Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 02:03 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Notice the lack of compassion for the victims and general inhumanity.

At the time that I wrote that, it wasn't even clear who the victims were.

It does appear now that the shooter was mentally ill. So that clears things up a bit.

The US doesn't provide much care for people with mental illness, and sometimes that backfires on us.

izzythepush wrote:
The NRA murders more people

The NRA has never murdered anyone.

izzythepush wrote:
and Oralloy attacks Democrats for general decency.

The left is horrifyingly indecent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 02:04 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
People like that don't get it until they or their families suffer the same kind of tragedy. I doubt Oralloy would even get it then.

Not at all. I understand that the way our nation fails to care for the mentally ill will lead to incidents like this.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 02:05 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What the **** is "virtue signalling" supposed to mean anyway?

It's when people make a lot of noise about "how much they care" about a cause when they don't care about the cause at all. They are just crafting a social image of themselves as "someone who believes the right things".

izzythepush wrote:
They just want to vilify people for feeling sympathy for victims of crime, it's disgusting and completely inhuman.

Progressives don't feel any sympathy for any of these victims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 02:31 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
It comes from the same fucked-up right-wing sick thinking that said being offensive is just not "politically correct".

The term "virtue signaling" was coined by a British opinion writer.

While I don't know much about the author's politics, I do not notice many right-wing qualities in these two articles.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/easy-virtue

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/i-invented-virtue-signalling-now-it-s-taking-over-the-world
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 02:35 pm
@oralloy,
James Bartholomew
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 03:29 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
He sounds a bit like a populist.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 04:20 pm
@izzythepush,
You're an idiot

Senate Finds Russian Bots, Bucks Helped Push Brexit Vote Through
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/19/686830510/senate-finds-russian-bots-bucks-helped-push-brexit-vote-through

2015 September 26–27
In October, Udod arranges a November lunch for Wigmore, British businessman Arron Banks, and the Russian ambassador to London, Alexander Yakovenko.[6][7][8]

24 October 2015, Arron Banks sends an email to Steve Bannon and others to request help from Cambridge Analytica,

I am sure they talked about the weather in the UK. Foggy I hear.

Guess who can't admit when they are wrong?

‘No One’ Protected British Democracy From Russia, U.K. Report Concludes
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/world/europe/uk-russia-report-brexit-interference.html

Excerpt:
LONDON — Russia has mounted a prolonged, sophisticated campaign to undermine Britain’s democracy and corrupt its politics, while successive British governments have looked the other way, according to a long-delayed report released on Tuesday by a British parliamentary committee.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 04:31 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
I am sure they talked about the weather in the UK. Foggy I hear.

Guess who can't admit when they are wrong?

You can’t. Your references are outdated and rely on stereotypes.

England is not especially foggy, London is not especially foggy. The celebrated London fog was a result of pollution. When the heavy industry moved out so did the fog.

That is typical of your posts, lazy, uninformed and reliant upon stereotypes.

You have brought nothing new. Nobody is denying the Russians were trying to influence the referendum. Putin doesn’t have the influence you claim, not compared to the tabloid press, a point I keep raising and you keep running away from.

It’s like you’re on some sort of mission to prove you’re a bloody idiot, which would not be the case if you had the balls to admit you let your imagination run away with you.

Your claims are like the London fog, non bloody existent.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 04:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Did you read the last one from 2020 the New York Times?

“The outrage isn’t if there is interference,” said Kevan Jones, a Labour Party member of Parliament who served on the intelligence committee that released the report. “The outrage is no one wanted to know if there was interference.”

No one wanted to know... Sound familiar?

Wooden horse anyone?

These people, the report said, “played a role, wittingly or unwittingly, in the extension of Russian influence which is often linked to promoting the nefarious interests of the Russian state.”

Several members of the House of Lords, the report said, had business interests linked to Russia or worked for companies with Russian ties. It urged an investigation of them, though it did not name any names. That information, as well as the names of politicians who received donations, was redacted from the public report, along with other sensitive intelligence.

“The most disturbing thing is the recognition of what the Russian government has gotten away, under our eyes,” said William F. Browder, an American-born British financier who has worked extensively in Russia and provided evidence to the committee. “The government, and particularly law enforcement, has been toothless.”

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 04:36 pm
@TheCobbler,
Why do you think London is foggy?

You haven’t brought anything new. If you want to blame a single player for Brexit blame the tabloid press. Putin was a bit player at best.

Now instead of living in a fantasy world where Putin has more influence than he really has why not concentrate on the **** he’s actually doing, right now, like poisoning and locking up Navalny and creating his own mini state.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 04:57 pm
@izzythepush,
You are talking but not giving any evidence.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/174EF/production/_102717459_voteleaveboris-nc.png

Really?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/af/fd/ca/affdcaeceff32ad8d4978f3db2705dbb.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Tw0WCjuv_rWulkEwjC7lsSXQea-YIuQTXzOK_y3zTp_CVwpyW1HGoa_XxYDKpR9VQ7h6oDrlhQspQ6hNFwgQjEWZiYz6z9lNzjtC-WemMBfY80v1NfMDVhp-UVBKy9KMZFha

https://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/brexit_0.jpg

Comment:
I wonder who paid for these memes and thousands more to be flashed in front of the eyes of every UK citizen, months and months before the vote?

