The Bride Of Christ

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:08 am
@Ionus,
Are you aking about the many men who wrote through the ages or the God who inspired their writings? - 2 Timothy 3:16
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:15 am
@izzythepush,
Hilarious, Izzy.
But not all fantasy is harmless.
Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:46 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

If a demon cause you to sin, that would be your fault for allowing the demon to get in you. All emotions are demons. When God told you not to give into one.

Yeah you are a pure nut case. Emotions are demons? Well you do realize that every emotion is built upon conditions. If the conditions are not there, the emotion doesn't arise at all. If you know what these conditions are, which I do, you can bypass their arising. By changing the way in which you view aspects of reality you can avoid having the unfavorable ones arise and in turn you can induce the favorable ones to arise.

Emotions are not a magical thing and they are not random nor are they built off nothing. There is a cause and that cause is derived by yourself and nothing else. But even if the emotions were induced via a demon my argument would hold that you are therefore not responsible because they are manipulating you.

It doesn't matter if you "let them in" or not, if they are manipulating you then you would not be responsible.

Going back to my analogy it would be like letting the psychopath into the building. Well your argument suggests that since you let in the stranger then you are guilty for pushing the button that kills all the other hostages. That is absurd.
Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:50 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Who wrote the Bible ?

There are multiple writers and each book with the exception of deuteronomy has aspects of each of the writers.
neologist

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:57 am
@Krumple,
Squeaky would have us believe the anguish we feel over the death of a loved one or the righteous anger we feel over injustice is the work of demons.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:12 am
@Squeakybro,
No it doesn't, whereas pretty much everyone on A2K knows you're an idiot. You're clearly delusional because you're definitely not a prophet. There's nothing about you that's remotely spiritual. Maybe you're the one deceived by demons, or more likely you're mentally ill. In either event you've constructed a fantasy world to deal with the mundane nature of your own existence,
Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:15 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Squeaky would have us believe the anguish we feel over the death of a loved one or the righteous anger we feel over injustice is the work of demons.

Which is why I think he is a nutcase. You make a good point. And it also would mean that the love or feelings you feel towards god would also be the cause of demons? Or is there some silly exception that he hasn't shared with us because he has "secret" knowledge on this issue?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:15 am
@neologist,
Ivan Jelical could have been written about Squeaky. It's not just funny, it points out their hypocrisy, and the damage caused by such intolerant fundamentalists.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 11:34 am
I'm still extremely short on time; so, again, I'm going to have to be brief.

While glancing at the latest posts, I've noticed that the subject of demon possession has come up. I believe demon possession was a reality in New Testament times, but does not occur today.

To provide material for discussion, I thought I'd post a link to a relevant news item. You can discuss it while I'm away.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/arkansas-republican-gave-adopted-girls-to-rapist-because-they-were-possessed-by-demons-report/

Pathetic!
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:02 pm
squeaky wrote:
All emotions are demons

When Jesus turned the tables in the house of his father, and drove out the traders, was he taken over by a demon?
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:32 pm
@Smileyrius,
and what of God feeling regret in Genesis 6:6, to the point he felt deeply troubled, Was God himself overtaken by a demon?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:48 pm
@Smileyrius,
Of course, the only person immune to influence by demons is Squeaky, which is why God has appointed him as his prophet. God and Jesus clearly are not up to the job.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:58 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

and what of God feeling regret in Genesis 6:6, to the point he felt deeply troubled, Was God himself overtaken by a demon?

Unfortunately he will probably never directly address these questions but if he does I have a feeling there will be special pleading. But what can you really expect from a statement like that anyways?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:01 pm
@neologist,
That is the problem I have when I deal with people in the milk understanding.
They don't know the difference between an emotion and an affection. Wept is an affection not an emotion.
John 11:35
35 Jesus wept.
(NKJ)

Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:03 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

That is the problem I have when I deal with people in the milk understanding.
They don't know the difference between an emotion and an affection. Wept is an affection not an emotion.
John 11:35
35 Jesus wept.
(NKJ)

Just as I had predicted.. special pleading.. I can see you coming a billion miles away.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:05 pm
@Krumple,
EMOTIONS2 (passions) UNCLEAN SPIRITS
Gal 5:1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
Rom 7:8-25
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God-- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Gal 5:16-24
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Rom 1:25-26
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
1 Cor 1:2-3
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Gal 5:14-16
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:5-7
5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
Col 3:5-7
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience,
7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
2 Cor 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
1 Tim 6:7-9
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
9 But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition.
(NKJ)

xxx Many people think their emotions are helping them. And all they are doing is deceiving them. Then they build up to a big chastizement.
We inherit alot of our emotions from our fathers. And others we allow in as we get older.

I Jn 4:6-12
6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:43-45
43 "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.
44 "Then he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order.
45 "Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation."
(NKJ)

Luke 6:18
18 as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:06 pm
@Squeakybro,
Buy a dictionary
Krumple

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:07 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Buy a dictionary

Na the dictionary has a demon in it so he wouldn't touch it.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:11 pm
@neologist,
One who has faith understands nothing happens outside the will of God. And we don't grieve the death of a loved one. We praise God because God has taken them. And there is no righteous anger for man.

Matt 10:29
29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.
(NKJ)

1Thes 4:13-14
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
(NKJ)

Col 3:8
8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.
(NKJ)

Eph 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:12 pm
@Krumple,
Perhaps he could tear out that page?