpg

A lot of Americans have difficulties in grasping how we feel about the royals. How do feel about the municipal parks department? Hold onto that feeling, that's how we feel about the Royal family.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 12:52 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You don't think killing children is wrong enough for you to get off your arse and do anything about it.

It's more that there is nothing that can be done.

izzythepush wrote:
A child's life place second fiddle to your pathetic need to have a gun so you can feel important.

First, this nonsense about "need" is a serf mindset. Free people don't have guns because we need them. Free people have guns because we choose to have them.

Second, there is no conflict between our freedom and any child's life. Our freedom does not cost the life of a single child.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2019 01:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzythepuch as an American I am not up on your royal family history but did not the current Queen remain in London during the Blitz and work as a mechanic and driver of all things for the military?

I have had a picture of her as a young woman working on a truck engine since hearing that story.

I also hear that Churchill have a high opinion of her.