The Bride Of Christ

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
lol I have seen a lot of people get possessed by a spirit, but you have it bad. There is nothing in here for you, everything is away over your head. So why do you keep posting???? This is my thread so I'm obligated to post, but your have absolutely no reason for even being here. And yet here you are. You must be tormented real bad.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 02:00 pm
@Squeakybro,
I've seen a lot of delusional idiots in my time, but never someone quite so divorced from reality. if I was possessed by spirits and you were possessed by the word of God this conversation would take on cosmic proportions. Reality is much more prosaic, we're just two blokes arguing over the internet, nothing more nothing less. The difference is I can handle reality, you can't.

In fairness if I was as useless as you I'd probably run from the truth too.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 03:48 pm
@izzythepush,
lol You are one sandwich short of a picnic basket Your reality is a delusion. If you want to know what truth is you should get into the bible. That is truth.
THE TRUTH IS THE VOICE OF JESUS, THE VOICE OF JESUS IS THE REVELATIONS OF JESUS CHRIST
Rev 3:20-22
20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
21 "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."' "
John 18:37
37 Pilate therefore said to Him, "Are You a king then?" Jesus answered, "You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."
John 10:27-28
27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 10:16
16 "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
John 8:31-32
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
John 17:17-23
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
21 "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
23 "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
(NKJ)
THE Holy SPIRIT IS TRUTH
I Jn 5:6
6 This is He who came by water and blood-- Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:7-14
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
2 Cor 5:5-11
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
(NKJ)

xxxThe only guaranteed truth from God comes through the Holy Spirit and He only quotes verses. If your looking for truth any other way you are deceived.

John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
(NKJ)

John 17:17-20
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
(NKJ)

I Jn 1:5-6
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
(NKJ)

WITHHOLDING THE TRUTH

Eph 4:30
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
(NKJ)

Matt 25:14-15
14 "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
(NKJ)

Matt 25:24-28
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
(NKJ)
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:18 pm
@izzythepush,
I said
lol we are not arguing. We are not having a discussion. your telling a bunch of lies about God. And I'm proving you wrong.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:24 pm
@Squeakybro,
Nothing you've said has proved anything other than you're not right in the head. You prefer to live in a fantasy world where your words have great import, and I've not got any more time to waste on the delusions of a mad man. I hope you get the help you so obviously need before you do any more harm to yourself or others.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:34 pm
@izzythepush,
Same to you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:40 pm
@izzythepush,
I find this thread quite distressing.
I believe the Bible to be inspired and truthful.
However, it is deliberately written to trap those who are enamored with their own intelligence or, in some cases, special assignment.
That is, no doubt why Jesus proclaimed at Matthew 11:25 that the truth would be hidden from intellectuals and revealed to children.

So, I try to look at scripture from the point of view of the naive realist.

I have no idea how to fit squeaky into that picture. Intellectual does not seem to fit. . . . .. . ...............................
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 07:03 pm
@neologist,
Well thank you. You seem to have a good eye for the Word.
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 10:23 pm
@Squeakybro,
Not intended as an accolade.
Ionus

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 10:36 pm
@neologist,
Which of the 50 odd Bible versions are you using ? They are all copyrighted and owned by corporations. Some of them are edited for the reader, others are accurate translations of the oldest known documents.
Ionus

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 10:39 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
I believe the Bible to be inspired and truthful.

I wouldn't have said that about the OT.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 10:43 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Well thank you. You seem to have a good eye for the Word.

hahahahahahahah! You really dont understand much. Did it ever occur to you that if you dont apply what God gave you, intelligence, morality and humanity, the Bible is nothing but words for rote learning by the stupid. Did you understand that ?
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 10:54 pm
@Ionus,
I prefer the New World Translation.
(It's free. The copyright exists to prevent sales.)
But I will use any translation:
King James
New International
Byington, or . . .etc.
So, give it your best
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 02:30 am
@neologist,
Didn't Jesus sum it up as 'Love Thy Neighbour?' Isn't the rest just padding? If we all did that the World would be a better place.
Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 02:55 am
@izzythepush,
Bishop Burnet, one of the prime sources for restoration England, and London and the palace in particular, once wrote to a friend to say that the King had a strange notion of god's love. He said that Charles had said that: "The only things that God hates are that we be wicked and that we design mischief." Of course, the good bishop found that strange because he had a long, long list of things that god hates.

I think you'll find that the god boys around here, like Neo and Squeak, have a long, long list of necessary padding.
neologist

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 05:20 am
@Setanta,
Hmm.
Actually, the verse izzy refers to is Matthew 11:39. Briefly, love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

That pretty much sums it up.

But, like Johnny Cash noted, "they all want the kingdom, but they don't want God in it."
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 05:33 am
@Setanta,
People tended to let their hair down a bit after having Christmas and Theatre banned. They even allowed women to tread the boards. I'm sure there was plenty for the good bishop to disapprove of.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 07:32 am
@neologist,
Quote:
like Johnny Cash noted, "they all want the kingdom, but they don't want God in it."

I will add that one to my playlist, love the sentiment
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 08:33 am
@neologist,
I think you are avoiding reality by asking me to do all this but anyway here it is:

Quote:
Genesis 1
(1:1) In the beginning
The first of two contradictory creation accounts. Compare with Genesis 2:4-25 in which the order of events is entirely different.

The Genesis 1 account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science.

In Genesis 1:1, the earth and "heaven" are created together "in the beginning," whereas according to current estimates, the earth and universe are about 4.6 and 13.7 billion years old, respectively.

