Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

firefly

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:41 am
The Pentagon has gone into damage control with NATO allies to reassure them and reduce tensions caused by Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/pentagon-goes-damage-control-mode-reassure-nato-allies-n891096
Below viewing threshold (view)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:38 am
@oralloy,
It's possible that a tyrant Trump might consider that option, but that would be stupid and dangerous to our national security. The only housecleaning that needs to be done is to elect another president in 2020. Trump is a moron. Tillerson was right all along.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
Indictments have just come down, 12 GRU (Russian Mulitary Intelligence) intell officers have been charged with hacking into US computers, including but not limited to the DNC, various voter registraion sites, and all sorts of related mischief.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
However, you are correct about George W Bush's approval rating. It was as low a 25. However, the majority now rate GW Bush highly. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/370186-poll-majority-have-favorable-view-of-george-w-bush

Who said anything about Bush's approval rating? Also, what does this have to do with the left mocking Bush for his comment on Putin in the early 2000's? If things were this bad between Russia and the US in 2006, why did Obama approve the Uranium 1 deal and then not call Russia out as our geo-political foe during eh 2012 Presidential debates? Why did he promise "more flexibility after the election", if we knew Russia was this bad? Obama dropped the ball on Russia in a big way and now the DNC wants to blame Trump for our current state of affairs...

Quote:
I take it you're not the majority.

Not sure how you turned me pointing out the DNC's mocking of Bush for his Putin comment, into whether I like/liked Bush 43 or not? I've had disagreements with some of his later policies, but I was always a supporter of 43, it was the extreme left who were rabid with hate for the man.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:09 am
@glitterbag,
Can you post the source for this information?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
c.i. it's all over the news right now

it even lead the Canadian news, which rarely covers this sort of thing happening in the US
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:31 am
@cicerone imposter,
12 Russians Indicted in Mueller Investigation

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-rosenstein-announcement-washington-20180713-story.html
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
I was watching the visit to Windsor Castle on MSNBC when the screen split and the Rosenstein press conference began. I think all stations are covering the Russia story.....well FOX isn’t covering it, they are salivating over the upcoming interview with Ms. Lisa Page. The Russians that are charged are all GRU (Russian military intelligence) intelligence officers.......

Republican congressmen are worried this might blunt their efforts to continue to investigate Hillary.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:42 am
@Baldimo,
In that same poll, Obama 66 percent favorable, Trump 40 percent favorable.
firefly

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:45 am
@glitterbag,
Hopefully it will blunt their efforts to dismiss Russian election tampering as a hoax, and Mueller's investigation as fruitless.

It also means that Trump should be a hell of a lot more confrontational with Putin on Monday than he is likely to be. He doesn't want to disrupt his personal "good chemistry" with a dictator he admires, and that comes before any alligiance to protecting and promoting our national security and democracy..
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:52 am
@MontereyJack,
Trump has been as low as 35% approval.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:53 am
@oralloy,
Ok, I’ll bite, what do you think is ‘an empty publicity stunt’?
NSFW (view)
firefly

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Oh Fox News has been covering it, and they are not belittling how important these indictments are in establishing how the Russians influenced our election. They described Rosenstein as holding "a blockbuster" news conference.

The next big shoe to drop from Mueller's investigation will probably name Americans who assisted the Russians. Then the s**t will really hit the fan and the Republicans will probably go nuts.

I agree with those, like Sen. Warner, who are now saying that Trump should not meet alone with Putin on Monday, and there should be at least a written record of what transpires, and other Americans in the room.
revelette1

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:27 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I agree with those, like Sen. Warner, who are now saying that Trump should not meet alone with Putin on Monday, and there should be at least a written record of what transpires, and other Americans in the room.

I agree but I don't hold my breath on it happening.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:48 pm
Breaking: May Government in Meltdown As Now Boris Johnson Resigns
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/9/1779088/-Breaking-May-Government-in-Meltdown-As-Now-Boris-Johnson-Resigns

Can someone please explain what this story is about?