Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 06:45 pm
@snood,
http://www.inquisitr.com/3164607/bernie-sanders-vs-hillary-clinton-polls-california/
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 06:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Enough already, CI. If you cut and paste a hundred links about Bernie polls, it won't make them any less irrelevant.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 07:00 pm
@snood,
Just showing you that polls are taken on politicians. It's a given.
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 08:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Just showing you that polls are taken on politicians. It's a given.

If it's a given, why do you have to show it?
RABEL222

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 10:02 pm
@snood,
Hillary has 3 million more popular votes than Bernie. Screw the polls.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 07:26 am
@RABEL222,
That three million represents only about 5% of the votes already made.

About 72 percent of Californians eligible to vote have registered to cast their ballots in Tuesday's presidential primary, marking a record number for the state, according to Secretary of State Alex Padilla.

“In the 45 days leading up to the voter registration deadline, there was a huge surge in voter registration — total statewide voter registration increased by nearly 650,000," Padilla said in a statement, reports The Hill. "Part of this surge was fueled through social media, as Facebook sent a reminder to all California users to register to vote.”
On Friday, Padilla's office released a report showing that just more than 17.9 million voters were registered as of the state's May 23 deadline, marking the most registered voters the state has ever had heading into a primary election.

About 45 percent of the state's voters registered as Democrats; 27 percent registered as Republicans, and unaffiliated voters make up another 23 percent.

Special: Barb Walters Sits Down With Dr Oz and Leaves Viewers Speechless
According to the report, there were about 17.2 million registered voters heading into the 2012 presidential primary.

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are fighting almost neck-and-neck for control of California for a prize that won't likely deliver Sanders the delegates he needs to clinch the Democratic nomination, but would bolster his refusal to leave the race before the party's convention in Philadelphia.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/California-voters/2016/06/04/id/732326/#ixzz4Ai9A8hSc

How about letting the voters of California have a say first. Thats about 8 million registered Democratic voters? Or how about giving millions of New Jersey Democrats a chance to vote?

How about following the DNC rules on who gets to get their name put up at the convention???

"If a Democratic primary candidate can win 59 percent of the Party’s “pledged” (primary- and caucus-won) delegates or more, the primary is decided by pledged delegates; if a Democratic primary candidate fails to meet that threshold, they are considered by DNC electoral processes to be a weak front-runner and the nomination is finally decided, instead, by “superdelegates” — who can express support for a candidate at any time, but cannot commit themselves to anyone (i.e., cast a binding vote for any candidate) until the Democratic National Convention in July; superdelegates are unlike pledged delegates in this regard because, while pledged delegates also do not vote until the Party’s convention, they cannot change their votes from what their state’s voting results pledged them to be — though it has been argued by some that in fact they can change their votes at the Convention, with this argument most recently having been advanced by Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2008."

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abramson/how-to-explain-the-sanders_b_10206250.html)
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 07:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
CALIFORNIA'S DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL
PRIMARY TIGHTENING. CLINTON'S LEAD
OVER SANDERS DECLINES TO TWO POINTS.

Hillary Clinton 49 Bernie Sanders 47
Clinton 48 Sanders 47
Plenty more where those come from.

As long as she can keep it close it like that in either direction, Sanders will not overtake Hillary in votes and/or delegates. More than like in NJ she will win cinch the nomination before California even closes it's polls.

Clinton has a 99% chance of winning NJ
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 09:01 am
@snood,
Because you're the one who said polls are irrelevant.
snood

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Because you're the one who said polls are irrelevant.

You were posting them before I said that - don't blame your nonsense on me.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 11:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They are relevant only if you believe that caucuses that rely on a minority of the vote are. Polls representing 500 or 1000 people mean nothing to me and shouldent mean anything to anyone who thinks for themselves.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 05:17 am
http://s33.postimg.org/n3pobe0r3/acartoon_middleclass_bison.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 05:21 am
@revelette2,
Quote:

99%, well hell, lets just cancel the primary election! Polls are NEVER wrong.
snood

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 06:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:

99%, well hell, lets just cancel the primary election! Polls are NEVER wrong.

But wait - polls are good, right? At least the ones that prove Bernie is the only one who can beat Trump?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 06:58 am
@snood,
Its not either or, its keeping it in perspective. Polls are supposed to be backing information, not triggering iformation.

Right: Hillary is given a 99% chance of taking New Jersey.
Wrong: Hillary has a 99% chance of winning New Jersey, Bernie should fold his tent.

I base my part of my faith in Bernie because of polls showing him to be more able to kick Trumps ass. And I understand how that might be: independent voters are much more likely to vote for Bernie than to vote for Hillary.

I don't take those polls as the the only or even a major reason to keep supporting Bernie.
snood

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't think Bernie should fold his tent. It would be nice at this late date if he at least stopped attacking Hillary.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:07 am
@snood,
I still don't get that Bernie attacking Hillary stuff. Its the partisans of both groups attacking the other candidate.

No matter which candidate we get it will light-years better than Donald J. Trump. We're fortunate that way: consider those candidate poor Republicans.
Suttle Tea

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:19 am
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13305254_1032745473448065_868201952140608521_o.jpg
revelette2

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:58 am
@Suttle Tea,
Well, despite their silliness, I hope they get it. In times like those, I guess even anti-government types know they need the government.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 08:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
He is attacking her by implying all of her wins have been gotten by cheating and favoritism. He knows he has lost, yet he still insist on contesting the convention and saying Hillary's win is not legitimate.

At this point, I am not even sure if the delegate loose their minds and to decide to switch to Bernie it will be enough to wipe out Hillary's wins. I would have to read up on 538 or some other wonk type site to find out the numbers.

Unlike others I think he should fold his tent just as Hillary reaches the numbers needed to cinch her nomination. I don't think he should contest the convention.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 02:19 am
Never again should we allow a party with racism as its banner run and pick a racist (Trump) as a presidential candidate.

Now is the time to vote out the republicans once and for all.

Know what your candidates stand for and pick the ones who will unify our country with love and not divide it with hate.

It is time to develop a clear consensus on what policies candidates stand for and vote accordingly.

No voter should enter the voting booth unaware of their candidates real policies.