ex - he messages but isn't consistent?

ist17

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 02:23 pm
Background: my ex has only been in 1 long term relationship in grade 8 & hasn't been in one since. his friends have told me that he's always been afraid to commit. We are both now 20.

We started talking 1.5 yrs ago and didn't expect much, but we fell for each other and b/c he was out of province, we pursued each other LD until he came home. When we got together during christmas, we only fell deeper. We had strong feelings for each other and wanted to wait until he's home to be official (4 months later-he lives 1hr from me). When he came back, he asked me to meet his friends & family. we continued to date for 2 months & I was curious why we weren't official,although we were exclusive.I asked and he said he's confused,that he likes me but doesn't know why he's not ready to take the next step. We "broke up", he cried & said that's not what he wants, we got back together. He was still confused, said that some days he's sure of us but some days he questions whether he's truly ready and he's not sure why he questions.

Fast forward 2 months, he broke up with me and said he lost feelings. He tried to initiate contact 2 days later and I brushed it off and we don't talk for two months. He recently started talking to me again, some weeks he'll continually try to talk & other weeks I won't hear from him. He drunk texts me to talk, but doesn't flirt b/c he says he's afraid I won't like/appreciate it. As of now, I haven't heard from him in over a week.

Was it a commitment issue? I keep thinking he was afraid to give up "being a boy/partying". And is there a chance for reconciliation?
Also, for people that have lost feelings, I know it's possible to think you lost feelings and then realize later that you never did, but what about those that truly lost feelings/lost interest, what are the chance that they gain those feelings back?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 769 • Replies: 2
No top replies

MrMix

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 11:15 pm
@ist17,
He lost feelings because someone else came into the picture. He was stalling with you because he was weighing up his options. On the positive note; your still very young and have sooo much time ahead of you. When someone really wants to be with you, they will go out of there way and do absolutely anything to be with you.. This guy was just not that into you but that's ok because I'm sure you'll find someone who will rock your world you seem like a good person..
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 11:32 pm
@ist17,
As always, the best thing to do is develop a relationship in which you can discuss anything - including the feelings you expressed here - with him. I can't find any way to give you insight into what he's thinking or what his intentions are, since I don't know the first thing about him. Wish I could be more helpful. Last year, I went through a breakup after a tw0-year relationship and shortly thereafter serendipitously stumbled across this: http://www.wealthysinglemommy.com/forget-the-seven-year-itch-science-proves-love-fades-after-two/ Incidentally, I was married before...for about 2 1/2 years.
0 Replies