Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:47 am

https://i.imgur.com/Az6ryYx.jpg
oralloy

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:52 am
@Region Philbis,
It's typical of progressives to blame other people for deaths that they themselves are responsible for causing.

(I assume that this Kennedy guy is a progressive. But if I'm wrong about that, note that I don't really keep track of all the various Kennedys.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:55 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:
Literally no other administration in history has used the DOJ to spy on and sabotage a political rival before Barack Osama came along.

JFK and LBJ did it. That's why the Democrats' subsequent persecution of President Nixon was so hypocritical.
snood

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 08:27 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Ah Snood, there goes the month out the window.

Up to you buddy, keep on feeding.

https://sites.nd.edu/manuscript-studies/files/2020/03/trump-feeding-trolls-e1584993780991-300x230.png

Not sure I understood that last post of yours. There goes the month? Up to me?
I just want expressed an opinion about what I thought is a more realistic “no trolls” period, to start (a good idea, by the way ).
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 09:18 am
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/97996821_3790642467695446_7501610735554789376_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aAzSd2iyVq4AX8IyuIj&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=60dbea34eda49f922cf06196a7b10b38&oe=5EE5F416

Whose the one whitesplaining?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 09:22 am
Seizing opportunity, DeVos directs coronavirus funds to private schools
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/seizing-opportunity-devos-directs-coronavirus-funds-private-schools-n1207791
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 09:31 am
Walmart Billionaire Christy Walton Among Biggest Donors To Anti-Trump Republican Group Facing Trump’s Ire
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinstoller/2020/05/05/walmart-billionaire-christy-walton-among-biggest-donors-to-anti-trump-republican-group-facing-trumps-ire/

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 09:50 am
Biden commits: No pardon for Trump after the election
If Trump loses in November and is indicted after leaving office, he apparently shouldn't call the Oval Office looking for a favor.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/biden-commits-no-pardon-trump-after-election-n1207736

Mitt Romney calls Trump's IG firings 'a threat to accountable democracy'
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/politics/mitt-romney-trump-inspector-general-firing/index.html

Trump donor's private jet company reportedly gets $27 million bailout — the largest of any other private jet company
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-donor-private-jet-company-clay-lacy-27-million-bailout-2020-5
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:20 am
Arizona may jail Jacob Wohl, the right-wing fraudster who accused Democrats of sexual assault
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2020/05/arizonas-attorney-general-is-coming-after-the-right-wing-fraudster-who-accused-buttigieg-warren-and-dr-fauci-of-sexual-assault/

Another potential republican voter in jail.

No guns allowed where he is going...
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:20 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
FreedomEyeLove wrote:
Literally no other administration in history has used the DOJ to spy on and sabotage a political rival before Barack Osama came along.

JFK and LBJ did it. That's why the Democrats' subsequent persecution of President Nixon was so hypocritical.

What I meant was after Vietnam. Barack Osama did it the dirtiest though, because he used the race card to get away with it. Nobody is allowed to criticize him! Especially not the press. Those who do all get called "ists".

That's why we have all these ******* retarded democrats flapping sass from their mouths.

What a bunch of dumb ******* retarded retards.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:27 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
It's really refreshing how you can express your criticism in such kind words - all without insult and really convincing at first sight.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
It's really refreshing how you can express your criticism in such kind words - all without insult and really convincing at first sight.

I learned from TheCobbler.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:50 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
It can learn Spock!
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:58 am
@snood,
I was kidding Snood.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:14 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:
Barack Osama did it the dirtiest though, because he used the race card to get away with it. Nobody is allowed to criticize him! Especially not the press. Those who do all get called "ists".

No one pays attention to progressives anymore when they falsely accuse everyone of racism and misogyny.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

This is a reasonable and calmly stated critique of an offensive post.

If you remove the sarcasm, it would read like this:
Quote:

You express your criticism in unkind words. It is insulting and makes it difficult to search for meaningful content in your post.

Your sarcasm wasn't that offensive, but I wonder if you are comfortable posting in a sincere tone as well, or if you default to sarcasm as a reaction to the offensive language and level of hostility in the post you're responding to.

