Here we go again: AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 11:17 pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627

An AirAsia flight travelling from the Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control, the company has said.

Indonesian media say more than 160 people were on the Airbus A320-200.

Flight QZ8501 lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24 (23:24 GMT), Malaysia-based AirAsia tweeted.

Malaysia's national carrier Malaysia Airlines has suffered two disasters this year - flights MH370 and MH17 - but AirAsia has never lost a plane.

Flight MH370 disappeared on a flight from Jakarta to Beijing in March with 239 passengers and crew, and MH17 was shot down over Ukraine in July, killing all 298 on board.

AirAsia says that search and rescue operations are under way for the missing aircraft.

The flight had been due to arrive in Singapore at 08:30 (00:30GMT).

There were six foreigners on board the flight, reports say, three from South Korea and one each from the UK Malaysia and Singapore. The rest of the passengers were Indonesian.

An official with the transport ministry, Hadi Mustofa, told local media the plane lost contact over the Java Sea, between the islands of Kalimantan and Java.

He said the plane had asked for an unusual route before it lost contact and that the weather had been cloudy.

AirAsia have given few other details.

"At the present time we unfortunately have no further information regarding the status of the passengers and crew members on board, but we will keep all parties informed as more information becomes available," a company statement said.

AirAsia has set up an emergency line for family or friends of those who may be on board. The number is +622 129 850 801.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 11:09 am
https://plus.google.com/+dailynews/posts/h6BdGZRK5sc
They suspended the search until Monday.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 11:15 am
@Butrflynet,
There's actually no "here we go again": this flight was on primary radar when lost. Hence this is nothing like MH 370.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:37 pm
@Butrflynet,
Also, it's a different airline and I think we need to blame Russia for the second Malaysian airline loss.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 07:43 pm
By " here we go again" I was referring to it being another intensive search in the massive bodies of water off Indonesia. It was not referring to the cause.
0 Replies

Verlor

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 09:31 pm
We should share our prayers for those passengers of that plane.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:39 pm
Two giant planes in a year go missing and we cant find them??!! This is inexcusable, cheap technology exists that would make this impossible to happen. If a plane goes into the water we should know within 100 meters of exactly where it made contact with the water, if it is on land we should know within 30 seconds within 100 meters where the wreck is. I cant find a running total but the total costs of trying to find MH370 have to be around 200 million dollar so far. It should have been almost nothing.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 04:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
Seems strange to me that the Pilot requested a different path, then the plane went missing.

Quote:
An Australian Orion search aircraft has spotted debris and an oil slick on the edge of the search area for missing AirAsia flight QZ8501, but ships in the area have been unable to find anything on the water.

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 05:09 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Rescuers pulled bodies and debris from the Java Sea on Tuesday as Indonesia officials said they were "95 percent sure" they had found the missing AirAsia passenger jet that disappeared with 162 people aboard.

The Indonesian National Search and Rescue Agency told NBC News that teams searching for the airliner had located at least six corpses, three of which were recovered. An airplane emergency exit door and red, white and black debris — the colors of the AirAsia jet — were identified from the air, the agency added. Images broadcast on Indonesian television showed bodies and objects floating in the sea.

"I am 95 percent sure that the location pictured is debris suspected to be from the aircraft," Indonesia Search and Rescue Agency chief Soelistyo told reporters.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 09:22 pm
I hope you are willing to give an ear open listen to help me. If you could open my msgs it would mean the world to me and that's all I could ask of you.
Sorry
0 Replies

katsung47

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 05:31 pm
AirAsia Flight QZ8501: Mysterious Chinese Man Predicted Disappearance Two Weeks Ago

By Gopi Chandra Kharel December 29, 2014
In an eerie blog post about two weeks ago, a mysterious Chinese man had warned that an AirAsia plane was going to disappear or meet a tragic end. And about a fortnight later, AirAisa flight QZ8501 disappeared from the air traffic control radar system on the morning of 27 December.

A mysterious Chinese individual had predicted and warned about the missing Air Asia Flight QZ8501 incident and urged people to avoid flying Air Asia planes. Reuters

The post has gone viral on social media and discussion forums such as Reddit, with people reacting in astonishment on how the person could have predicted it. The man behind the post apparently explains that the same people who brought down MH370 were going to attack another Malaysian airlines flight or an AirAsia plane.

