Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 03:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Big Bang is the basis
Indubitably, Cis
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:20 pm
Because the author of this forum is a theist he naturally asks WHY (not how) life emerged. If I were a theist I would like to know why, or for what purpose, He made maggots and bats and bacteria. But it is easier--MUCH EASIER--to answer the question: How did these forms EVOLVE? Evolution does not have purposes or goals just mechanisms and functions.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:20 pm
Because the author of this forum is a theist he naturally asks WHY (not how) life emerged. If I were a theist I would like to know why, or for what purpose, He made maggots and bats and bacteria. But it is easier--MUCH EASIER--to answer the question: How did these forms EVOLVE? Evolution does not have purposes or goals just mechanisms and functions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 05:22 pm
@JLNobody,
Pretty good assumption with which I agree.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 02:28 am
@JLNobody,
Holistically WHY is within...not outwards... not backwards or forwards, up or down, that which IS...there is no nothing out there to borrow from justification...REASON is self sufficient ! Why some might wonder ? Well because it refers to everything that exists. It answers to nothing other then its own established FACTUAL order of things in the whole. But what then about what is to come, some might insist ? Is it written ? I say worse then written, "written" its just a naive metaphor for timely perspectivism, its DONE ! Probably Einstein would rightfully advise, forget about passage of time..."Clocks" ticking aside the "ratio" already refers to the REAL relation of things in the whole superstructure !
...Which we in our ignorance, refer to, from our poor timely sealed pov, as "Metaphysics"... when its just "Meta" our experiencing...
Naturally there are no reasons to REASON !
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:30 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Boy, you're making good points. Really enjoying reading your posts.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm. Wink
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 11:43 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Now, could you possibly give us an English translation of all that? There are one or two points that remain unclear in the original Gibberish.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 11:49 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I rather keep it a "secret" if you don't mind. I am sure you wont. Toss it out.
Privacy is a valuable thing.
For someone that believes in holistic structures as "minds" and "consciousness" and "willing" it is ironic that you ask me for "translation"... Cool
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:14 pm
The worst most tricky most deceiving word in the world is "IF". For wording is worse then PI for mathematics !
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:35 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I have long believed that the most efficient way to utterly destroy the value of any insight one may have is to articulate it. In whatever language.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 01:45 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Words are a sweet venom. We live with/in them and they trick us every day.
0 Replies

Poseidon384

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 11:23 pm
@Poseidon384,
Whoa! This post sure did start a discussion!😁
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:05 pm
@Poseidon384,
You claim to be Catholic. I was raised a Catholic.
So, I presume the church has shielded you from serious consideration of the bible. If you can find a bible, I suggest you turn to Proverbs, Chapter 8 for some insight into why God created first, his 'only begotten' son and how the rest of creation came about.

If you search the pages, you will also find the explanation for human misery and God's promise to end it.
Poseidon384

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 12:30 am
@neologist,
Neologist, are you still Catholic? Or even Christian?
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 10:15 am
@Poseidon384,
You didn't read my profile, did you?
I read yours.
Poseidon384

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 08:25 pm
@neologist,
Ok, I read your profile.
Poseidon384

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 08:27 pm
@Poseidon384,
But, I not get your point.
0 Replies

Poseidon384

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 08:28 pm
@Poseidon384,
But I not get your point. How has it oppressed humanity.
neologist

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 08:51 pm
@Poseidon384,
Poseidon384 wrote:
But I not get your point. How has it oppressed humanity.
Every time the political or financial powers have found it necessary to wage war, they have used the priesthood to provide cannon fodder.
And that is not to mention the lies they have spoken about God's purpose and the condition of the dead.