Sarah Palin running in 2016

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 09:06 am
Some people have an ego that far exceeds their common sense - if they ever possessed it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 45,871 • Replies: 94
Topic Closed

edgarblythe

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 09:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

korkamann

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 09:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Some people have an ego that far exceeds their common sense - if they ever possessed it.

By any accounts, Sarah Palin is one of the most ruthless and unscrupulous politicians around. Her outrageous ego lives in its own private world....Sarah Palin is of the extremist order. People of average discernment, after a fashion, will look at themselves objectively, see and evaluate their imperfections. Not so with Palin who tend to magnify her mistakes to such a high level that today her image is that of a circus clown.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
In spite of my somewhat leftist leanings I like the girl, she's very smart and articulate

Been reading her Going Rogue….
….for some 2 years now since I read only during the commercials
cicerone imposter

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 12:18 pm
@dalehileman,
Some parrots are articulate too.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 12:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If she's actually the GOP nominee, that's the best news the Democrats could hope for.
cicerone imposter

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 12:29 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
True; she would give the liberals a gift she'll never understand. Her greed for power is the best way she destroys the tea party.
0 Replies

korkamann

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 12:58 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Actually, I believe it's a tossup between Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin as to whom would make the Democrats the happiest. Either way, I find myself salivating at the prospect such could possibly be. However, I do think the ultra right-wing is not so stupid as to nominate someone for GOP president of that extremist category who could never pass the mainstream test.

I listened to Joni Ernst of Iowa give the GOP response to President Obama's SOTU speech. She presents a nice image, non-confrontational, but that's because she did not say anything worthwhile----anyone the GOP selects will have to have some kind of cross-over appeal because the image of the Republican party is so repulsive to ordinary Americans, that unless they make an attempt at an about-face they are doomed to never winning at the presidential level.
Frank Apisa

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 12:59 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

In spite of my somewhat leftist leanings I like the girl, she's very smart and articulate

Been reading her Going Rogue….
….for some 2 years now since I read only during the commercials

Dale...I have to ask: Are you being sarcastic here?

Smart! And articulate?

Frank Apisa

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 01:05 pm
@korkamann,
Most conservatives appear to think that America is a very conservative nation. If they truly think that...they ought to nominate the most conservative candidates they can find for the presidency every election. Palin would be an excellent candidate for them...as would Ted Cruz.

I know of very few liberals who consider America to be an especially liberal nation. They should be nominating more moderate, middle-of-the-road candidates every election.

Then we can see what we actually are...by vote.

korkamann

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 01:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Most conservatives appear to think that America is a very conservative nation. If they truly think that...they ought to nominate the most conservative candidates they can find for the presidency every election. Palin would be an excellent candidate for them...as would Ted Cruz.

Even the more established Republicans realize ultra extremists like a Ted Cruz would never get enough Americans to vote for him; his little narcissistic joy ride shut down the government last year for god's sake. Standard & Poor’s financial services company said the shutdown, which ended after 16 days, took $24 billion out of the U.S. economy.

As for Palin, she is seen by most perceptive Americans as a political joke and only a certain class of Republican care for her. Despite Republican's straitlaced policies, some of these politicians are highly intelligent and realize the danger Cruz and a Palin pose.
cicerone imposter

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 01:34 pm
@korkamann,
Yea. The US has our share of extremists too!
korkamann

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 01:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

People see different things, F. Apisa. The rambling, often incoherent Sarah Palin is still attractive to men and dalehileman subconsciously might be meshing her physical assets with her somewhat limited mental skills.
dalehileman

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 02:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Frank I'd say provocative

Quote:
Smart! And articulate?
By my somewhat relaxed standards
Frank have you read her book
dalehileman

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 02:05 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
dalehileman subconsciously might be meshing her physical assets with her somewhat limited mental skills.
Subliminal return to youth
0 Replies

korkamann

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 02:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Yea. The US has our share of extremists too!

Yes, Cicerone imposter, tell it like it is! It wasn't enough the hyperbolic Ted Cruz and Utah's Mike Lee shut down the government, but these two madmen were intent on having the US default on payment for bills we had already incurred. Ted Cruz literally comes across as being somewhat unstable.
0 Replies

jcboy

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 02:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I hope she does run again, it will be great entertainment. Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 03:05 pm
I'm fantasizing a Clinton/Palin debate, for the comedic effect.

I not a fan of either but will vote for Hillary if it comes to that.
cicerone imposter

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 03:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Me too! I believe she would make the first woman president a plus for this country.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 25 Jan, 2015 03:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
If she's actually the GOP nominee, that's the best news the Democrats could hope for.

Makes no difference. After the 2013 gun control debacle, the Republicans are guaranteed to win in 2016 no matter what.