Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 12:05 pm
Dominion voting machine firm sues Giuliani for more than $1.3 billion
Quote:
Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit Monday seeking more than $1.3 billion from Rudolph W. Giuliani, the lawyer for former president Donald Trump who played a key role in promoting the falsehood that the 2020 election was rigged.

>The 107-page complaint<, filed in federal court in D.C., cites dozens of statements Giuliani made about Dominion — on Twitter, in appearances on conservative media shows and on his own podcast — to promote the “false preconceived narrative” that the election was stolen from Trump.

That “Big Lie” not only damaged Dominion’s reputation and business and led to death threats against its employees, but also laid the groundwork for hundreds of people to storm the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, the complaint says. Five people died as a result of the attack, and dozens of law enforcement officials were injured.
[...]
Thomas Clare, a lawyer representing Dominion, said during a news conference Monday that the company is eager for courts to hear and adjudicate its claims — and not only so it can win financial compensation. “It’s also important that this be done in public — that we have a trial on these issues, and that these false allegations are disproven once and for all for the American public to see so they can have faith in their election systems.”
[...]
Dominion’s lawsuit against Giuliani comes in the wake of a similar complaint it filed in the same court earlier this month against Powell, also seeking more than $1.3 billion. Powell’s lawyer has said that the lawsuit is an attempt to censor free speech.
[...]
The two lawyers may be only the first of many to face lawsuits from Dominion. The company has sent retraction and preservation letters, often precursors to litigation, to more than 150 individuals and businesses, including conservative media outlets that amplified false claims of election fraud.

Asked whether Dominion plans to sue Trump, Clare said that the company has not ruled anybody out.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 12:42 pm

Justice Dept watchdog investigating possible attempt to overturn election results
(cnn)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 02:29 pm
Hey you guys...
It’s a lot more interesting IMO if you actually share some of what you think about the news items you C&P.

I have a dozen places to read current events.

I come here to get others’ perspectives.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 03:28 pm
@snood,
I agree, but there are a number of under-informed people who post here who only have OAN, Qanon, their fellow dimwits, and of course Fox News as their sources. Who knows, perhaps they might actually read what you or some of the other more broadly informed people write/offer and maybe just maybe just maybe the lesser lights will become curious about the truth of these writings. I know it's a little pie in the sky thinking on my part, and I'll admit I have a serious flaw when it comes to thinking that 'if you just provide all the information' people will begin to understand the situation. My point of view has lately made me despair for the future of this country, but I still have hope that we will not go down the tubes in a ridiculous battle between the Regressive Hate puppets and everyone else.
snood

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 04:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Pie, cake, and strudel in the sky.😀 No, I believe anyone who’s attached their wagon to Donald Trump and kept it attached through all his lowlife wallowing is a person that can’t be reasoned with.

My brother in law is one of those people who thinks ANYONE can be talked to - that common ground can be found with ANYONE. He is a wonderful person, but I just can’t get there.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 05:08 pm

Trump's "very fine people".

Nearly every single felonious vote doesn't count.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 09:21 pm
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/143278413_10224167417397180_4214708147560644322_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=_KBdu1Qy2aYAX-ngSzU&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=696821fa7ffcd4924bce3f2bf7312fd5&oe=6035D021
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 09:23 pm
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/143233785_4048116721893423_5889045277198793838_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Loasl-UTQJgAX-nP2VJ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=18b73aed7ac078d7c3742c031e87431b&oe=603704E4
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 09:25 pm
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/143207971_4751154238310926_286416468916804855_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=W2GqQQExLIMAX_obSil&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=64896e9de9946a4b346be4efee7466ad&oe=60353099
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 09:27 pm
Arrest Of Yet Another Epstein Pimp Could Present Big Legal Problems For Donald Trump
https://new.deepleftfield.info/arrest-of-yet-another-epstein-pimp-could-present-big-legal-problems-for-donald-trump/

We found QAnon's pedophiles! I am sure they will be happy!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 10:54 pm
For all the crocodile tears about the Pipeline. Here are the facts.... The Keystone Pipeline was being built to ship shale oil from Canada to The Gulf Of Mexico to be shipped to China. Shale oil is the sludge of the oil commodities market. American refineries do not want to process, and refine it when there is brent crude available. Building the pipeline will take 2,000 workers two years to build. After that, there will be 35 permanent jobs manning the pumping stations, and checking for, and repairing leaks.
That oil is already being shipped. How? By truckers, and railroad workers, keeping them employed, along with the truck stop workers, mechanics, motel workers, restaurant workers, filling station workers, etc. who man the trucking networks. The pipeline would cut out the need for thousands of truck drivers, and the other workers I mentioned in the trucking network.
The pipeline also crosses the largest aquafer in the United States, and if a break occurs at that point, drinking water for thousands of miles will be undrinkable. You talk about 5 dollars a gallon for gas? How about 30 dollars a gallon for water?
The pipeline serves one purpose, and one alone. That is to increase profits for the oil companies. It will eliminate thousands of jobs in doing so, but it is made to look as if killing the pipeline will kill jobs. Think about it critically. It is a corporate lie. Not to mention the sacred land that belongs to indigenous people who the white man has broken so many treaties with & used for their advantage, not the native Americans.
Corporate lies is what’s being used to gain leverage in social media ranks but the truth is the truth. Believe what you want folks because those who do will & those who don’t truly believe corporations are people will see though the lies.
oralloy

