Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

coldjoint

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 08:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
She does not want a strong leader anywhere near the English people. It would only give them ideas about free speech preserving their culture and enforcing their laws. The Queen and others want no part of that.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 08:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
That is incorrect. Obstruction refers to interfering with an investigation that the government is pursuing, not to the government deciding to close down an investigation.
Please tell me how it is NOT obstructing justice if the reason you fire the investigator is that you think his investigation might lead to you.
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 08:46 pm
@Blickers,
It isn't obstruction because obstruction isn't about the government closing down an investigation.

Obstruction is about interfering with an investigation that the government is trying to pursue.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 08:58 pm
The Trumpeters in this thread keep reminding me of this...

Dumb and Dumber https://g.co/kgs/Ya8uCt

Comic relief is so appreciated. 😁
oralloy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:00 pm
@firefly,
Yet you cannot point to a single thing that we are wrong about.
firefly

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:02 pm
@oralloy,
I don't think I can point to anything you are right about😆
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Yet you cannot point to a single thing that we are wrong about.

How about a laughing gopher taking the place of any facts or debate? We re not wrong about that either.
firefly

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:05 pm
@coldjoint,
I said I appreciate the comic relief you provide.

Laughter is my reaction.😁
coldjoint

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:08 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Laughter is my reaction.😁

Another thing that works both ways. You like things that only work one way and do not have the brains to back up that belief in any sort of debate.

Gopher please.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:26 pm
Trump may be divisive at home, but across the pond he sure helped to bring folks together. 😃 He finally gave Brits something to agree on.😆

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/07/u-k-protests-donald-trump-finally-gave-brits-something-to-agree-on.html
Below viewing threshold (view)
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 09:59 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Quote Brandon:
Quote:
the president-elect has every right in the world to set up communications with foreign governments.
He was already in office. And that's all you have to say about Trump saying to the Russians, "Hey guys, will you please help me set up a communications channel so I can wheel and deal with your leader and not have the damn FBI and CIA find out and screw the deal?

Name ONE president who even came close to trying to do this.

I doubt that that's what happened. Give a citation, please, showing that Trump actually said something parallel to your (unclosed) quotation.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:02 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Blickers wrote:
Why did Trump's son-in-law ask the Russians' help in setting up a communications network for Trump to talk to them? That ain't "flexibilty" in negotiations-whatever that is-that's out and out subterfuge. If that ain't treason, it's getting damn close to it.

If this even actually happened, the president-elect has every right in the world to set up communications with foreign governments. And, by the way, if he had already conspired with them to rig the election, would he not already have a communications channel with them?

Are you going to stick with that story??? No, no president-elect has ANY right to set up Secret Comms with foreign governments. Our government is geared for transition every 4 to 8 years, and there are career employees who keep the machine running and are familiar with the changing of the guard. What other nonsense do you think is the Devine right of a President.....how about the new CINC desires he/she wants to move the White House to Tennessee or New Jersey, then all the National Monuments should be put on wheels so each new resident can have thmoved into a position or site they prefer. This isn’t Ancient Rome, and we are not going to be building pyramids like the ones in Egypt or Peru. How about the new pres wants a niftier flag, or wants new words composed for the National Anthem......I don’t give a crap if you think Trump is the second coming.....great..,...but he didn’t buy a company, he was elected to a four term. He doesn’t get to just tinker with frivolous ****....he’s supposed to serve and protect......not be served and worshipped.

Trump didn't try to do any of those things you listed, but he did have a perfect right to establish communication with foreign governments. The president needs to talk to foreign governments. No reason he has to leave it to the "career employees."
layman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:08 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I doubt that that's what happened. Give a citation, please, showing that Trump actually said something parallel to your (unclosed) quotation.

He didn't say that, but if he would have it would have been warranted. Trump hadn't been in office more than a few days (or weeks, maybe, I've forgotten) before his phone calls to the heads of Mexico and Australia were being printed verbatim on the front pages of main stream papers. Who would know that, except for someone listening in on the phone call?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:24 pm
Well there are certainly a lot of experts concerned about Trump's meeting alone with Putin on Monday. Fears include his being outplayed by Putin, and the possibility the two might agree to a secret pact that Trump's advisors and policy makers will have no awareness of.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-putin-helsinki-summit-preview-698547/

The fact that Trump wants no one else in the room, other than translators, probably means he will fail to strongly confront Putin about the election tampering with any degree of firmness and resolve, but, since he can then devise his own version of what transpired, I'm sure he'll try to create the pretense that he actually defended the security of the United States, no matter how far fetched that might seem in his case.

I do, however, expect we will hear many flattering things about Putin from Trump.
Blickers

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:03 pm
@firefly,
Quote firefly:
Quote:
Well there are certainly a lot of experts concerned about Trump's meeting alone with Putin on Monday. Fears include his being outplayed by Putin, and the possibility the two might agree to a secret pact that Trump's advisors and policy makers will have no awareness of.
There are other possibilites. Helsinki is only 75 miles from the Russian border. With everyone turning evidence against him at home, it is quite possible that Trump asked for an hour or two alone with Putin so that the two can walk out the room and the building straight into a waiting car driven by a Russian race car driver making a run for the border. After a couple of hours when everyone is expecting Trump and Putin to walk out the door, they will be actually over the Russian border, where Donald can be safe from Federal and State prosecutions.

https://i.imgur.com/mvLbn8U.jpg
firefly

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:29 pm
Trump's strategy...
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsDDGSthqCQkm9V4jv_Y-0LPRswVqekxGIl7l4RZ_gDswxEaYC
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:37 pm
@Blickers,
Fraid not. Trump aint gunna give up his chance to become dictator for life in the USA after converting the military to his own personal service and unleashing his orange shirts on the general population of cheese-eaters.

He's going alone so that no one will see the the massive amount of top secret documents he's bringing to Putin. In return Putin will jump start Trump's new reign by having his agents poison most of Trump's political opponents: Schumer, Pelosi, Maxine Waters, et al, all the heads of MSM outlets, and all the bankers he owes money to. And Rosie O'Donnell too, just because...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2018 11:40 pm
@Brandon9000,
No, he really didn't have to establish comms outside the layers of protection that already exist (are secure, constantly monitored to prevent outside penetration)....Do you honestly think that the armed forces and everyone in the intellegence community wants this country to be destroyed by outside forces????? If you do, I suspect it says more about your love of country and your respect for all of the fallen warriors who served to protect us. Shame on you.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2018 12:02 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote Brandon:
Quote:
Give a citation, please, showing that Trump actually said something parallel to your (unclosed) quotation.
I don't need a citation, as the snippet I composed is just an example of how a back channel to a hostile foreign power COULD be misused. Which is why they are NOT used by any president except Trump. Why?

Once more, Brandon, show me any OTHER president who ever attempted TWICE to set up a back channel communication with a hostile country. And no, he does not have the right to do that.