Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

parados

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 08:01 am
@Baldimo,
Subject change? We were talking about abortion. You then said you didn't want to pay for the lack of responsibility of others.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 08:06 am
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11828598_465256016993390_8966673739643262589_n.jpg?oh=d0177fe63b445388171fee8630822298&oe=564DF50F
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 09:26 am
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11822360_855558144527410_2392818038670865036_n.jpg?oh=a7ca4869e31cb1a63e01b15316490dbf&oe=564086A3
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:08 am
@parados,
If you weren't changing the subject, then what was this all about?

Quote:
So you are personally responsible for your own sociopathic outlook? Good to know.

Personal responsibility only goes so far. No one makes it completely on their own in this world. We all have help of some kind. Your point of view simply means those without family help are screwed. I prefer to help those that need a helping hand. It gives them the opportunity to become productive members of society. The majority of people that get help from social welfare programs are on them for a brief period of time when they were having difficulties. Your response seems to be, "let them live in the streets and let their children starve." We tried that quite some time ago. It really didn't work out that well. Signature
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:11 am
@TheCobbler,
It seems that the approval of Congress has slightly improved compared to what it was when the Dems were in charge of the Senate.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_performance
parados

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:20 am
@Baldimo,
That was in response to your saying you don't want to pay for the 150+ welfare programs.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:26 am
@parados,
Where did I say I didn't want to pay for those programs? Here is what I said:

Quote:
Are you against personal responsibility? Why does it have to be either they get an abortion or we pay for the 150+ social welfare programs that our many federal and state agencies provide? Why can't it be a conversation about people having personal responsibility for their actions and decisions?

Do you always try and misrepresent what others say to fit your narrative?
parados

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:50 am
@Baldimo,
What does "Why does it have to be .... we pay..." and "personal responsibility" mean in your statement? It strongly implies you don't want to pay for those things because you want those in the situation to pay.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 10:51 am
@Baldimo,
You mean when this overwhelmingly popular legislation was passed?

ObamaCare Approval Rating Popularity
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-poll/

•82% favored banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

•61% favored allowing children to stay on their parents’ insurance until age 26.

•72% supported requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employees.

Polls Show Some Don’t Think ObamaCare Goes Far Enough (we can blame that on the GOP)

Besides shutting down the government and costing tax payers millions can you name any legislation the public favors coming out of the GOP?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 11:30 am
@TheCobbler,
How many sessions ago was that? Congress is slightly more popular now then it has been in the last several sessions. Don't be angry that your meme was wrong, take it up with your meme generator...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 11:33 am
@parados,
Still trying to change the narrative? It's a shame you can't debate what was actually said instead of trying to make up what you think I was saying.
parados

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 11:41 am
@Baldimo,
If you want to deny the meaning of your statement, go ahead. It clearly is passive aggressive in it's tone. But those that use passive aggressive statements often do so in order to deny what they are doing.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 11:45 am
@parados,
Why don't you want to discuss personal responsibility? Does it go against everything you stand for?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 01:11 pm
@Baldimo,
It's unrealistic without equality of opportunity. That's just common sense.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 01:58 pm
@Baldimo,
I will be happy to discuss it. Let's talk about it.

All personal failure is not something someone is personally responsible for. Many people have issues through no fault of their own. Beyond that, everyone fails at some point through their own fault. Do we just kick them to the curb and say they are bad or do we pick them up and help them become functioning members of society?

If a parent is not personally responsible should we punish the child? If a person gets cancer should we punish them as if they caused it? Should we punish people because they were born into a certain segment of society or should we help them?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 02:19 pm
@parados,
For some people personal responsibility is just another way of saying the poor are to blame for all their problems, and probably everything else.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 02:52 pm
@parados,
Quote:
All personal failure is not something someone is personally responsible for. Many people have issues through no fault of their own. Beyond that, everyone fails at some point through their own fault.

Lets take the subject of abortion. Unless someone is raped, then getting pregnant is usually their own personal fault. Someone who makes min wage and gets pregnant 4 times, is also lacking in personal responsibility and is the fault of their issues. No one can be blamed for them having sex of their own accord, so you can't blame society for their ills. When people continue to have children they can't afford, when can society act? Or do we just continue to pay for their 5th and 6th and 7th children? Is society at fault when a man has 10 children with 4 different mothers? No society isn't at fault for it, but we sure do get to support those 10 kids don't we.

The rest of your "discussion" does not deal with things people have control over, so I won't be addressing them.

parados

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

Lets take the subject of abortion. Unless someone is raped, then getting pregnant is usually their own personal fault.

Let's stop right there. Birth control is not without failure. So you are saying it is someone's own fault if their birth control fails? This is precisely what I said you shouldn't do.

Quote:
Someone who makes min wage and gets pregnant 4 times, is also lacking in personal responsibility and is the fault of their issues.
The number of people that do that is probably less than the failure rate of birth control.

Quote:
When people continue to have children they can't afford, when can society act? Or do we just continue to pay for their 5th and 6th and 7th children?
I know of no welfare program that increases benefits for the 5th, 6th and 7th child. Perhaps you can tell us which one does that.

Quote:
Is society at fault when a man has 10 children with 4 different mothers? No society isn't at fault for it, but we sure do get to support those 10 kids don't we.
I see you have decided to use rare instances to try to make your arguments. How many men in the US have had 10 children by 4 different mothers and the mothers are on welfare? Can you even point to 1? 2?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Certainly we can say that anyone who does not graduate High School is not trying, as graduation has become largely a matter of punching the clock, not turning in work, and the diploma helps in getting a job. I am interested to know the condition of those who work hard and follow the rules, the failing of the rest I am much less interested in.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:56 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Let's stop right there. Birth control is not without failure. So you are saying it is someone's own fault if their birth control fails? This is precisely what I said you shouldn't do.

Do you really think modern day BC has such a high rate of failure as to generate over 300,000 abortions a year? Did you know that not having sex has a 100% success rate of preventing pregnancy?

Quote:
The number of people that do that is probably less than the failure rate of birth control.

Yet it is these sort of people that are used as the excuse to raise the min wage. Low income with multiple kids needing assistance.

Quote:
I know of no welfare program that increases benefits for the 5th, 6th and 7th child. Perhaps you can tell us which one does that.

That might be a bit of a stretch. It doesn't change the fact that in some cases and up to a certain point, they get more money for having more children. The cut off might be 4, but when you have 1 or 2 and can't provide for them, why keep having more? They are still making the taxpayer responsible for their bad decisions. If you have one kid and can't afford to live, why have more.

Quote:
I see you have decided to use rare instances to try to make your arguments. How many men in the US have had 10 children by 4 different mothers and the mothers are on welfare? Can you even point to 1? 2?

I can think of one right off the bat, and that is why I used that #. The guy that was shot in the head by a cop a few weeks ago. It was all over the news about his 10 kids and the different women he had fathered them with.

Do you deny that in those communities where welfare is common that the father sticks around or are they mainly single mother/father households? This goes on in all poor neighborhoods and color has nothing to do with it, it is a personal responsibility issue. Whether it is a trailer park in Alabama or the ghetto's of Chicago. Having children when you can't afford them is a personal responsibility issue.