Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 07:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't get it either. The stunts they pull in office are usually the same things the campaign against.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 11:23 am
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/13335712_566415366877454_3689169119702144474_n.png?oh=49cfa0df82e98de0c2eee9ad55e4c3a5&oe=57DBD813
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 11:52 am
@TheCobbler,
Good meme. Needs to be seen everywhere.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 11:58 am
@TheCobbler,
That one might get through to someone.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 12:33 pm
@TheCobbler,
There are many like him/her who will be voting. Fortunately, they are a small group of uneducated bigots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-black-voters-remain-in-hillary-clintons-corner/2016/02/25/7a86100a-da7d-11e5-81ae-7491b9b9e7df_story.html
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 12:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

There are many like him/her who will be voting. Fortunately, they are a small group of uneducated bigots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-black-voters-remain-in-hillary-clintons-corner/2016/02/25/7a86100a-da7d-11e5-81ae-7491b9b9e7df_story.html

I wouldn't underestimate their numbers.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 12:46 pm
@snood,
I have more faith in the American public. I've seen the progress since I was a young kid living in Sacramento.
There are pockets of bigots - mostly in the south, and that's not going to change any time soon. I can live with that, because their numbers become smaller with the generations.
Japanese Americans suffered discrimination in this country, and was put into concentration camps during WWII. Since then, we've experienced great progress.
As a kid, I was told to "go back to your own country." That kind of rhetoric has disappeared completely.
My younger brother served in the California state legislature for two terms, and was mayor of his city in Lodi. He now serves as a city councilman.
I call that progress.
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 01:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't have any doubt that progress has been made on the racial harmony front.
I don't have any doubt that the bigots are still a minority outnumbered by more open minded people.

But I stop short of saying there are definitely not enough of them to get someone like Trump elected. I might have said that 8 months ago - without hesitation.

I think he's come this far buoyed up in large part because of bigots.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 01:52 pm
@snood,
I agree with this statement; "I think he's come this far buoyed up in large part because of bigots."
However, according to the polls, Sanders wins in all of them over Trump.
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 02:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not sure exactly what your point is, in mentioning that.Trump's not going to run against Sanders.
revelette2

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 02:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Mainly because republicans have laid off of him while Hillary is getting it from two fronts, Sanders/supporters and Trump/republicans and anyone else who has hated the Clinton for over twenty years.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 03:14 pm
@snood,
There are reasons for polls, and many are interested in how Sanders vs Trump stacks up.
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 03:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
At this point those poll results are about as relevant as a Trump vs Obama poll would be.

If it was just benign academic curiosity on how the two stack up against each other that would be one thing.

But the constant quoting of how much better Bernie would do than Hillary against Trump is something besides just benign academic curiosity, isn't it?

I only ask because those polls are the basis on which the Bernie faithful are trying to build their harebrained case that the super delegates should ignore the popular vote and pledged delegate totals and switch to Bernie.
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 05:00 pm
Those polls are the basis on which the Bernie faithful are trying to build their harebrained case that the super delegates should ignore the popular vote and pledged delegate totals and switch to Bernie.

...just thought that bore repeating. Fishing for a dissent.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 05:03 pm
@snood,
If you have a better polls, show it to us. A poll showing Trump vs Obama has no meaning to anyone.
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 05:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

If you have a better polls, show it to us. A poll showing Trump vs Obama has no meaning to anyone.

Are you missing my point intentionally? At this point Bernie vs Trump polls are irrelevant. Respond to that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 05:18 pm
@snood,
Tell that to the poll takers.
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-sanders
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 05:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So, since someone is doing Bernie vs Trump polls, that makes them relevant?
Think for yourself CI. I'm addressing you. What purpose is there at this point for poll results about an imaginary race between Bernie and Trump?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 06:28 pm
@snood,
Not to you, but some others. I wouldn't know how many. You'll have to ask the people taking the polls.

This might teach you something about the importance of polls.
http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/election-polling/

BTW, I'm not the one taking polls, so you have to ask the people who are. Doesn't make any difference to me whether polls are available or not. I don't vote by polls.
snood

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 06:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Whew. I'll try one last time.

C.I., what would you say is a good reason to continue taking polls of a hypothetical matchup between Bernie and Trump when Bernie is not going to be in the general election?