I wonder who paid for the vote to happen in the first place?

I wonder who used Syrian refugees and immigrants to drive a wedge between UK citizens and the EU?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPNblpEnQr0kAYnScGlE0M23KmTpZLKEapEw&usqp=CAU

Putin's brainchild...

Even Wisconsin got these kinds of "Russian" memes in their breakfast social feed...
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150807112011-debate-gfx-walker-super-169.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Di0MEwzVAAEDjKr.jpg

Comment:
But the UK was not worth Russia's time. (cynical)
Tai Chi

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:05 pm
Tai Chi wrote:

oralloy wrote:

It just occurred to me that I'm jumping to conclusions here in assuming that the headlines are correct.

It may well turn out to be a case of someone shooting up a grocery store, but for all I know this could be a person justifiably defending themselves from a pack of BLM thugs.

I hit reply by accident I was so appalled. I thought we were going to get a break from you while you played computer games or something in your basement. Or was that a <gasp> LIE ?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:13 pm
@TheCobbler,
What are you doing, printing election material from the leave campaign that has nothing to do with Putin? Your “evidence” is bullshit but you’re not smart enough to see that. It’s a shame because your heart is in the right place but your inability to admit to being wrong makes you look stupid. You are not doing yourself any favours.

UKIP was founded on the 3rd September 1993. At that time Putin worked for the mayor of St Petersburg. Brexit was not his brainchild, he had **** all to do with it.

That’s evidence, real evidence, as opposed to the mountains of bullshit you keep posting.

Too terrified to admit to being wrong, or to address the influence of the British tabloid press, you just look stupid and weak.

Stop it now, you lost the argument a very long time ago. You just look stupid. This is Republicanism all over again.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:14 pm
@Tai Chi,
Why would I play games in my basement?? It's cold and damp down there. But anyway, prepatch for Classic Burning Crusade hasn't dropped yet. When it does drop, I'll be playing aboveground.

Why are you appalled that I didn't want to jump to conclusions? It is always advisable to wait until you know the facts before commenting about something.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:19 pm
@izzythepush,
No, you look stupid with your head in the sand listening to racist's scare you away from your allies and into the traps of your enemies.

As long as the EU has existed there was the specter of leaving it...

It was Putin's brainchild to start an active campaign to make it happen through social media and fake news.

You know Izzy, we have millions of Americans who believe Trump won the 2020 election too. The FBI tells us this is also due to Russian money.

How does it feel to be compared to a Trump voter?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:40 pm
Judge Blocked Boulder’s Assault Weapons Ban Just Days Before Deadly Shooting
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/boulder-assault-weapons-ban-shooting_n_6059fa75c5b6cebf58d1ea4f

Comment:
Due to the shooter, the ban is likely be put firmly in place now. "republicans weakening the 2nd amendment".

You know it is more and more difficult to distinguish any terrorists from homegrown republican terrorists. They are all paranoid crazies.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:56 pm
@TheCobbler,
Huffington Post wrote:
Judge Blocked Boulder’s Assault Weapons Ban Just Days Before Deadly Shooting

Bogus headline. The law in question had nothing to do with assault weapons, which were federally restricted 35 years ago.

TheCobbler wrote:
Due to the shooter, the ban is likely be put firmly in place now.

Little chance of that.

TheCobbler wrote:
"republicans weakening the 2nd amendment".

The Second Amendment is fine, and you've yet to establish that the shooter was a Republican.

TheCobbler wrote:
You know it is more and more difficult to distinguish any terrorists from homegrown republican terrorists. They are all paranoid crazies.

It was the progressives who were cheering for the terrorists on the morning of 9/11.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 06:19 pm
@oralloy,
It is republicans who try and subvert the will of the people with fake news, force and voter disenfranchisement...

Oralloy wrote:
It was the progressives who were cheering for the terrorists on the morning of 9/11.

You must repeat that Russian propaganda enough to yourself until you firmly believe it...
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 06:23 pm
@TheCobbler,
I know progressives dislike facts and reality, but no. Facts and reality are not propaganda.

The only party here with a history of disenfranchising voters is the Democratic Party.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 07:43 pm
@izzythepush,
So I'm lazy?

izzythepush wrote:
That is typical of your posts, lazy, uninformed and reliant upon stereotypes.

The conservatives in the UK have just replace one pollutant fog with another fog...

It is still fog, allegorically. But missing the point seems to be your forte.

The UK is an island in the Atlantic ocean. Of course there is fog...

Is London the foggiest place in the world? No.

The allegory of people polluting themselves to death over racist fears certainly fits...

Who is the stereotype here defending a race motivated action of hate?

You.