The Bride Of Christ

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:51 pm
The Wedding The Bride Of Christ

God had set up a wedding for His Son Jesus. When Jesus was coming down to earth. The Jews refused to come to the wedding.
Matt 22:2-14
2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,
3 "and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4 "Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."'
5 "But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
6 "And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them.
7 "But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 "Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 'Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 "So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 "But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
12 "So he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
13 "Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
(NKJ)

So the wedding was put off. Because it had no guests. So Jesus had no one to marry. So God called the Gentiles and they came. And God decided Jacob is the younger son. And the Jews are Esau. And God let everyone know He will have mercy on whom He wills and whom He wills He hardens. But what He is doing is because the Jews rejected the wedding. He could have destroyed all the Jews. But He had compassion on them.

Rom 9:11-24
11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls),
12 it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger."
13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!
15 For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."
16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
(NKJ)

That was when God opened the door to anyone who wanted to come to the wedding. He called all, but He chose a few to promote His message. But the Jews still misused the old testament law. They used it on others instead of themselves.

Rom 9:25-33
25 As He says also in Hosea: "I will call them My people, who were not My people, and her beloved, who was not beloved."
26 "And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, 'You are not My people,' there they shall be called sons of the living God."
27 Isaiah also cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, the remnant will be saved.
28 For He will finish the work and cut it short in righteousness, because the Lord will make a short work upon the earth."
29 And as Isaiah said before: "Unless the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we would have become like Sodom, and we would have been made like Gomorrah."
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith;
31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
33 As it is written: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, and whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
Rev 21:1-3
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

The Gentiles with the help of the Holy Spirit used Gods new laws on themselves, And forgave others. Now God has set up a new wedding. Between Jesus and the new Jerusalem. And we just have to wait to see who shows up.

Rev 21:9-11
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 08:52 pm
WEDDING AND GARMENTS ENTERING HEAVEN
Matt 25:1-12
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
Rev 14:4-5
4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Luke 13:23-28
23 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
28 "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
Matt 7:13-15
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Matt 11:27-30
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
John 5:23
23 "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
John 3:34-36
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
35 "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
1Thes 5:8
8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
Eph 6:13-17
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
1 Tim 2:8-13
8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;
9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,
10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.
11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.
12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
II Th 2:1-2
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 11:21 am
@Squeakybro,
So tell us: Is the bride a single individual or a class?
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 11:27 am
@neologist,
there was a catering faux pas, they
brought little crab n ham salad sammiches around with the champagne.
God was really pissed off.
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 12:18 pm
@farmerman,
I heard about that. By the time I got there it was all gone.

Gonna have to stick with my original question to Squeaks, though.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 02:18 pm
@neologist,
The bride is a city.

Rev 21:9-11
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 04:45 pm
@Squeakybro,
BZZZT!
Like any bride, this bride must remain in submission to her husband. While the city of Heavenly Jerusalem is part of the picture, the bride has free will.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 06:57 pm
@neologist,
Where do you come up with this stuff? just make it up as you go.
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 08:40 pm
@Squeakybro,
Not saying you are completely wrong, just limited.
Quote:
Let us rejoice and be overjoyed and give him glory, because the marriage of the Lamb has arrived and his wife has prepared herself. 8 Yes, it has been granted to her to be clothed with bright, clean, fine linen—for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”

9 And he tells me, “Write: Happy are those invited to the evening meal of the Lamb’s marriage.” Also, he tells me: “These are the true sayings of God - Revelation 19: 7-9
So the "city" has free will. And what constitutes the "city"?
People.
Quote:
Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority,+ but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years. - Revelation 20:6
Of course, then you will have to understand that the earth will be inhabited by humans at that time.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:12 pm
@neologist,
clothed with bright, clean, fine linen—for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones

I said
lol Where do you come up with free will?
neologist

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:34 pm
@Squeakybro,
Do you not understand that the holy ones all serve God out of free will?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 10:29 am
@neologist,
Yes the people will be there by free will. But I don't see how a city has anything to do with free will.
0 Replies

Josie Burness

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 04:49 am
@Squeakybro,
What's the point of quoting all this scripture? If I want to read it I have my own bible. What exactly are you trying to say? and why? Just curious.
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 09:41 am
@Josie Burness,
The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. I demonstrate the Spirit. That is how I show others I have the support of the Holy Spirit when I talk.

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 05:50 pm
@Squeakybro,
Tell us why you must demonstrate the spirit.
The true congregation demonstrates the spirit by displaying the quality Jesus specifies at John 13:35
Squeakybro

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 09:37 pm
@neologist,
Because I feel sorry for the brethren out there that have been deceived into thinking they know the Holy Spirit but don't. They think they know God but they don't. The god that talks to them and is leading them.

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4-5
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

John 5:37-41
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41 "I do not receive honor from men.
(NKJ)

Josie Burness

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 04:58 am
@Squeakybro,
Do you believe the Holy Spirit is leading you to write the scriptures down and post them?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 09:01 am
@Josie Burness,
The verses I write down are the very same verses that the Holy Spirit quotes to me in my mind. Word for Word.
Josie Burness

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 01:41 am
@Squeakybro,
Cool.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 07:04 am
@Josie Burness,
Do you also find his rampant homophobia cool?