Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2024 08:41 am
@TheCobbler,
Abbott, 64, a former state attorney general and Texas Supreme Court justice, faced his toughest opponent yet in O’Rourke, who repeatedly outraised the incumbent and broke a state fundraising record. But Abbott campaigned relentlessly on border security and capitalized on national headwinds favoring the GOP by tying O’Rourke to President Joe Biden, who is unpopular nationwide but especially in Texas.

Comment:
Beto broke a fundraising record, in Texas? Could any other Democrat VP hopeful do that?

Kamala, 250 million in the first week...
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2024 09:03 am
@TheCobbler,
Beto is pure energy, and that is what the base needs.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2024 09:30 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I think that would be a bad idea.

If Beto were to write a book right now, it would be titled, "How To Lose An Election."

That is not a skill Kamala Harris should bring to her campaign.

Would Trump's book be any better, "How I lost an incumbent presidential election"?
How I lost in court?
Didn't stop republicans from endorsing Trump again. Trump is a shill with no skill but he won once.
And did losing an election stop J.D. Vance from kissing his ring?
How well would Beto do the job of VP? Very well.
Beto has a ton of internet popularity and "love", huge recognition people know who he is.
And could Beto joining the election turn Texas blue? (that is a lot of electors)
Democrats would certainly vote for him.
And a Democrat losing an election in Texas, is that really so surprising?
Also, Beto has independent appeal.
Winning an election in a blue state does not really mean you would win in Texas? ...or even come close to Beto's "achievements" with red voters.

Greg Abbott Incumbent 4,437,099 54.8%
Beto O'Rourke 3,553,656 43.9

O’Rourke won in 19 counties across Texas, including the large population centers of Dallas, Harris, Travis and El Paso counties. He won fewer counties this year than he did in 2018 when he challenged U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and won in 32 counties.

You apparently like Beto for VP under Kamala Harris. That is your right...and I respect it. I have no serious beef with Beto...except for what I said. He seems to lose elections.

I, personally, would not even consider him. He would add nothing of value to the ticket in my estimation.

I don't think Harris will even consider him.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2024 11:19 am
@Frank Apisa,

her veep will be a governor from a swing state.

Beto is apparently laying low this year...
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2024 01:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

her veep will be a governor from a swing state.

Beto is apparently laying low this year...

Yup.

I was thinking Roy Cooper, but that is out now.

Now I am thinking Josh Shapiro.

We'll see what Kamala think soon.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2024 01:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Whitmer's an intriguing choice.

but i imagine having a two-woman ticket wouldn't go over very well in certain parts of the country.

certain backwards-thinking, anti-abortion states to be specific...
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2024 03:35 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

Whitmer's an intriguing choice.

but i imagine having a two-woman ticket wouldn't go over very well in certain parts of the country.

certain backwards-thinking, anti-abortion states to be specific...

Yup.

Buttigieg would be a fabulous choice...but the backwards part of America is not ready for the 21st Century yet.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2024 05:42 pm

Panel recommends Trump ally Jeffrey Clark’s law license
be suspended over his role in efforts to overturn 2020 election

(cnn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2024 08:52 am

https://i.postimg.cc/Ssvd175S/Screenshot-20240803-095020-Facebook.jpg
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2024 08:21 am
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2024 06:39 am
JoJo From Jerz wrote:
Convicted felon, adjudicated rapist, business fraud Donald Trump is a nearly 80-year old Florida-man who has made history as the first president in 28 years to not serve a second term, the first in 45 years not to release any of his tax returns, the first president in 89 years to lose the presidency, the House and the Senate in a single term, the first in 102 years to allow more than 120,000 Americans to die in a single virus outbreak, the first president in 129 years to lose the popular vote twice, the first in 152 years to boycott his successors inauguration, the first ever to fail to hit a 50% approval rating at any point during their presidency, the first president ever to be elected with the help of a foreign nation, the first ever to be impeached twice, the first ever to have a member of their own party vote for conviction in an impeachment trial, the first president ever to refuse to concede defeat, the first to be banned from social media, the first to refuse to ensure the peaceful transfer of power, the first president to have their home searched for official national security documents, the first president found liable of sexual abuse, defamation & business fraud, the first president criminally indicted (also the second, third and fourth), the first president with a mugshot, and the first president ever to be criminally convicted (once, twice, or 34 times).

He’s had the second worst record on jobs, he added the third most to our national debt, and the Presidential Greatness Project Expert Survey ranked his presidency as the worst.

Ever.

And as bad as ALL of that is, as awful and embarrassing as all of that **** is, what the melted circus peanut courtroom sleep-farter with the toadstool peen really doesn’t want us talking about, is the fact that he slurred like a demented, diapered, dentured old man who forgot to put his teeth in the other night, and that Kamala Harris is drawing much, much, MUCH bigger crowds than he ever has or ever could.

So, whatever you do — do not talk about those things.

He really, really won’t like it...
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2024 08:11 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

JoJo From Jerz wrote:
Convicted felon, adjudicated rapist, business fraud Donald Trump is a nearly 80-year old Florida-man who has made history as the first president in 28 years to not serve a second term, the first in 45 years not to release any of his tax returns, the first president in 89 years to lose the presidency, the House and the Senate in a single term, the first in 102 years to allow more than 120,000 Americans to die in a single virus outbreak, the first president in 129 years to lose the popular vote twice, the first in 152 years to boycott his successors inauguration, the first ever to fail to hit a 50% approval rating at any point during their presidency, the first president ever to be elected with the help of a foreign nation, the first ever to be impeached twice, the first ever to have a member of their own party vote for conviction in an impeachment trial, the first president ever to refuse to concede defeat, the first to be banned from social media, the first to refuse to ensure the peaceful transfer of power, the first president to have their home searched for official national security documents, the first president found liable of sexual abuse, defamation & business fraud, the first president criminally indicted (also the second, third and fourth), the first president with a mugshot, and the first president ever to be criminally convicted (once, twice, or 34 times).

He’s had the second worst record on jobs, he added the third most to our national debt, and the Presidential Greatness Project Expert Survey ranked his presidency as the worst.

Ever.

And as bad as ALL of that is, as awful and embarrassing as all of that **** is, what the melted circus peanut courtroom sleep-farter with the toadstool peen really doesn’t want us talking about, is the fact that he slurred like a demented, diapered, dentured old man who forgot to put his teeth in the other night, and that Kamala Harris is drawing much, much, MUCH bigger crowds than he ever has or ever could.

So, whatever you do — do not talk about those things.

He really, really won’t like it...

Okay. I won't talk about it.

Except on the Internet...and in letters to the Editor.

They don't count, right?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2024 07:01 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bb/15/07/bb1507b2f5e406c64baadb641817e043.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2024 07:25 am

https://i.postimg.cc/pdn0bZWM/Screenshot-20240819-091234-Facebook.jpg
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2024 05:08 pm

Watch without all the "news" commentary.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2024 10:26 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0c/19/cf/0c19cfdb47330474583bfe5ff4ec82b2.jpg
Builder

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2024 10:59 pm
@hingehead,
It already looks like a train wreck, but when you factor in lipstick and eyeliner, it gets even more drastic, I reckon.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 25 Aug, 2024 06:08 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/21/fd/5e/21fd5e7f630a112983352d46e0662467.jpg
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2024 03:20 am
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2024 10:24 am
@TheCobbler,
I certainly wish them all the luck needed!
0 Replies