The post alleges that an organisation called "The International Black Hand" is behind the disappearance of the airplanes. Black Hand is the term that is understood to be a metaphor for the shadowy organisation that does its work behind the scenes, or it may refer to a number of underground, anarchic organisations, many of which have ties to Islamist groups.

"Black Hand hijacked and shot down MH370 and MH17. This has pretty much killed the 6th largest airline -- Malaysian airline," the post read, according to a loose translation by a Reddit member.

"Now the Black Hand is targeting AirAsia to ruin this airline because it too belongs to Malaysia. Given how powerful the Black Hand is, I suggest that all Chinese planning to travel, should avoid AirAsia, so that you don't disappear like those on MH370," it read.

"You could be happily vacationing, working, or studying aboard, but if you go on Malaysian airline or AirAsia, you're dead, be careful everyone," he warned urging people to inform all their family members and friends to avoid Malaysian airline and AirAsia.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/airasia-flight-qz8501-mysterious-china-man-predicted-disappearance-two-weeks-ago-618574
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 06:17 pm
@katsung47,
I used to work with a man who would daily look at the sky and say, "It's going to pour down rain." After a number of weeks, it would finally rain. "See?" he would say. "I told you it was going to rain."
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 12:02 am
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0KG09L20150109?irpc=932

JAKARTA/PANGKALAN BUN (Reuters) - Indonesia search and rescue teams hunting for the wreck of an AirAsia passenger jet detected pings in their efforts to find the black box recorders on Friday, 12 days after the plane went missing with 162 people on board, an official said.

Santoso Sayogo, an investigator at the National Transportation Safety Committee, said it appeared that the black box was no longer in the tail.

"We received an update from the field that the pinger locator already detected pings," he told Reuters.

"We have our fingers crossed it is the black box. Divers need to confirm. Unfortunately it seems it's off from the tail. But the divers need to confirm the position."

The tail was found on Wednesday, upturned on the sea bed about 30 km (20 miles) from the plane's last known location at a depth of around 30 meters.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 12:06 am
@Butrflynet,
We shall see, the searchers claimed for 4 days that they were almost positive they had heard pings from MH370.
0 Replies

katsung47

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 04:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Rain is popular natural scene. Air crash rarely happens. You can't compare with them. '
'
Original post:

Quote:
马航被搞垮后,黑手又伸向了亚航

楼主:老百姓有自己的乐时间:2014-12-15

国际大黑手把马航MH370和马航MH17劫持和击落后,作为世界第六大航空公司的马航基本垮了,处于要死不活的状态

现在,大黑手又把目标锁定在亚航,一如既往,必须搞垮亚航,因为亚航也属于马来西亚

鉴于黑手的势力过于强大,心肠过于狠毒,建议出行的中国旅客,远离亚航,别成为另一个MH370的牺牲品

http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-worldlook-1339619-1.shtml

Translation;

Quote:
The black hand stretches out onto Air Asia again after Malaysia Airline was brought down.

By: Civilian has his own happiness 2014-12-15

After the hijacking of MH370 and the shooting down of MH17 by the international big black hand, the Malaysia Airline, as the sixth big air company of the world, is basically collapsed – in a dying state.

Now, the big black hand locks at Air Asia. Like usual, Air Asia must be destroyed. Because Air Asia belongs to Malaysia too.

As the power of Black Hand is too strong, and the state of mind is too malicious, I suggest the outgoing Chinese travelers to stay away from Air Asia. Don’t become another sacrifice as of MH370.
katsung47

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 05:45 pm
@katsung47,
Quote:
楼主:老百姓有自己的乐 时间:2014-12-16 21:04:35

远离马航,远离亚航,珍爱生命

http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-worldlook-1339619-1.shtml

Translation:

Quote:
Keep far away from Malaysia airline, precious your life.

The op kept warn people in following days.(12/16 to 12/17). Obviously he got some inside information.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 05:56 pm
I think somebody is tampering with their planes.
0 Replies