Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 06:29 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, here in the large city I live in in "America" we have a very mono ethnic culture... (cynical)

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 06:48 am
@TheCobbler,
I see you've not answered the question, just a vague statement about not living in a mono culture.

How many Kurds do you know?

You are incredibly ignorant of the ME.

I remember you writing in support of Assad and Putin because they were fighting IS.

Despite your assertions to the contrary, you have a fixed American mindset, when I try to tell you how things really are you gecome abusive. Your comments on burning witches and EU membership were tu quoque, and did not progress the argument at all.

This part of the World sees things very differently, they still remember the crusades, and despite your protestations the crusades have everything to do with America.

The crusades weren't an attack on the ME by a country or a region, they were an attack by a religion. They were an attack by Christendom, ( you may want to look that word up,) and America is very much a part of Christendom today.

In fact it could be argued that due to America's religiosity it is a far greater representative of Christendom than the whole of Europe.

Your ideas are unrealistic, it will never hzppen. The Kurds will never launch an attack on Assad to help Ukraine out after veing beteayed by America.

When was the last time you spoke to a Kurd about this?

I suspect you never have, well I ralk tomy Kurdish friends a lot, and they don't see the differences between administrations that you want them to see. As far as they are concerned they were betrayed by AMERICA.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 08:10 am
@izzythepush,
As for witch trials, they were more common in mainland Europe until James VI of Scotland became James I of England.

He was obsessed with witches and witch trials increased during his reign and peaked during the Civil War.

After the restoration of Charles II in 1660 witch trials went into decline.

However, they continued in America, the Salem witch trials were in 1690.

The 1735 Witchcraft Act ended witch trials over here.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 09:00 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
As for witch trials, they were more common in mainland Europe until James VI of Scotland became James I of England.
The persecution of witches in the Duchy of Westphalia, which belonged to the Electorate of Cologne, took place in several waves between the late 16th century and 1728. The region was one of the focal points of persecution in the Holy Roman Empire[1] and thus in Europe in the 17th century.

In my native town (one of the towns within the Duchy of Westphalia and nicknamed Hexengeseke [["witchtown Geseke"]) the persecution of witches extended over the years 1604 to 1712. In three chains of trials from 1618/19, 1670/71 and 1691, a total of 54 accusations were made. 32 people were executed (14 women, 16 men and children).
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 09:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
There is a very good BBC comedy series called The Witchfinder starring Daisy May Cooper and Tim Key.

It's set during the English Civil War and only came out this year.

While we're talking about TV programmes, have you seen Dark?

It's a German language drama on Netflix, it's very good.

I'm currently half way through season 2.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 10:00 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
While we're talking about TV programmes, have you seen Dark?.
No, only heard of it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 10:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's very good, kept me guessing all the way so far.

My dil has already seen it, and she doesn't seem very impressed with my reasoning.

It's very confusing, a lot of characters are played by two or three actors depending on the time period and whether they're children, adults or elderly.

The acting is first eate.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 02:43 pm
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 15 May, 2022 05:26 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I remember you writing in support of Assad and Putin because they were fighting IS.

I have never ever been in support of Putin...

I hate the idea of monarchies and second class citizens (caste systems)(fascism).

I was not in support of Putin, I was against creating an Islamic rebel army to rid Syria of Putin and Assad. Had Putin not engaged in the war I might have considered a small rebel force fighting along side Iraqis and other democratically minded NATO factions.

A rebel army that would be made up of mostly religious Islamic zealots?
We tried creating an army with Bin Laden and look how that turned out.

I was for fighting against ISIS but not fighting against Putin and Assad via heavily arming Muslims. I was also in favor of supporting the Kurds but only to a degree. To fight ISIS. Now that Putin's army is demolished and fleeing, like cockroaches, a moderately supplied rebel army might be worthwhile.

I did not see that the Syrians had the will to defend their own country and giving a war force our weapons and technology such as we are doing with Ukraine to Islamic zealots I did not and still do not support such an effort.

The Afghanistan army imploded at the first chance... Where there is no will to fight there is only folly.

...and let's not forget how Russia secretly offered Afghan militants bounties to kill U.S. soldiers....

I want to see Putin humiliated and much worse...

I can recall that the Revolutionary War was still recent history when "America" came to fight and die to protect Great Britain from Hitler's fascism.

Pick your battles wisely...
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 02:16 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I can recall that the Revolutionary War was still recent history when "America" came to fight and die to protect Great Britain from Hitler's fascism.

Pick your battles wisely...

You should take your own advice.

Not only do you fail to understand the mindset in the ME you don't understand history.

It's not a lack of will that caused the FSA to lose to Assad.

The Crusades are recent h8story in the ME not over here.

And the war where you betrayed us to the French and tried to have us exterminated wasn't recent memory when WW2 broke out.

Hitler would never have become the threat he was had he not been financed by Americans like Henry Ford, who gave all the profits from his car sales in Germany to the Nazis.

