Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

maporsche

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:21 am
@coldjoint,
I would love to hear some intelligent voices from the right. People who can express thoughts and different opinions without being complete asshats at the same time.

There are a couple thoughtful conservative voices here; they don’t type in pink though.

If you’d like to be considered one of them, that’s up to you.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:30 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
There are a couple thoughtful conservative voices here; they don’t type in pink though.

There are reasons I use this color font. One is that color is not supposed to matter with you clowns, second the words have the same meaning, which most of you twist anyway, no matter how they are presented.

I don't consider any input in terms of a popularity contest, just the truths that I see with factual information to back them up. If people do not want to see facts and are intolerant of someone different that actually shoots holes in everything you bleeding hearts say you stand for. There is a huge collection of downright hypocritical liars here and someone has to let them know.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:35 am
https://c3.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Overreach-600-LI.jpg
https://c3.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Overreach-600-LI.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:37 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
without being complete asshats

Remember, I respond in kind. I always have, and always will.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:38 am
@maporsche,
I'm not a democrat or republican, but I'll add my .02c on why some things about the republicans are good. For one, their fiscal conservatism is a good idea except for the fact that they don't follow through on that promise. Trump has increased our national debt by $1 trillion in the first 14 months of his administration. Fiscal conservatism is only a talkng point and not reality.
(One of the reasons I'm not a Republican.) On the liberal side, they go too far to the left and spend untold billions (trillions) to satisfy their base, and waste money. I believe in self-sufficiency for all able-bodied people. Other government waste by the Heritage Foundation. https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-spending/report/50-examples-government-waste
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/mar/15/donald-trump-adds-1-trillion-national-debt-14-mont/
ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Make sure you cross-check anything you find at the Heritage Foundation. even better, triple check it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 10:43 am
@ehBeth,
Thanks for the heads' up. It wasn't hard to find articles on their beliefs. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/heritage-foundation/ They are a conservative think tank with this rating. Factual Reporting: MIXED
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think I agree with that CI.

One of the things that I liked most about Obamacare was that at least taxes were raised to pay for it and it didn’t result in deficit spending.

I’m in favor of social programs but only to the extant that they are paid for and have some intelligent way of proving they are cost effective.
maporsche

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:31 am
@maporsche,
I wish there was a “war-tax” implemented by Bush’s administration to pay for these wars he started.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:42 am
@ehBeth,
I agree with these three take-aways.
KEY TAKEAWAYS
1. Soaring government spending and trillion-dollar budget deficits have brought fiscal responsibility -- and reducing government waste -- back onto the national agenda. #: Trump has increased our deficit by $1 trillion dollars in his first 14 months in office.
2. Lawmakers must also rein in spending by reforming Social Security and Medicare and by eliminating government activities that are no longer affordable. #: Many studies have shown that at current rates of benefits, the funding for these programs will go broke.
3. Washington loses hundreds of billions of dollars annually on spending that most Americans would certainly consider wasteful.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-presidential-budget-2018-proposal/?utm_term=.2e642ab68351
maporsche

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don’t think Social Security is in too much trouble. It certainly doesn’t require anything as serious as “reform” just a couple small tweaks.

In fact, if unemployment stays under 4.5% and the economy grows at 2% then there is never a shortfall.

Republicans say that 4% is in our grasp; if we hit those numbers then we can talk about raising benefits even more. I’d rather see those SS excesses put back into the deficit though. Since if we ever do hit 4% (we won’t) it will only be temporary.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 02:37 pm
@maporsche,
I also think tweaks should be sufficient to keep the trust fund healthy. Aging of the population. https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=aging+of+the+us+population+graph&fr=yhs-pty-pty_weather&hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_weather&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fseniorjournal.com%2Fimages%2FSymbols%2FAging-Longevity%2FPop_65-Plus_1900-2050.gif#id=15&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Faspe.hhs.gov%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fimages-reports-basic%2F69036%2Faaf2-c.gif&action=click
I'm 83 so I don't have any worries for myself. I've been getting retirement checks since 1998 when I retired so that means I've been collecting for 20 years. That's also the year that I paid off our mortgage. I used to keep track of my finances, and when I did I found that my social security benefits far exceeded what I paid into it. My current benefit is $17,472/year plus Medicare which is a little higher than the average. I supplement that with my IRA so my annual income is a little bit over $40k and I don't have any fixed expenses. My wife pays for all household expenses, and I pay for our vacations.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 03:44 pm
The lying traitor President cries wolf and says, "Michael Cohen might have broken the law"... Look in the mirror mister fraud university, take money from Russia, election cheat, adulterer, separate refugee families criminal!

When we get a congress who rules by law instead of payoffs we will see who has broken the law...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 03:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is a bunch of crap CI. Did someone hack your account?

Where did Obama waste money? Please explain...

Republicans are conservative in name only, their policies are causing our environment irrevocable harm that may be too late to fix it even with trillions of dollars...

They have gutted our educational system and put an idiot in charge of schools.

They have bled our strategic capital reserves and given it to corporations who have no loyalty whatsoever to this country or our constitution (like Trump).

You are off your damned rocker!

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The only taxes democrats want to see are from corporations who mooch off our middle class labor force and don't pay a living wage or taxes.

Where are Trumps tax returns?

Trump plays golf on your taxes...
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:47 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
The only taxes democrats want to see are from corporations who mooch off our middle class labor force and don't pay a living wage or taxes.

A: Well, Trump's tax reform really did a job to the middle class and the poor. It gave over 80% of the benefits to the rich. Here is Silicon Valley where we live, high tech companies must compete for talent, and the wages are some of the best in the country or even in the world, but the cost of living is also very high.

Quote:
Where are Trump's tax returns?

A: If you still trust Trump, you're in a very bad place. He lies over 90% of the time according to Politifact.

Quote:
Trump plays golf on your taxes...

A: Nah. We're small potatoes as a retired couple. We don't have any rent or mortgage. I feel sorry for the working poor. How they're able to survive in this area is a mystery to me. Here's a cost of iving calculator for anybody planning to move here. Let me know what you find? https://www.payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/California-San-Jose
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:33 pm
Who needs attorney/client privilege when one has not broken the law? Or has one lied publicly and is trying to cover it up? That attorney/client "privilege" is generally used to conceal criminal activity, no one else has privacy in this day and age...

Our phones are tapped, our mail and luggage is scanned, our servers bugged DNC voter lists are stolen and published... (by wikileaks and the Russians), corporations record our instant messages. And it is none of our business what is said to Putin? Well I think it is our business what is said on our behalf to other world leaders!

And who was it that asked the Russians to hack Hillary's emails? Is email not a privacy privilege too?

If Hillary's email can be made public so can all other correspondence with world leaders....
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
If Hillary's email can be made public so can all other correspondence with world leaders....

Another truly idiotic thing to say.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:52 pm
@TheCobbler,
You're talking about a moron who still talks like a six-year-old, and also misspells many words. He acts like a thin-skinned teenager and attacks everybody who says anything bad about him. He doesn't seem to understand why people and the media speak about their politicians. That he gets so much bad press is the reality of his politics and personal lifestyle. They're not "fake news" as he repeats so many times. If they were fake, he would be able to prove it. He can't.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If they were fake, he would be able to prove it. He can't.

He has.