Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:12 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You're utterly full of ****.

Wrong again, I proved that you are full of **** and a fascit to boot, you would have made Mao or Marx very proud.

Quote:
You have demonstrated no knowledge of the constitution.

Says the guy who keeps deflecting to another subject instead of actually proving something instead of defaming someone.

Quote:
You clearly don't know what fascism entails,

Says the guy who reports people to the word authorities.

Quote:
so you must make childish insults and attempt to smear me for the fascism which I suspect is much closer to your hopes for right-wing government in the United States.

No childish insults, you've been calling me a liar and a racist for 15 years, it's all been a lie and I provided the proof. You purposefully misconstrued what I was saying and then had the post deleted so no one would know the actual truth of the discussion.

What do you actually think I would do with the US, deport all none white people, burn none Christians at the stake and put all LGBT people in concentration camps? If you think that, then you have bought the hype and haven't paid attention to anything at all, once again, the sign of a weak mind to be lead around by others so easily, to lie to yourself for all these years is pathetic. (I'm going to assume you are going to try and turn this one around, don't even try it, it's the same typical leftist game you've been playing for 15 years.)

I sense a lot of projection in your claims and your refusal to actually debate the subject is proof enough for me. You never did say what you think I got wrong about the Constitution, you just said I was wrong and then threw out the deflection about the 15 year old post out there to shield yourself.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 11:22 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
I proved that you are [...] a fascit to boot, you would have made Mao or Marx very proud.
If you look at Mao under sociological and philosophical terms, you might call him a "left fascist".
But Marx?
(Since Fascism has been considered as a far-right ideology, this new term was first used by sociologists Jürgen Habermas and Irving Louis Horowitz in the 1960's.)
Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
If you look at Mao under sociological and philosophical terms, you might call him a "left fascist".
But Marx?
(Since Fascism has been considered as a far-right ideology, this new term was first used by sociologists Jürgen Habermas and Irving Louis Horowitz in the 1960's.)

Who considers it to be a far right ideology?

Quote:
Merriam-Webster defines fascism as “a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.”

Wikipedia:
Quote:
Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

Who do we trust, Merriam Webster or Wikipedia? If you ask me, the only "fascist" thing about the US is our pride in being Americans, leftist like to try and make this a bad thing by trying to link pride of ones nation with with fascism. Do you know what an American looks like? It looks like the world, we come in different colors, shapes and sizes. Did you know my kids are of mixed race? How about your family, different colors or are you all pastey looking?
Quote:
pastey-being so white that you reflect light or temporarily blind people.

It's the above definitions that lead me to believe Set doesn't understand what fascism really is, as his views on the economy and other subjects seem to jive with fascism, a controlled economy and a controlled society.
livinglava

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:19 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Who do we trust, Merriam Webster or Wikipedia? If you ask me, the only "fascist" thing about the US is our pride in being Americans, leftist like to try and make this a bad thing by trying to link pride of ones nation with with fascism. Do you know what an American looks like? It looks like the world, we come in different colors, shapes and sizes. Did you know my kids are of mixed race? How about your family, different colors or are you all pastey looking?
Quote:
pastey-being so white that you reflect light or temporarily blind people.

It's the above definitions that lead me to believe Set doesn't understand what fascism really is, as his views on the economy and other subjects seem to jive with fascism, a controlled economy and a controlled society.

Corporate organizations often rely on mild/subtle fascist techniques of social control to manage employees. As a result, there is economic gain and it ends up being distributed unevenly among the people, so there are some people telling those who aren't making as much money that it's because they are being discriminated against for their race/gender/etc.

So that social-justice ideology leads people to think that they should be getting more of the economic benefits of the economy that is supported by corporate fascism in various ways, instead of thinking that they would like to reduce the corporate fascism and thus reduce the efficiency/productivity of the economy.

As Obama said early on, he was not a critic of capitalism; which he saw as an amazingly powerful and efficient engine for creating wealth He just wanted to expand it to include more people. What he didn't say was that if expanding capitalism to make more money for more people involved expanding fascism at the level of corporations/business/government/insurance/bureaucracy, that such fascism should just be accepted as a necessary evil.

