Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 05:36 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Like hell you did. You posted a link to two videos you claimed show a Democratic employee paying people to commit violence. I watched the videos. There was NO point on the videos where the man said that.

That's about par for the course. You're just being difficult because you believe your own eyes instead of what Baldy says.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 05:43 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
And even if you did post a video which I missed

Baldy is always posting stuff that gets missed. And it's a once in a lifetime offer. You missed it. Sorry. No only that, stuff that he says other other people posted goes missing too.

When you challenge him he accuses you of either hacking into A2K and deleting/editing his posts and/or getting the mods to do the same.

It's just a load of paranoid fantasy with him. That's the calibre of his argument, that's how it's always been.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 07:51 am
If democrats desire to be relevant ever again, it's going to take major changes on the liberal left.
Liberals have exposed a monumental need for self improvement.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2yiyQZUkAAW7El.jpg:large
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:54 am
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/16195181_10205772683515749_1687717974492861628_n.jpg?oh=e02c5d0ed54c2e35343fceedd7dcbaef&oe=58FD4B4E
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 08:57 am
@Frugal1,
Cheating is not winning.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:27 am
So In case you missed it because you were too busy getting all riled up by Trumps misdirection:
The Senate voted 51 to 48 to....
1. End coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. Remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent's insurance till the age of 26.
4. Cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. Direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
For those who get health insurance through work, no pre-existing conditions. Lifetime caps for coverage are back for everyone.
Real actions are being taken that will affect more than just the 20-30 million people who will lose their health care coverage and the 3 million people who will lose their jobs.
Despite their assertions of this being an action to "repeal and replace," no viable alternative plan has been proposed. The House votes Friday. As of this moment, no replacement exists.
Apparently, Speaker Ryan has had his phones cut off because of the volume of calls, so here is his mailing address:
1233 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Fax: (202) 225-3393

Making America sick again...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:28 am
@TheCobbler,
Which is better than what happened to some of his judges.

Quote:
With the return of Charles II, Parliament passed the Indemnity and Oblivion Act (1660), which granted amnesty to many of Cromwell's supporters. Of those who had been involved in the trial and execution, 104 were specifically excluded from reprieve, although 24 had already died, including Cromwell, John Bradshaw (the judge who was president of the court) and Henry Ireton (a general in the Parliamentary army and Cromwell's son-in-law). They were given a posthumous execution: their remains were exhumed, and they were hanged, beheaded and their remains were cast into a pit below the gallows. Their heads were placed on spikes at the end of Westminster Hall, facing in the direction of the spot where Charles I had been executed. Several others were hanged, drawn and quartered, while 19 were imprisoned for life. Property was confiscated from many, and most were barred from holding public office or title again. Twenty-one of those under threat fled Britain, mostly settling in the Netherlands or Switzerland, although three fled to the Dominion of New England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regicides_of_Charles_I

Btw, you've still not said who beheaded eight wives.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
And today these English judges are hailed as heroes unlike the beheaded king who is simply considered a nasty old tyrant.
Frugal1

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:31 am

Liberal progressive democrats must reach across the isle and actually
work with republicans if they want any chance at a return to power.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:35 am
@Frugal1,
NEVER.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:50 am
@izzythepush,
Okay he had six wives... EXCUSE ME.

Now maybe you might tell me all about Maine history in the US?

It is your country and your tyrannical kings not mine.

Ever heard of the liberty pole? (I didn't think so)

I don't pretend to be an expert on tyrannical kings who behead (excuse me) two of their 6 wives.

Isn't hanging one enough for, erm.. "adultery" simply so he could marry another with the pope's blessing? lol

Henry had 6 wives and beheaded two of them because they were "adulterers and witches".

Some say that maybe Ann was not a witch but simply "bewitched", so off with her head anyway.

Does the float your boat now?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:51 am
@TheCobbler,
Not really. A lot of those judges were puritanical nutjobs which is why Charles II was asked back.

Quote:
Cromwell was a Puritan. He was a highly religious man who believed that everybody should lead their lives according to what was written in the Bible. The word “Puritan” means that followers had a pure soul and lived a good life. Cromwell believed that everybody else in England should follow his example.

One of the main beliefs of the Puritans was that if you worked hard, you would get to Heaven. Pointless enjoyment was frowned upon. Cromwell shut many inns and the theatres were all closed down. Most sports were banned. Boys caught playing football on a Sunday could be whipped as a punishment. Swearing was punished by a fine, though those who kept swearing could be sent to prison.