In Genesis, the earth is created (1:1) before light (1:3) and the sun and stars (1:16); birds and whales (1:21) before reptiles and insects (1:24); and flowering plants (1:11) before any animals (1:20). The order of events known from science is in each case just the opposite.

(1:3) Let there be light
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them?

(1:6) A firmament
God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters.
1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
1:7 And God made the firmament and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. (1:11) Let the earth bring forth grass
Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). Notice, though, that God lets "the earth bring forth" the plants, rather than creating them directly. Maybe Genesis is not so anti-evolution after all.

(1:14) Let them be for signs
God placed the sun, moon, and stars in the firmament so that they can be used "for signs". This, of course, is exactly what astrologers do: read "the signs" in the Zodiac to predict what will happen on Earth.
What the Bible says about astrology

(1:16a) God made the two great lights.
"The greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." But the moon is not a light; it only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky?

(1:16b) He made the stars also.
God spends a day making light (before making the sun and stars) and separating light from darkness; then, at the end of a hard day's work, and almost as an afterthought, he makes 300 sextillion stars.

(1:17) To give light upon the earth.
Then why is only a tiny fraction of stars visible from earth? Under the best conditions, no more than a few thousand stars are visible with the unaided eye, yet there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and a hundred billion or so galaxies. Were they all created "to give light upon the earth"?

(1:26) Let them have dominion.
God gave humans dominion over every other living thing on earth. This couldn't be true, of course, since millions of other species existed for millions of years before humans existed. But this verse is used by fundamentalist Christians to justify their mistreatment of other species and disregard for the environment. After all, they believe that God created the other species just for them, so they can do whatever they please with them.

(1:28) Be fruitful and multiply.
God commands us to "be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over ... every living thing that moveth upon the earth." This verse is used to justify Christian opposition to birth control, concern for the environment, and animal rights. The earth was made for humans, and they can do as they damn well please with it.
What the Bible says about birth control

(1:29) I have given you every herb ... and every tree ... for meat.
Since many plants have evolved poisons to protect against animals that would like to eat them, God's advice is more than a little reckless. Would you tell your children to go out in the garden and eat whatever plants they encounter? Of course not. But then, you are much nicer and smarter than God.
1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forthabundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (1:30) To every beast ... I have given every green herb for meat.
All animals were originally herbivores. Tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes, and barracudas -- all were strict vegetarians, as created by God.

(1:31) Behold, it was very good.
God purposefully designed a system that ensures the suffering and death of all his creatures, parasite and host, predator and prey.
1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 2
(2:2) "He rested."
Even God gets tired sometimes.
Does God work on the Sabbath?

(2:4-25) "These are the generations"
The second creation account. Compare with Genesis 1:1-2:3 in which the order of events is entirely different.
The two creations

(2:5-7) "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth"
In chapter 1 plants are created on the third day before humans are created on the sixth. But in chapter 2 the order is reversed.
When were plants created?
Did God originally create humans male and female?

(2:7, 18-22) "God formed man of the dust of the ground." In the first creation story, God makes humans (male and female) after the other animals; in the second, God makes a man first, then the other animals, and then a woman.
Were humans created before or after the other animals?
But humans were not created instantaneously from dust and breath, but evolved over millions of years from simpler life forms.

(2:9) "The tree of life ... and the tree of knowledge of good and evil."
God created two magic trees: the tree of life and the tree of knowledge. Eat from the first, and you become a god and live forever (3:22); eat from the second and you'll die the same day (2:17). (Or that's what God said, anyway. Adam ate from the tree of knowledge and yet he didn't die. In fact he lived for another 930 years or so (5:5). But Adam never got a chance to eat from the tree of life. God kicked him out of the garden before he could eat from that tree, become a god, and live forever.)

(2:15) "To dress it and to keep it"
Some believers claim that this verse requires them to be environmentalists.

(2:17a) "Of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it."
Why not? What's wrong with knowing right from wrong?

(2:17b) "In the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
God says that if Adam eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then the day that he does so, he will die. But later Adam eats the forbidden fruit (3:6) and yet lives for another 930 years (5:5).
May Adam eat from any tree?

(2:18) "It is not good that man should be alone."
Is marriage a good thing?

(2:19) "Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast."
From what were the animals created?

(2:19-20) "God ... brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them."
After making the animals, God has Adam name them all. The naming of several million species must have kept Adam busy for a while.
But animals were not created instantaneously from the ground, but evolved over millions of years. And we still don't have names for all of them. Ten thousand new species of insects are discovered and named each year.

(2:19-22) "But for Adam there was not found an help meet for him."
God makes the animals and parades them before Adam to see if any would strike his fancy. But none seem to have what it takes. (Although he was tempted to go for the sheep.)
When were humans created?
When was Eve created?
Did God originally create humans male and female?

(2:22) God fashions a woman out of one of Adam's ribs.
Because of this story, it was commonly believed (and sometimes it is still said today) that males have one less rib than females. When Vesalius showed in 1543 that the number of ribs was the same in males and females, it created a storm of controversy.
When will Armageddon occur?

(2:22) "The rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman."
God made only one woman to be Adam's helpmeet.
Is polygamy OK?

(2:25) "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."
What the Bible says about nudism
2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
The Second Creation Account
2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
2:11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
2:13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
2:14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 08:58 am
@neologist,
you said
I have no idea how to fit squeaky into that picture. Intellectual does not seem to fit.

I said
This is the part I was talking about.