So American fascism lies in the denial of fascism that happens at the level of corporations and organizations to make people more productive and efficient. We think that as long as we're getting compensated for it with good pay, fascism is tolerable. And because we do a lot of work to repress our emotional resistance to such fascism, we get irritated with people who criticize it instead of just accepting it silently.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Who considers it to be a far right ideology?
As you probably didn't notice, I used 'has' there = the sentence should be considered in the past tense.
I'm not a native English speaker. My intention was to make it claer that the term "left-fascism" was introduced by sociologists Jürgen Habermas and Irving Louis Horowitz in the 1960's to differ this movement (as they defined it) from fascism.

And fascism was before defined solely as a right wing political movement to the history of fascism.

Baldimo wrote:
It's the above definitions that lead me to believe Set doesn't understand what fascism really is,

I'd relied on your "perfect understanding of fascism".
I'd thought that this beyond being able to read a dictionary and an online encyclopaedia.

But how many of the 276 footnotes in the wikipedia report are wrong? What's wrong with the bibiography there? (I couldn't any in the online version of the M-W - might be in your print edition are some you trust.)
Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
But but the EU definition of fascism...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
But but the EU definition of fascism...
To which EU-institution are you referring here?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:40 pm
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz050420dAPC20200502074508.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
in the list of guns banned in Mr. Trudeau' s new bill. Tories were whining

the pollsters have been all over this. as a result of the new gun ban, following on Scheer's tone deaf responses re covid-19, conservative ratings have tanked, with people turning to the liberals. another joy of minority governments. things get done when you can pick and choose your allies for the situation. Still glad I didn't vote for him, thank goodness our riding had several good options. We're repped by a lovely young Liberal fellow, but glad I didn't have to vote for him.

http://angusreid.org/assault-weapons-ban/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservatives-polls-covid19-1.5548237

if it wasn't a stupid idea, now would be a great time for the liberals to call an election.

bit funny actually, the opposition parties technically hold the power and could easily call a non-confidence vote. the problem is, they'd all lose votes. tough place to be as an opposition leader. pull the trigger - because you disagree with what is happening, or not - because you're sliding in the polls.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:44 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Or, could it be a cold hearted attempt to effeminize Mr. Trudeau because he placed gun restrictions in his country?

that'd be his standard approach, much along the lines of a couple of other posters

suggesting there is something wrong with a man by suggesting he might be effiminate

whatever. they are dinosaurs
coldjoint

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:48 pm
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/sbr043020dBP20200430034506.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 12:49 pm
Thank you, it just came to me, as those things so often do.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 01:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Thank you, it just came to me, as those things so often do.

Things tend to circle in the toilet. You are bound to grab something if you try.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Things tend to circle..

So that's how you find your info. Hope you remember to wash your hands after the grab....

...or do you plop your head in? (which would account for Why your slop sounds like crap)
Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 01:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

that'd be his standard approach, much along the lines of a couple of other posters

suggesting there is something wrong with a man by suggesting he might be effiminate

whatever. they are dinosaurs

This is your reply after there was already a post made explaining it was typo? Yeah, not much bias here at all.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 02:45 pm
Some of our more intelligent posters made an appearance on the Delbert comic strip Sunday.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 02:47 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
So that's how you find your info.

No, I clearly stated that is how Izzy finds his.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 03:03 pm
Quote:
DNC BOSS TOM PEREZ: ‘I Trust Joe Biden’ on Sexual Assault Allegations

Oh, I guess it is all over if Perez trusts him. Laughing Laughing Laughing
https://hannity.com/media-room/dnc-boss-tom-perez-i-trust-joe-biden-on-sexual-assault-allegations/?utm_source=socialflow
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 05:20 pm

https://i.imgur.com/w4XtB2K.jpg
livinglava

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 06:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/w4XtB2K.jpg

You have to admit that anti-Trumpism is relentless and uses anything and everything bad that happens against Trump because of the social-economic interests that he obstructs, e.g. global trade and human/drug trafficking.