Sunday became a very special day under he Puritans. Most forms of work were banned. Women caught doing unnecessary work on the Holy Day could be put in the stocks. Simply going for a Sunday walk (unless it was to church) could lead to a hefty fine.

To keep the population’s mind on religion, instead of having feast days to celebrate the saints (as had been common in Medieval England), one day in every month was a fast day – you did not eat all day.

Cromwell believed that women and girls should dress in a proper manner. Make-up was banned. Puritan leaders and soldiers would roam the streets of towns and scrub off any make-up found on unsuspecting women. Too colourful dresses were banned. A Puritan lady wore a long black dress that covered her almost from neck to toes. She wore a white apron and her hair was bunched up behind a white head-dress. Puritan men wore black clothes and short hair.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/stuart-england/life-in-england-under-oliver-cromwell/

If they were heroes then so are the bloody Taliban.

The cavaliers are often romanticised, the roundheads not so much. Even in your country the southerners liked to believe in a myth that saw them descended from cavaliers.

Tony Blair thought having a portrait of Cromwell in his office would set out a more Republican vision. Unfortunately he ended up upsetting the Irish.

http://www.historytoday.com/tom-reilly/cromwell-irish-question<br />
This is what happens when you learn your history from memes, you end up spouting nonsense and half truths like someone beheading eight wives.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:53 am
@TheCobbler,
He had six wives, but he only beheaded two of them. And the second one, Catherine Howard, would have been beheaded by any absolute monarch.

When I start pontificating about historical events in Maine feel free to pull me up on it.

0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:55 am
The Democrat Party’s ‘Resistance’ to Trump Is Already Falling Apart
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:56 am
@izzythepush,
The Roman Christian church was even more puritanical than Cromwell...

So by the same token, they were also the Taliban of their day.

"Cromwell has more roads named after him than any other Englishman."

Sounds like he is loathed even to this day. (cynical)
izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:02 am
@TheCobbler,
They didn't ban Christmas, or mince pies, or the theatre, or a host of other innocuous stuff. Where's your evidence to back up your claim? I posted links to back up what I'm saying.

It's academic and rather irrelevant anyway. The Puritans weren't replaced by Catholics. James II was deposed in a bloodless coup for trying to foist Catholicism on England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:16 am
@izzythepush,
The Spanish inquisition were champions of liberty. (cynical)

And yes, theater and even reading, printing and more mundane things than mince pies were punishable by death under various Roman Catholic popes.

Great artworks were burned in Florence Italy to appease the puritanical Dominicans.

Bonfire of the Vanities
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonfire_of_the_Vanities

Savonarola was a product of the Roman Church.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:17 am
@Blickers,
Well I guess I posted the wrong links, that's what I get for not fully watching them. I'll find the proper ones which I did post several months ago when they were first released by Project Veritas, now all of this is based on whether you believe or even half believe what the videos showed. There is the fact that 2 people from DNC linked groups have either been fired or stepped down from their positions, Robert Creamer and Scott Foval, after the release of the video's.
Quote:
Robert Creamer, founder of Democracy Advocates and the husband of Rep. Janice D. Schakowsky, Illinois Democrat, stepped down from the campaign Tuesday, a day after Scott Foval was fired from his post as national field director of Americans United for Change.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/18/undercover-video-shows-democrats-saying-they-hire-/

Project Veritas Video 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs
Video 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs
Video 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEQvsK5w-jY

Enjoy.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:23 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
For those who get health insurance through work, no pre-existing conditions. Lifetime caps for coverage are back for everyone.

I never had any of these issues with my coverage prior to the ACA going into effect. My insurance was cheaper as well. I'm still waiting for my $2500 a year in savings, instead of $2500 a year increased.

Quote:
1. End coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. Remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent's insurance till the age of 26.
4. Cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. Direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.

What you guys missed in the first place was that a majority of these things should have and could have been passed on their own, without being lumped in with a mandate. It's the all or nothing approach that doesn't work.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:39 am
@TheCobbler,
I know about the bonfire of the vanities. What pope banned mince pies?

This still has no bearing on 17th Century Britain. Just because the Catholics were bad doesn't mean the puritans weren't bloody awful. You said that the puritans who tried Charles I are seen as heroes today. That's just plain wrong. Cromwell ensured the continuation of the English monarchy, that's how bad his rule was.
0 Replies