Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 06:52 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You're utterly full of ****. You have demonstrated no knowledge of the constitution. You clearly don't know what fascism entails, so you must make childish insults and attempt to smear me for the fascism which I suspect is much closer to your hopes for right-wing government in the United States. Piss off.

I've not seen anyone point out untrue statements in Baldimo's posts. Neither have I seen any untrue statements in his posts myself. I have also not noticed him posting insults.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 06:53 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:
You have to admit that anti-Trumpism is relentless and uses anything and everything bad that happens against Trump because of the social-economic interests that he obstructs, e.g. global trade and human/drug trafficking.

Progressives also dislike that Mr. Trump won't let them violate our civil liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 06:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
neptuneblue wrote:
Lying and cheating is not honorable in any way.

That's why progressives are so dishonorable.

Their latest scam is to try in various ways to cheat their proposals onto the Michigan ballot this November because they can't get enough legitimate signatures.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/11/years-after-starting-signature-collection-anti-fracking-group-continues-legal-effort-to-get-on-michigan-ballot.html

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/group-trying-to-put-lgbt-initiative-on-michigan-ballots-turns-to-electronic-signatures.html

Proponents of the anti-abortion initiative were able to get enough signatures without cheating:

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/supporters-of-abortion-procedure-ban-in-michigan-submit-379418-signatures.html

I posted an update to this in a different thread because that is where the subject first came up, but that other thread seems to be kaput, so I may as well post updates here in an active thread.

The automakers are supporting progressives in their efforts to cheat their proposals onto Michigan's 2020 ballot by using fake "electronic" signatures:

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/michigan-automakers-support-campaign-to-ban-lgbtq-discrimination.html

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2020/04/15/fca-ford-gm-fair-equal-michigan/5138573002/

I'm sure all this progressive cheating will be challenged in court before this is all over. Progressives always think that they can just cheat their way to victory, but sometimes the courts don't let them get away with it. Look at the way the Supreme Court shut down Al Gore's cheating in 2000.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 07:10 pm
@oralloy,
Show me where the "cheating" has occurred and cite your reference.

"Fair and Equal Michigan is contracting with DocuSign to gather signatures. Voters can access the petition from the group’s website, where two-factor authentication is used to cross-reference peoples’ driver’s license or state ID number with their voter file."

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/michigan-automakers-support-campaign-to-ban-lgbtq-discrimination.html
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 07:57 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Show me where the "cheating" has occurred

Regarding the gay rights petition, signatures collected over the internet are vulnerable to all sorts of hacking.

I am highly skeptical that Mickey Mouse from Leningrad and Donald Duck from Moscow are really huge supporters of gay rights in Michigan. And I fully expect the left to try to count all the nonsense signatures from Russia as valid.

Notice how the anti-abortion people were able to get real proper signatures for their ballot initiative? Their measure is actually supported by a large number of people. The anti-abortion people don't need to resort to hacked electronic signatures.

Regarding the anti-fracking petition, the law says that people have to gather signatures within a limited time period. If there is wide support for a measure they will get enough signatures for their ballot.

The anti-fracking people have been gathering a slow trickle of signatures for years. That is quite different from what the law says.

Again notice the anti-abortion initiative. They got all their signatures within the required time period.

There's just something about "complying with the law" that progressives can never manage to get their heads around.

neptuneblue wrote:
and cite your reference.

Here is evidence that the gay rights people are gathering signatures electronically:

"'It's our view that electronic signatures used on a petition are legally valid,' said Steven Liedel, legal counsel to Fair and Equal Michigan."

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/group-trying-to-put-lgbt-initiative-on-michigan-ballots-turns-to-electronic-signatures.html

Here is evidence that the anti-fracking people did not gather signatures within the required window:

"The anti-fracking effort collected a little over 150,000 signatures of the 252,253 needed at the time during a 180-day window in an effort to make the 2016 ballot. Instead of starting from scratch or reigniting their attempt the next election cycle, the group kept going, collecting the needed amount by Nov. 5, 2018 - three years after they'd started."

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/11/years-after-starting-signature-collection-anti-fracking-group-continues-legal-effort-to-get-on-michigan-ballot.html

Here is evidence that the anti-abortion people actually submitted proper paper petitions within the required time period:

"Supporters of a proposal to ban dilation and evacuation, or D&E, abortions in Michigan say they turned in 379,418 petition signatures to the state Monday."

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/supporters-of-abortion-procedure-ban-in-michigan-submit-379418-signatures.html

Quote:
"Fair and Equal Michigan is contracting with DocuSign to gather signatures. Voters can access the petition from the group’s website, where two-factor authentication is used to cross-reference peoples’ driver’s license or state ID number with their voter file."

