Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 10:13 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16266314_1436427936399386_5579067101121965212_n.png?oh=3d9067ab4c78e1a11762fd898991c0fb&oe=59087C5E

Frugal is on ignore too.

Do you believe your own BS?
Somalia
Libya
Iraq
Baldimo

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:33 am
@McGentrix,
Aren't these the same countries that Obama was bombing prior to leaving office? I'm wondering why no one in the media has bothered to connect the dots on these things. Of course the media hardly even batted an eye at the military actions by Obama. Trump puts an immigration restriction on the very same countries and OMG!!! Why does he hate them? How could Trump do this... No questions as to why Obama was killing them from the sky, but an immigration issue...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 06:02 pm
@McGentrix,
Do you believe yours? You've linked to three countries the US bombed - two of them the casualties were the direct result of military attacks initiated by the US.

If the raison d'etre is to prevent terrorism on US soil it's vacuous to cite casualties from military/quasi military action in other countries.

And you haven't addressed why Saudi Arabia escapes the ban - even though it's citizens are almost entirely responsible for 9/11 AND they are a major player in the meltdown in Yemen. Pakistan's security forces sheltered Bin Laden and supplied the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Based on terrorist acts since 2001 on US soil these are the countries that should be in this freeze:
Saudi Arabia
United Arab Emirates
Egypt
Lebanon
USA (lots)
Jamaica
Iran
Pakistan (a few)
Palestine (well he was American born to Palestinian parents)
Kyrgyzstan (Chechn)
Russia (Chechn)
Kuwait ( with Palestinian and Jordanian parents)
Kenya
Afghanistan
Somalia
Puerto Rico

(pulled from this list http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-refugee-muslim-ban-terrorist-attack-us-statistics/)

My point is the reason given is bullshit. Given the above list, the lack of intersection between the countries actually banned and Trump's business interests and American military bases I conclude that this is an exercise in Trump giving his support base something to rah rah about - and is not designed or intended to succeed.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:07 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
I conclude that this is an exercise in Trump giving his support base something to rah rah about - and is not designed or intended to succeed.

Exactly, success is irrelevant, What's important is pandering to his support. These are very simple minded people, they like to believe in absolutes, good/bad, black/white. They just can't grasp the complexities of the real world. Anything that goes against this simplistic mind set is dismissed as lies from the 'liberal elite.' The retired generals, intelligence officers and experts who say that such action is counterproductive are just part of the same said fictional conspiracy.

I think Trump would welcome a terror attack, after 9/11 Bush was able to bring in control measures like the Patriot Act, and Trump would love to be able to do something like that. 1984 teaches us that constant war is the lifeblood of authoritarian regimes.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 12:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Out of control regimes headed by a Trump.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 12:49 pm
@izzythepush,
You say all of this without the slightest bit of irony. Pot meet kettle.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
I was happy to see the world community demonstrate against king Trump. As a narcissist, it must have wounded his ego.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 01:32 pm
@Baldimo,
You say everything without the slightest hint of originality, just one tired cliché after another.

You don't understand irony either.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 01:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Pot meet kettle. Tell me Izzy, what sort of original "thought" have you expressed here?
Blickers

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 02:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
Well I guess I posted the wrong links, that's what I get for not fully watching them.

Quote Baldimo in a later post:
Quote:
I said I posted the wrong links, I never said I didn't watch the video's. Get over you "moral" high ground.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Reality disconnect.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 02:45 pm
@Blickers,
No the implication was that I posted the wrong links for video's I did watch. No disconnect, just misleading posts from you.

Was this in relation to my post to you about someone else posting the wrong links and you going and finding the correct ones for that person...

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 04:58 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:
If democrats desire to be relevant ever again, it's going to take major changes on the liberal left.

The Democrats will be out of power for the next 20 years.

But moderate democrats will indeed purge their party of extremism before they eventually return to power.
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 05:01 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
TheCobbler wrote:
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16266314_1436427936399386_5579067101121965212_n.png?oh=3d9067ab4c78e1a11762fd898991c0fb&oe=59087C5E

Frugal is on ignore too.

Do you believe your own BS?
Somalia
Libya
Iraq

Don't forget Kadaffy's bombing of Pan Am 103. And Iran's bombing of American Marines in Lebanon.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 10:53 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The Democrats will be out of power for the next 20 years.

But moderate democrats will indeed purge their party of extremism before they eventually return to power.

Unlikely to be out of power that long. If Trump runs for a second term, he'll be 74. The groups which vote Democratic are increasing in their population percentage, and the groups which vote Republican are decreasing their population percentage. And I guarantee the next candidate the Democrats run will know how to use twitter.

Of course, that's assuming that if Sessions gets confirmed, Trump does not issue an Executive Order allowing the immigration and immediate American citizenship of 30 Million Russians. If Trump dies that, it probably will keep the Republicans in power for 20 years, or until the Russians all die of vodka poisoning, (Russians have very low life expectancy).
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 11:10 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Unlikely to be out of power that long.

20 years minimum. The 2013 gun control debacle has completely destroyed liberalism as a political force in America.

Even after 20 years, the Democrats will only be able to win by turning away from the Left and nominating a "Trump-lite". (Sort of like how Clinton won in the Reagan era by being "Reagan-lite".)

Blickers wrote:
If Trump runs for a second term, he'll be 74.

Trump will serve two full terms. And then Republicans will continue to hold the White House by nominating other Republicans who share Trump's philosophy. (Pat Buchanan perhaps?)

Blickers wrote:
The groups which vote Democratic are increasing in their population percentage, and the groups which vote Republican are decreasing their population percentage.

Aside from African Americans, the groups that sometimes vote for Democrats are also willing to sometimes vote for Republicans.
Blickers

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 11:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Quote:
Aside from African Americans, the groups that sometimes vote for Democrats are also willing to sometimes vote for Republicans.

No indication of that. The largest growing group, Hispanics, vote for Hillary over Trump by a margin of 36 points-about the same as they did for Obama in 2008. And Hillary won the younger voters as well.

Trump brought out the noncollege educated whites and apparently won in the key states. However, whites become a smaller percentage of the population every four years and more college graduates become a higher percentage of the population every four years. So two different long standing trends coasclesce to make Trump's or the Republican candidate's path more difficult in four years, let alone twenty.

oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2017 11:46 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
No indication of that. The largest growing group, Hispanics, vote for Hillary over Trump by a margin of 36 points-about the same as they did for Obama in 2008. And Hillary won the younger voters as well.

The thing about younger voters is, they get older. And when they get older they start voting for Republicans.

Hispanics have voted for Republicans before, and they will do so again.

College-educated voters have voted for Republicans before, and they will do so again.

At any rate, my prediction is that the Republicans will hold the White House for a minimum of 20 years, and that the Democrats will only win it back (after that 20 years) by eschewing the Left and nominating a "Trump-lite".

Let's compare notes after election day 2032 and see if the Republicans haven't just won the presidency five times in a row.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 01:49 am
@Baldimo,
None that you'd understand.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 09:06 am
@oralloy,
The voters rejected Trump. Decisively. It was only the dead hand of some troglodyte founding fathers that got him in. It is very clear that the majority of the electorate didn't, and doesn't support him and his agenda. At the rate he's going, he won't even be a full one-term president. Polls already show a third of the country wants his impeachment, and that number will only grow as he continues to piss off people.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2017 11:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
None that you'd understand.

Last defense of a weak mind. "You wouldn't understand..."