Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 12:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Trump's ignorance of the Constitution will surely get him impeached during his first year in office. There are many legal beagles looking for that first chance.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 06:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The voters rejected Trump. Decisively. It was only the dead hand of some troglodyte founding fathers that got him in. It is very clear that the majority of the electorate didn't, and doesn't support him and his agenda. At the rate he's going, he won't even be a full one-term president. Polls already show a third of the country wants his impeachment, and that number will only grow as he continues to piss off people.

Let's compare notes after election day 2032 and see if the Republicans haven't just won the White House for the fifth time in a row.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 06:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Trump's ignorance of the Constitution will surely get him impeached during his first year in office. There are many legal beagles looking for that first chance.

Good grief. Are you going to continue that goofy nonsense all through the next eight years?

First, impeachment requires specific impeachable offenses. It is very unlikely that Mr. Trump will ever commit any such offense.

And second, impeachment requires the Democrats having credibility on the impeachment issue.

After the Democrats placed Bill Clinton above the law, no one would take their calls for impeachment seriously even if they were justified.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 01:39 am
@Baldimo,
Now that's irony; someone who blindly believes something is in a video because he's told to, who then goes on to post it without checking the facts really has no place calling anyone else weak minded. When your poor spelling is pointed out you think your grammar is being criticised, and the apostrophe remains an impenetrable enigma.

You've been told what to think for so long you don't know what thinking is anymore,which is why, like the apostrophe, my cavalcade of whimsy is lost on
you.

Btw,I've not mounted any defence at all. I don't need to, you keep shooting yourself in the foot. You don't even have the courage to stand by your own words.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
We don't need no education. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 05:13 am
@TheCobbler,
I had a History teacher who sounded just like the teacher at the end of that song. He even used to call us laddie.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2017 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Now that's irony; someone who blindly believes something is in a video because he's told to, who then goes on to post it without checking the facts really has no place calling anyone else weak minded.

Yes, weak minded because you don't even attempt to discuss the issue at hand. Instead you mount a full frontal attack on every post and this post is no different.

Quote:
When your poor spelling is pointed out you think your grammar is being criticised, and the apostrophe remains an impenetrable enigma.

Again no substance to what the actual discussion is. It's all personal with you.

Quote:
You've been told what to think for so long you don't know what thinking is anymore,which is why, like the apostrophe, my cavalcade of whimsy is lost on
you.

Again weak. No substance on the topic, personal attacks.

Quote:
Btw,I've not mounted any defence at all. I don't need to, you keep shooting yourself in the foot. You don't even have the courage to stand by your own words.

Same old same old. No substance.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 01:46 am
@Baldimo,
There's no point discussing anything with you. I learned that a long time ago. You just mindlessly parrot what some muppet master tells you to say.

And when you are faced with your own words you throw a wobbly, claim you didn't mean what you actually said and make wild paranoid accusations about me hacking into A2K/getting the mods to edit/delete yours and my posts.

When you made that ridiculous claim you really lost the plot, and I'm not wasting my time with those who need to resort to histrionics.

You initiated this conversation, not me. I only respond to your feeble attacks.

Now, you can do what you always do, pretend there's another reason why I can't be bothered with you, because you can't handle the truth.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 10:41 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
here's no point discussing anything with you. I learned that a long time ago. You just mindlessly parrot what some muppet master tells you to say.

That's just it Izzy, you never discuss anything. You revert to the same BS every single time, regardless of the subject. This same diatribe appears in every post you reply to because you don't want to talk about the topic. You only aim to discredit, that's why I always point out your weak attempts and weak mind.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 12:29 pm
40% of Americans want Trump impeached already. Up from 35% two weeks ago. If it were possible, 52% of Americans would prefer Obama back rather than Trump. PPP poll.
Frugal1

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 01:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Fake news using fake numbers.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 04:08 pm
@Frugal1,
Nope. Real news, real poll, real numbers. Your boy is tanking. His numbers keep getting worse because the majority of the country doesn't like him or his agenda, and since he's only playing to the 20 percent or so of his real hardcore zealots, like you, it's only going to get worse for him
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 04:11 pm
@oralloy,
I'll probably be dead by then, but I'll be laughing at you from my grave.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 04:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
40% of Americans want Trump impeached already. Up from 35% two weeks ago. If it were possible, 52% of Americans would prefer Obama back rather than Trump. PPP poll.

Quote:
Public Policy Polling is a U.S. Democratic polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina. PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.

Gee, I wonder who they were polling... It couldn't possibily be left wing wacko's could it? I'm sure they were so correct when they also thought Hillary was going to win by a land slide.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 04:16 pm
@MontereyJack,
How old are most of you people. It seems most of the lefties on this site are 70 or older, a lot of things are starting to make sense now.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2017 11:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
I;m with you MontereyJack.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 02:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
It'll get worse for Trump every time he speaks, because he continues to prove his ignorance. He's already alienated Mexicans, Muslims and most decent people around the world. That's an amazing feat, because he accomplished so much in so little time. I think he set a new precedent for the most hated head of state in the world.
Trump declared that negative reports (about him) are fake news. This guy is a real dummy. This is the same guy who admires Putin more than our own government.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:15 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
I'm sure they were so correct when they also thought Hillary was going to win by a land slide.

A land slide? They didn't.

PPP didn't do national polls but they conducted polls in eight swing states shortly before the election. In each of those states they found Clinton ahead by a modest margin of 2-5 points.

In some states their poll turned to be on the nose; they had the margin exactly right for Colorado and Virginia and within one point for Nevada. In other states (Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and North Carolina) they underestimated Trump's vote, ending up off on the margin by 5-6 points. In Wisconsin they were even off by eight. On average, however, they were off by somewhat less than 4 points.*

Anyway, the new PPP poll MontereyJack cited finds that "52% say they'd rather Obama was President, to only 43% who are glad Trump is." Hypothetical-Obama leads by nine! But you're totally right. Who knows, maybe PPP is again just as wrong as in the election. Maybe they're again off by... four points on the margin. Which means that, in reality... Hypothetical-Obama leads by five instead of nine. Hey, if that makes you feel better.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 07:38 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/16729485_10211401453172668_6684235843462665930_n.jpg?oh=1b4f3e9f218776f3281150e5a3df70fd&oe=59091B89
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 08:49 am
The worst thing about Trump winning and his unpopular polls is that I don't think in the end is will matter much at midterms in terms of shifting the power away from republicans in the Senate; according to 538, even if his poll numbers don't improve by then, we still face the same problems which have plagued democrats in the past with elections at midterms.

Quote:
Moreover, the relationship between net approval and midterm losses is far from perfect. Other factors clearly play into midterm election results as well, and in 2018, those factors will work against Democrats: They face a Senate map with few opportunities for gains and a House map skewed red by urban packing and gerrymandering. Although history implies that the Democrats should make gains, these structural barriers could hand that advantage right back to the GOP.

source
0 Replies