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 04:48 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
For all the crocodile tears about the Pipeline. Here are the facts.... The Keystone Pipeline was being built to ship shale oil from Canada to The Gulf Of Mexico to be shipped to China.

The global market will direct the oil so that it is used most efficiently. If that is China, so be it.

Misdirecting fuel so that it is used less efficiently increases waste and greenhouse emissions.

TheCobbler wrote:
Shale oil is the sludge of the oil commodities market. American refineries do not want to process, and refine it when there is brent crude available.

That is incorrect. We have a number of refineries in the south that are specifically designed for processing heavy thick sludge.

TheCobbler wrote:
That oil is already being shipped. How? By truckers, and railroad workers, keeping them employed, along with the truck stop workers, mechanics, motel workers, restaurant workers, filling station workers, etc. who man the trucking networks. The pipeline would cut out the need for thousands of truck drivers, and the other workers I mentioned in the trucking network.

True. But shipping the oil by rail is more wasteful and produces more greenhouse gasses.

And instead of bringing all that cheap oil to the global market to be delivered where it is most useful, it instead brings the oil to midwest refineries.

I'm not complaining. Dumping tons of cheap oil on midwest refineries makes for cheaper gas prices in Michigan.

But let's not pretend that delaying the construction of the pipeline is doing anything good for the environment.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 05:57 am

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell banned from Twitter
(cnn)

https://iili.io/ffPa4a.gif
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 02:19 pm
Despite "strong potential for violence" the force did not adequately prepare for a "terrorist attack" the acting chief of the US Capitol Police said and apologised to Congress for not having done enough to prepare for the pro-Trump riot.
And the DC National Guard Chief testifies that the Pentagon restricted a quick response to the Capitol attack.

At least it's in the books now.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 10:45 pm
@oralloy,
The problem is not clean oil or dirty oil it is oil itself.

And the problem with using rail to transport oil is that our rails still depend on fossil fuels to operate.

We depend on oil for transportation because republicans take bribes from oil companies and vote enmasse against environmentally friendly, cheaper, more efficient alternatives.

Oil companies look only towards the short term profits instead of the long term damage to our environment.

They would damage a pristine Alaskan refuge for a few barrels of oil and do we need a pipeline for sludge from Alaska now too?

Republicans have no honor and there are no long-term jobs here in this dirty oil... Just kickbacks to line greedy and unscrupulous pockets.

The damage to wildlife and our I environment is irreversible.

Oralloy wrote:
Misdirecting fuel so that it is used less efficiently increases waste and greenhouse emissions.

BINGO!

Misdirecting technology for profit so oil is used instead of cheaper, clean energy is criminal.

What are the ecological risks of a pipeline and extending the use of dirty fuels?

The risks far outweigh any possible benefits whatsoever.

Especially when there are clean alternatives that can also employ Americans, though, republicans may not get rich off the, "misdirection".
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 11:15 pm
Biden orders DOJ to end private prison contracts as part of racial equity push
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/26/biden-to-announce-racial-equity-plan-and-sign-executive-actions.html

Comment:
Republican crooks belong in a real federal prison.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2021 11:52 pm
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/143023790_4009393529073213_2611797920102186545_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Uk0chXeBXcYAX9Tp8ps&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=fad3bf50472f8017cddfaa7dc7265cb0&oe=60372767
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 12:04 am
Earth is now losing 1.2 trillion tons of ice each year. And it’s going to get worse.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/01/25/ice-melt-quickens-greenland-glaciers/

Comment
So let's build an oil pipeline... (cynical)
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2021 01:13 am
Gay Trump supporter brags about attending Capitol riot on social media, gets arrested by FBI
https://www.queerty.com/gay-trump-supporter-brags-attending-capitol-riot-social-media-gets-arrested-fbi-20210126

Comment:
This "former liberal" will be right at home in federal prison.

Winning the ballot box one vote at a time...
0 Replies