bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Jun, 2024 07:28 pm
@hingehead,
.... but not soon enough.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2024 07:07 pm
A Powerful Right-Wing Activist Is Secretly Funding Attacks On Trans Rights
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/leonard-leo-transgender-rights-do-no-harm_n_6679bd3fe4b09762019914a8

Meet the next conservative who will probably be caught with a minor in a men's room his pants down.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2024 12:55 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Tommy Tuberville Opposes Contraception and All Other Polysyllabic Words

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Explaining his vote against birth control last week, Senator Tommy Tuberville said on Tuesday that he opposes contraception and all other words with more than one syllable.
“I saw that word ‘contraception’ and that was a quick ‘no’ vote for me,” the Alabama lawmaker said. “Don’t know what that means. Won’t look it up.”
Proud of his consistent opposition to polysyllabic words, Tuberville said, “Immigration. Education. Vaccination. No, no, no.”
The senator said, however, that he would continue supporting one-syllable words such as guns and oil.
Summarizing his position, he said, “Short words good. Long words bad.”

Is this for real?! Was it a joke? Whatever, it certainly goes along with this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=7550231871751790&set=a.102938196481232
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2024 01:09 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Is this for real?! Was it a joke?
The Borowitz Report The Borowitz Report is a site that posts news satire every weekday.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 01:57 pm
Quote:
Wisconsin Supreme Court will allow expanded use of ballot drop boxes this fall

The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday that officials can place ballot drop boxes around their communities in this fall’s elections,
overturning its own ruling two years ago limiting their use in the presidential swing state.

The court limited the use of drop boxes in July 2022, ruling then that they could be placed only in local election clerks’ offices and
no one other than the voter could return a ballot in person.

Conservatives controlled the court at that time, but Janet Protasiewicz’s election victory in April 2023 flipped the court to liberal
control. Seeing an opening, Priorities USA, a progressive voter mobilization group, asked the court in February to revisit the decision.
(cnn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2024 03:04 pm

thanx to coluber2001 for posting this elsewhere... bears repeatin'...

https://i.postimg.cc/mDJzcj0V/capture.jpg

#VoteBlueFFS

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2024 09:41 pm
Boebert roasted in congressional hearings

I feel she's culturally appropriated the misplaced confidence of mediocre white men

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2024 09:56 pm
@hingehead,
Mediocre? that's high praise when applied to Mango jebus.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2024 09:55 am

House fails to pass GOP resolution to fine AG Merrick Garland
(cnn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2024 08:34 am

2020 fake electors get tapped as GOP convention delegates
(cnn)
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2024 09:04 am
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a feisty kickoff to her presidential campaign, Vice President Kamala Harris on Monday challenged Donald J. Trump to walk down a ramp.

“The American people deserve a president who can walk down a ramp unassisted and without incident,” Harris said. “And so I put this challenge to Donald Trump: I will meet you anytime, anywhere, any ramp.”

Just minutes after Harris threw down the gauntlet, Trump responded with a note from his podiatrist, who asserted that a “Vietnam-era foot condition” would make walking down a ramp “an excruciating ordeal” for the former president.

Doubling down, Trump’s running mate J.D. Vance lambasted Harris’s ramp challenge, calling it “deeply offensive to every American man who, like President Trump, bravely avoided serving his country.”
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2024 09:16 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a feisty kickoff to her presidential campaign, Vice President Kamala Harris on Monday challenged Donald J. Trump to walk down a ramp.

“The American people deserve a president who can walk down a ramp unassisted and without incident,” Harris said. “And so I put this challenge to Donald Trump: I will meet you anytime, anywhere, any ramp.”

Just minutes after Harris threw down the gauntlet, Trump responded with a note from his podiatrist, who asserted that a “Vietnam-era foot condition” would make walking down a ramp “an excruciating ordeal” for the former president.

Doubling down, Trump’s running mate J.D. Vance lambasted Harris’s ramp challenge, calling it “deeply offensive to every American man who, like President Trump, bravely avoided serving his country.”

An ex-prosecutor and an ex-astronaut walk into the Oval Office, but before walking in, the ex-prosecutor wipes two pieces of **** off her shoe.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2024 03:20 pm

fuckin' pathetic... this reeks of desperation...

GOP Rep. introduces articles of impeachment against Kamala Harris —
though political stunt is bound to fail

(forbes)
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2024 01:53 pm
Trump GETS RUDE AWAKENING as KAMALA Goes NUCLEAR

The ballot box will save us from Trump!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2024 04:09 pm

https://i.postimg.cc/xdk2FTt4/capture.jpg

#VoteBlueFFS

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2024 01:00 pm
What about Beto O'Rourke for Kamala's VP?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2024 02:26 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

What about Beto O'Rourke for Kamala's VP?

I think that would be a bad idea.

If Beto were to write a book right now, it would be titled, "How To Lose An Election."

That is not a skill Kamala Harris should bring to her campaign.
hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2024 05:24 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1f/55/81/1f5581c384db9374143324d01fdc7e26.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2024 08:25 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b3/91/26/b3912646c55c996c36851105e3737247.jpg
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 31 Jul, 2024 08:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I think that would be a bad idea.

If Beto were to write a book right now, it would be titled, "How To Lose An Election."

That is not a skill Kamala Harris should bring to her campaign.

Would Trump's book be any better, "How I lost an incumbent presidential election"?
How I lost in court?
Didn't stop republicans from endorsing Trump again. Trump is a shill with no skill but he won once.
And did losing an election stop J.D. Vance from kissing his ring?
How well would Beto do the job of VP? Very well.
Beto has a ton of internet popularity and "love", huge recognition people know who he is.
And could Beto joining the election turn Texas blue? (that is a lot of electors)
Democrats would certainly vote for him.
And a Democrat losing an election in Texas, is that really so surprising?
Also, Beto has independent appeal.
Winning an election in a blue state does not really mean you would win in Texas? ...or even come close to Beto's "achievements" with red voters.

Greg Abbott Incumbent 4,437,099 54.8%
Beto O'Rourke 3,553,656 43.9

O’Rourke won in 19 counties across Texas, including the large population centers of Dallas, Harris, Travis and El Paso counties. He won fewer counties this year than he did in 2018 when he challenged U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz and won in 32 counties.