The Bride Of Christ

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:00 am
@Ionus,
You really don't understand. Them three are what the bible speaks against.
Ionus

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:03 am
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
You really don't understand. Them three are what the bible speaks against.

If you are telling me God doesnt want you to have intelligence, morality and humanity, then I think you are a loony and are as much credit to Christianity as the Inquisition.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:05 am
@Setanta,
To many people accept the easy verses. But there is one the is bigger than them all. The first one. And to fulfill this commandment one must obey all the commandments in the new testament. Once one tries this they will find out that love is NOT a feeling.

Mark 12:30
30 'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
(NKJ)

I Jn 5:2-3
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
(NKJ)
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:10 am
@Ionus,
One cant even get into grace until they have made the old testament obsolete to themselves.
OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE)

NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Matt 19:30
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Rom 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Matt 5:18
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus fulfilled the old testament law and shows us how to fulfill it to. The old testament law is still in affect on those who have not followed Jesus example. Love is the fulfillment of the old testament. And if one can learn what love is they also can follow Jesus' example by fulfilling the law. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Love is not a feeling or an emotions it is an action. The act of not giving into all the emotions that push one into beleiving and holding on to the law of sin and death(punishment). The old testament is the law of sin and death. The new testament is the law of Christ(love). Fulfill means to bring to an end. The old testament is the idea that everyone has to pay for their wrongs. The new testament in Christ is bear one anothers burdens.

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:13 am
@Squeakybro,
"Special assignment" is what I was referring to.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:35 am
@neologist,
Well don't we all have the same assignment? Only some of us really do it.

Mark 16:15
15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
(NKJ)

Matt 28:19-20
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 09:44 am
@Ionus,
Your herculean cut and paste contains much to consider. But since I am a man of few words, I will consider just a few now, perhaps a few later.
First of all, the Bible is not a scientific treatise. It is written so the least sophisticated of us may benefit from its message. That the heavens and earth are mentioned in the same sentence does not in any way imply their simultaneous creation. The same Moses who penned Genesis proclaims in Job 28:7 that angels applauded the creation of earth. I don't find any problem with the condensed order of creation as it is plain that God created earth in steps sufficient for the arrival of man.

Nor do I see a problem with the times. It is plain that heaven and earth were created before the first day and that the 6 creative days are of indefinite length. It is also noteworthy that the seventh day has not yet ended. So Adam did indeed die within the day of his sin. Adam also died within the 1000 years of God's symbolic "thousand years are as but a day" mentioned several times in the scriptures (2 Peter 3:8 and Psalm 90:4, to name 2)

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the truth of the Bible is written in such a way as to trap those who consider themselves as having some special talent in intelligence or assignment. If you wish to learn you must use what discernment power you have to seek from the point of view of a child. That does not mean stupid, BTW.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 10:53 am
@neologist,
How do you look at the discernment of a child? The way I see that is that just believe what ever you tell them.
neologist

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 02:01 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
How do you look at the discernment of a child? The way I see that is that just believe what ever you tell them.
Not the discernment of a child, the point of view of a child.

Trust

As I see it, I trust God to complete his purpose for the earth, to fill it with mankind free from war and crime and sickness and death. This is his promise made to Adam and Eve and restated many times in the scriptures. It is also inherant in the meaning of the name Jehovah, literally "He who causes to become". My study of the Bible has continually fortified that trust.

But I have not given that trust blindly.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 02:09 pm
@neologist,
Trust is a better word.
neologist

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 05:33 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Trust is a better word.
What are you saying?
By examining the scriptures from a point of view of trust in their validity, it does not demand that we abandon our powers of discernment. See Proverbs, Ch 2.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 06:36 pm
@neologist,
I was just saying for a child believe or trust are both good words in describing the way children look at grown ups. But I do believe trust is a better word.
neologist

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 06:49 pm
@Squeakybro,
But keep in mind that we warn our children while very young to use discernment before giving trust.

I fear you have abandoned discernment.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 08:01 pm
@neologist,
Discernment of spirits and knowledge
Matt 16:2-3
2 He answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red';
3 "and in the morning, 'It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times.
1 Cor 12:7-11
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
Phil 1:9-10
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
Col 2:1-3
1 For I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh,
2 that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
1 Tim 3:9
9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
Col 1:25-26
25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
1 Cor 2:2-5
2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
Eph 1:7-9
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:8-14
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)
XXX Once you can discern the spirits you can discern life. And you can discern where your thoughts are coming from. Once you can discern which spirit is talking to you, you can also discern which one to reject. And you can bring every thought into the obedience of Christ.

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)
There is only one guaranteed message from God, that would be the Holy Spirit. And He will teach you which spirit is speaking. And he will reveal that all your emotions are unclean spirits pushing you towards satan.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 07:20 pm
@neologist,
Explain how.
0 Replies