Anyway, sorry if I sound nitpicky mentioning sarcasm, but a sarcastic tone can result in further provocation when a person is using vulgarity, so you might consider using a sincere tone so that they might listen to what you're trying to tell them instead of just shooting off with more profanity in reaction to the sarcasm.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:39 am
@livinglava,
My post wasn't addressed to you.
But thanks that you take care of the members here and try to change my writing/thinking!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:42 am
Former Kushner employee writes scathing critique of Boy Blunder's COVID-19 response

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/5/9/1943873/-Former-Kushner-employee-writes-scathing-critique-of-Kushner-s-COVID-19-response

Elizabeth Spiers, who now serves as chief executive of the Insurrection, a progressive digital messaging firm, once worked for Jared Kushner as editor-in-chief of the New York Observer, a newspaper Boy Kush purchased when he was a callow 25-year-old — much younger, though equally as naive and gormless, as the callow 39-year-old he is today.

Well, she just wrote a savage op-ed about Little Lord Fauntleroy’s response to the coronavirus crisis, and it’s well worth reading in full.

The upshot? Kushner’s actions with respect to his new, completely unearned role at the vanguard of the government’s response could make Dunning, Kruger, et al., vomit their insides with the pertinacity and fervor of a downed fire hydrant.

There are oh-so-many choice bits, and you simply have to read the whole thing, but here are a few excerpts to whet your appetite (for reading, of course; you may be off actual food for quite some time after digesting this):

In any normal administration, an adviser with Kushner’s string of failures would be fired, but Kushner, like his father-in-law, keeps crediting himself with imaginary successes. Most recently, he declared the administration’s coronavirus response “a great success story,” a mind-boggling assertion that raises the question of what, if anything, Kushner thinks failure looks like. He has also continued to bash the actual experts, disputing their assessments and implying that they, not he, are the amateurs, and he is here to clean up their mess.

And …

This is basically Kushner’s modus operandi, and it’s painfully familiar to me because he was my boss when I was the editor in chief of the New York Observer, which he had bought when he was 25. (I’ve written before about what he was like as a businessman.) One of the more memorable instances of this I witnessed was at a memorial service for a beloved longtime Observer staffer, Tyler Rush, who’d joined the paper well before Kushner bought it. When it came time for Kushner to say a few words, he launched into a supercilious monologue crediting himself with finally getting the paper published on time after what he described as chaos when he arrived. He also told an anecdote about Rush approaching him when he bought the paper to note that his staff was underpaid, which was true at the time, and true when I took the editor job years later. Kushner congratulated himself during the memorial for giving Rush and his production team the only raise that year because “unlike everyone else,” Rush hadn’t been lying to Kushner.

And …

Instead of doing what’s necessary to respond to the pandemic, the White House has chosen to punt and made noise about winding down its covid-19 task force, which under the circumstances is akin to dropping out of a marathon at mile 2.4 and expecting a medal for having made any effort at all. Now that he’s failed to get PPE and ventilators out quickly, Kushner has been tasked with accelerating vaccine development, another job for which he has no qualifications or expertise. The project has been named “Operation Warp Speed,” ostensibly a descriptor of its ambitions for getting a vaccine to market quickly. But if it proceeds the way Kushner’s shadow task force has so far, it may simply describe the velocity with which the task force’s efforts slam into logistical walls because the driver is an amateur who shouldn’t have the keys to begin with.

But, oh, there’s so much more. Hit this here click-nozzle to witness Boy Blunder’s viscera spilling out onto the abattoir floor.

Enjoy. That is, if Trump and Kushner haven’t already murdered or maimed you with their arrogant incompetence.

Comment:
But, But, But, Hunter Biden...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:51 am
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
Anyway, sorry if I sound nitpicky mentioning sarcasm, but a sarcastic tone can result in further provocation when a person is using vulgarity, so you might consider using a sincere tone so that they might listen to what you're trying to tell them instead of just shooting off with more profanity in reaction to the sarcasm.

Comment:
You openly defend a lying POS president and expect us to be painfully polite?

As long as you defend hypocrites and haters you deserve getting your words thrown right back in your face with as much vulgarity as is required to get you to STFU.

Us gays were lynched with you black folk back in the day and were considered unfit for the fields so we are immune to your whitie-tighty rhetoric.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 11:56 am
@TheCobbler,
That’s so typical of that sort, they’re don’t give a monkeys about swastika brandishing Nazi protesters, racist murders or the NRA shooting up schools, but be sarcastic and they burst a blood vessel.