And Lindberg was very good at banging the drum for Hitler, your Republican party certainlymadmired him.

You didn't enter WW2 to fight and die to protect Great Britain. If that was the case you would have entered much sooner, during the battle of Britain, the summer of 1940, when Britain stood alone against the Nazis.

You waited until the arse end of 1941, after the Soviet Union had entered the War. And any Hitorian will tell you that the Soviets made the biggest contribution to fighting the Nazis.

D day would have failed had all those soldiers on the Eastern front been in France instead.

America never declared war on Nzi Germany, Nazi Germany declared war on America after Pearl Harbor.

And Britain declared war on Japan before the Americans too.

You fought Hitler because you knew that if he won in Germany America would be next.

Before you spout your ignorant, uninformed nonsense, try reading a book.

You idea of a second front in Syria will never happen.

And you did support Putin when he was fighting IS, but admitting such would necessitate having a backbone.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 02:27 am
@izzythepush,
As for picking battles, that's all down to you.

I merely said your ideas on Syria were unrealistic and they are.

I said why they were unrealistic and you have failed to counter any of the points raised.

Instead you do what you always do, and start a battle because your ego will not allow you to admit ever being wrong. Instead of talking about my points you become xenophobic, we go through WW2, the American Revolution and why we should be so glad to have American bases on our soil launching attacks on Tripoli without any say from our parliament, and killing our citizens like Harry Dunn.

You made this battle, and you're losing it because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Have you ever spoken to a Kurd?

A simple yes/no will suffice.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 16 May, 2022 09:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy is on ignore again...
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 01:19 am
@TheCobbler,
So you've never spoken to a Kurd.

Your idea will never happen.
Builder

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 02:18 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You should take your own advice.

Why? You never do.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 05:53 am
@izzythepush,
This is my kurdish barbers.

https://cdn.tonzo.com/uk/bizimages/thumb/kovan-and-ramos-gentlemens-barber-image-dda0ef.jpg

And these are the men themselves.

https://cdn.tonzo.com/uk/bizimages/thumb/kovan-and-ramos-gentlemens-barber-image-6ceb87.jpg

I have now moved about three miles away, there are lots of other barbers a lot nearer, but I always go to Kovan and Ramos because they're family.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 07:03 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
What you don't know, is that it hasn't killed as many as usually die from CVD, which apparently got "cured" by covid.

I've had the alpha strain. And the delta strain hit me for five hours, because my immune system kicked it to the curb.

I'll trust the CDC figure over the ones you pull off of fourchan any day..

But pretending you're right, that's a ******* selfish ******* equation. You survived, screw everybody else. You are far beyond contempt.

I got Covid Thanksgiving week 2019 and spent almost two weeks with an"unidentified Rhinovirus. I was the first on in. By the time I left the whole corridor was marked 'contagious' - there were more than 50 new cases.

I still got vaxxed as soon as I could, the first booster as soon as I could and as soon as the second is offered by VA, I will take it, too.

What pisses me off is the damage you fellow braindamaged antivaxxer low quality, low quanty mouth breathers is you think willful stupidity isthe height Libertarian "freedom fighting".

What it did my town was jam the hospitals, like the rest of Texas with unvaxxed assholes. There was a point where just to get to triage took nine ******* hours. NINE ******* HOURS. And there were WEEKS of no beds open.

Your little pals should be charged with manslaughter. You are beneath contempt.

I finally got my cataract surgery that your unvaxxed asshole friends delayed for me for a year and a half. And it's still not over, because instead of getting the second eye done in a month - it'll be two and a half months -tentatively - before I get the second.

You have no idea of what contempt I have for you and half baked group of mouth breathers.

What you idiots don't get - The powers that want to be will do to you what Hitler did once he got in power - in one night Hitler had the 30% of the party who were the SA (Brownshirts) murdered or imprisoned - that 30% tomorrow will be you knuckle dragging Libertarians.

I hope you get to regret your stupidity.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 07:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy - The US has brought thousands of Kurds to the US, and the NYC has a large, vibrant Kurdish community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdish_Americans

https://kurdishcommunity.org/about-us

https://www.meetup.com/topics/kurdish/us/ny/new_york/

And just in case I get to have an ale with you in NYC meetup, if you ever get there, and need a cut- https://kurdishbarberstraditional.business.site/

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 17 May, 2022 08:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/05/13/us/covid-deaths-us-one-million.html

If the moron hadn't gotten himself a vacation he could learn from this.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 12:13 am
@bobsal u1553115,
That doesn't change the fact that Trump stabbed those left in the ME in the back.

And Cobbler clearly hasn't spoken to any of the thousands of Kurds brought to the US.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 18 May, 2022 06:29 am
@izzythepush,
He's in NYC. He's interacted with Kurdis every day. Knowingly or not.

In that you and I have no grief, I'll leave you two at it. You both are on my top10 list.