Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

coldjoint

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 02:22 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Arguing that closing the memorials is an attack on veterans

There is no argument. It was an attack on the veterans and the values of freedom. I could care less if you want to defend a traitor.
parados

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 03:13 pm
@Baldimo,
No, not all federal lands were closed down. The Capital wasn't closed. The National Mall was not closed because it is a rather important thoroughfare for DC. The memorials on the Mall were closed. The veterans were able to be on the mall but not access the memorial. Sorry, but you don't get to rewrite history here Baldimo. Where do you think the barricades were? They were outside the memorials, not outside the National Mall.
parados

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 03:15 pm
@coldjoint,
I have no desire to defend you, Pinkie. I certainly won't argue if you want to call yourself a traitor.

Keep on not thinking, Pinkie. It's what you are good at.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 03:21 pm
@parados,
I'm not re-writing history, I'm stating a fact. Illegal immigrants were granted a right to rally and protest on federal land, and vets were told to go away. Try and fancy it up all you want to, vets were denied access to the very land they defend, and illegal immigrants were given access to the federal land they have no right to be on. We all know where Obama and the left place their priorities and it isn't on the vets who fought for this country.
parados

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 04:26 pm
@Baldimo,
Really? National Monuments, of which the WW2 memorial is one, are run by park rangers. The National Mall is run by the Park Police and has no rangers. National Monuments typically have rangers on site to watch, answer questions, and assist visitors. The National Mall has no reason to have rangers. When the park rangers were furloughed the national monuments were closed. The National Mall was not closed. The Park Police still were on duty because they are considered essential under the law. The Park police are the ones that approve and police activities on the Mall. WW2 veterans could be on the Mall all they wanted. They were refused entry to the areas that are under the control of Park Rangers who were no longer on duty because of the shut down.

You are re-writing history. You are confusing the National Mall with National Monuments. They are not the same thing. None of the illegal immigrants entered the WW2 memorial. They were restricted to the Mall outside the Monuments. None of the veterans entered the WW2 memorial. They were restricted to the Mall outside the Monuments.

The 2 groups were treated exactly the same in the areas they were restricted from entering.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 07:09 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I have no desire to defend you,

Your Pee Wee Herman reply? Typical. And very tired.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2015 09:08 pm
Quote:
NBC Files Copyright Claims Against All Videos Of Hillary Clinton On ‘Meet The Press’

She fucked up that bad? Yes she did.http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/chuckle.gif
http://linkis.com/www.weaselzippers.us/zC8bl
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2015 11:32 pm
Deaths from gun violence vs. deaths from terrorism, in one chart
http://www.vox.com/2015/10/1/9437187/obama-guns-terrorism-deaths?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=article%3Afixed&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Islam is not the problem, the GOP is...
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2015 11:33 pm
@TheCobbler,
I hope there was a lobotomy in your past, at least then you would have an excuse.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 01:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Is that why you thought Britain was in the Eurozone, Kim Jong Un was in Switzerland and the plane crash in the Alps was a terrorist strike? It would explain a lot.

This particular beauty was posted after the left wing SNP romped home in Scotland, picking up all but 3 seats available.
Quote:
Left unsaid in the places I have looked is why the Left got creamed in Scotland. Does anyone know?

http://able2know.org/topic/92414-768#post-5950284<br />

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 09:28 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Deaths from gun violence vs. deaths from terrorism, in one chart

Oregon was terror.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 09:29 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Islam is not the problem, the GOP is...

Is the GOP throwing gays of rooftops?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 09:54 am
@Baldimo,
Actually, no. Veterans WERE let onto some public parks. Ask me how I know that.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 09:56 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Is the GOP throwing gays of rooftops?

Not that they don't want to.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 09:58 am
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/151002-your-republican-congress-in-action.jpg

Armed "Republicans" are the problem.

**** the NRA.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Inflated and misleading stats? You wonder why the majority of American's don't take you guys seriously on the subject of gun control.
parados

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:50 am
@Baldimo,
Which stats are inflated or misleading? Cite a source.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:57 am
@parados,
For starters, 142 school shootings? Misleading due to the fact that if a shooting happened near a school it was considered a school shooting. Even if it had nothing to do with the school or even students at the school.

Any stats provided by "Any Town USA" are purposefully misleading with gun bans in mind.
parados

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:03 am
@Baldimo,
That's an interesting argument since this is what they list as criteria for school shootings being included.

Quote:
Criteria for Inclusion
Incidents were classified as school shootings when a firearm was discharged inside a school building or on school or campus grounds, as documented by the press or confirmed through further inquiries with law enforcement. Incidents in which guns were brought into schools but not fired, or were fired off school grounds after having been possessed in schools, were not included.

It seems the requirement is on school grounds and not just near it.

Perhaps you can point to the specific incidents you think happened near a school and not on its grounds.
http://everytownresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/SchoolShooting-AppendixOnly.pdf
Baldimo

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:17 am
@parados,
Here's this report from CNN on this very issue:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/11/us/school-shootings-cnn-number/

If you continue to use stats from a known anti-gun group, you are not going to be taken seriously. I reject the premise of your request on the simple fact that the article above shows the 15 actual school shootings out of the original 74 they tried to claim over the summer.

When two 20 somethings get into an argument on school grounds at 2am over a bad drug deal and shoot each other, they consider that a school shooting. It's misleading from the get go, and a desperate attempt to make things look worse than they really are.