I bet 90% of the "internet signatures" come from a Russian IP address.

The last thing Michigan needs is to have Putin and the KGB imposing gay rights legislation on us.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 08:04 pm
@oralloy,
Since your a Russian asset, you would know about Russians screwing with our election.
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 08:19 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Since your a Russian asset, you would know about Russians screwing with our election.

I have nothing to do with Putin and the KGB trying to impose gay rights legislation on Michigan.

Neither do I have any other connection with Putin or the KGB (or any other intelligence agency for that matter).

And yes, I know that the KGB uses some other letters now. Something to do with a V as I recall, but I can never remember. My denial stands no matter what letters they use for their name.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 09:09 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Regarding the anti-fracking petition, the law says that people have to gather signatures within a limited time period. If there is wide support for a measure they will get enough signatures for their ballot.

The anti-fracking people have been gathering a slow trickle of signatures for years. That is quite different from what the law says.

Again notice the anti-abortion initiative. They got all their signatures within the required time period.

There's just something about "complying with the law" that progressives can never manage to get their heads around.

Another update on the ongoing cheating attempt:

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/group-wanting-ban-horizontal-fracking-takes-another-step-toward-getting-ballot
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:47 pm
@oralloy,
ballot initiatives are state-by-state, not national. The anti-fracking is for Michigan only. Other states of course could do one too, but it would only be for a state. I don't know of anybody trying a national one, or how you'd gather signatures or how many and where you'd have to gather them, and I've never heard of a federal lw rallp
owing one. An anti-abortion initiative woulkd also be by a particular state. Abortion is constitutional, according to SCOTUS, so a state petition would have no effect. It's as if someone tried to get signatures for an initiative to reinstate slavery. No matter how many signatures they got, it would not take effect even if the voters of that state were idiotic enough to pass it. Same with abortion. The only way they could do it would be to get three quarters of the state legislatures to pass an amendment nullifying abortion. Or get a majority of SCOTUS justices to rescind Roe v. Wade, in gross violation of the public will. Which is why Trump must be voted out, so his hideous packing of the federal courts must stop.
oralloy

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:52 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
ballot initiatives are state-by-state, not national. The anti-fracking is for Michigan only.

It's wrong for progressives to cheat to get their proposals onto Michigan's ballot.

MontereyJack wrote:
Other states of course could do one too, but it would only be for a state.

If other states want to let progressives cheat and break the rules, that's their business, but I'd advise them not to allow it.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:08 am
@oralloy,
The quThere is a wuesestion of time limits hasn't been decided. Tsed even though it is question, for example, if a state legislature votes for an amendment if that vote remains valid after the initial limit has eleapsed. There are cogent legal arguments that the Equal Rights Amendment for women should be passed ebecause the legislative approvals are still valid.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:08 am
https://www.whatfinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/IMG_1697-209x300.jpg
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:15 am
@coldjoint,
The more trump tries to turn the virus briefings into a campaign rally and a me-whine, the worse his poll numbers look. And given his weell-known harasser background, any of Biden's unproved transgressions may be, he's a piker compared to Trump's flagrante delicto.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:21 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The question of time limits hasn't been decided.

Michigan law says that people have 180 days to gather enough signatures to get their proposals on the Michigan ballot.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:23 am
@oralloy,
An anti-abortion initiative even if statewide is pretty certain to be unconstitutional so dead in the water no matter how many sigs it gets.
oralloy

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:24 am
@MontereyJack,
At least they followed proper procedures for getting their proposal on the ballot. Why can't progressives follow the rules too?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:51 am
@oralloy,
If Michigan is anything like the rest of the country, gay rights are supported by a large majority of its citizens.
oralloy

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:59 am
@MontereyJack,
I bet 90% of these "internet signatures" come from Russian IP addresses.

Why should Michigan let Putin and the KGB impose gay rights legislation on us?
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 01:23 am
@oralloy,
well thats pure speculation on your part, no evidence. And the little I could find in a quick search on gsy rights in MI would tend to cast doubt on it. MA kind of led y=the nation on gay rights. The Supreme Judicial Court ruwld the state constitution didn
t bar gay marriage so it was legal, well before the rest of the country followed suit. There were I think 9 state legislators who made a big stink about it. 8 of the 9 were voted out in the next state elections. That pretty well stopped pols opposing it. The Boston Globe did a poll shortly after, around 68% supported the SJC. The nation followed suit. Gay rights just is not a wedge issue for the gop anymore.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 01:26 am
@oralloy,
Those security measures sound like the ones banks and businesses use for security involving lots of money.