Sony Cowardly Caves into Terrorists' Demands

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 04:26 pm
@ossobuco,
It's not much of an issue for me, since I don't use Korean portals, but it's interesting that my students grew up in this heavily censored environment and have never known anything different. I mean, yeah, they can also access non-Korean websites, servers, search engines and whatnot, but those that have the ability and willpower to wade through a foreign language are few, I'd imagine. And once they did that, they still wouldn't be speaking freely to other Koreans about Korea.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 07:29 pm
Well, that was undeniably one of the most films I have ever seen. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/ddpan.gif
roger

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 07:31 pm
@FBM,
Adjective. We need an adjective.
FBM

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 07:41 pm
@roger,
Can't think of one. I'm just sitting here. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/ddpan.gif
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:44 pm
@roger,
The word "most" is used as an adjective by most people.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:45 pm
Let me try again. "Of all the movies I've ever seen, this in undeniably one of them."
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:48 pm
@FBM,
So what is the deal here? You wasted your time but dont want to admit it?
FBM

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 09:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ehhh. I'm not sure it was 100% a waste of time. Now I can say I saw it, I guess. Maybe I'll pass it on to some of my Korean friends and see if they'll sub it in Korean. Then maybe I or they'll give it to one of the groups that float stuff in balloons over the DMZ into the North.
roger

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2014 10:23 pm
@FBM,
Now, that works real well.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:59 pm
@roger,
First and foremost: I have to eat humble pie and admit to the naysayers and critics who were against releasing this infamous comedy because of the terrorist threats laid out if the movie was publicly released. After four days in theaters, the death toll from the subsequent terrorist attacks was far too high.

Sony shouldn't have released the movie at all. They should have buried the film with the nuclear waste in the heavily secured Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository.

The theatrical release wasn't worth the bloodshed. Let's all take a five minute moment of silence for the 18,000 people who were brutally murdered in the coordinated terrorist attack on all 300 movie theaters during the past four days.

I'm so sorry Chai. You were right about the inherent dangers in releasing the film. Crying or Very sad

I now have to find my samurai sword and commit seppuku for my involvement in supporting the theatrical release of the film which caused so many thousands of people to die such violent righteous deaths.

~~~~
Quote:
“The Interview,” the Seth Rogen-James Franco movie comedy at the center of the Sony Pictures hacking scandal, took in a record $15 million from online downloads over its first four days, the studio said Sunday.

http://www.thewrap.com/the-interview-takes-in-record-15-million-from-online-opening/

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 06:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ps. I tried to find a news link to back up the fact that 18000 people were brutally slaughtered in terrorist attacks across the country over the past four days. Couldn't find it. Maybe Chai or Maxdoncadonk could drop in a link as they predicted so much bloodshed if the film was publicly released.

Must be a liberal media driven conspiracy!

Maybe my casualty numbers were off by + or - 18,000.
http://i57.tinypic.com/2hozex5.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:44 am
Quote:
Controversial comedy The Interview has become film company Sony's most-downloaded title of all time, just four days after its release on 24 December.

It was downloaded more than two million times as of 27 December, making back a third of its $44m (£28m) budget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30620926
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 09:19 am
I confess, I haven't been paying attention to the news at all lately. I only heard a little bit about this from my sister-in-law at Christmas dinner. What is it all about? I really don't know enough to look it up on google.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 11:08 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Ehhh. I'm not sure it was 100% a waste of time. Now I can say I saw it, I guess. Maybe I'll pass it on to some of my Korean friends and see if they'll sub it in Korean. Then maybe I or they'll give it to one of the groups that float stuff in balloons over the DMZ into the North.

And, why you want to do that?

What is your personal benefit sending the movie to North Korea?

Do you have envy of North Koreans?

Why?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 11:18 am
@carloslebaron,
You're clueless Carlos. On all counts. The purpose to sneak in an obviously antiNorth Korean/antiKim Jong Un movie is to seed dissidence and revolution to that country. To get the population to overthrow Kim Jong Un. How did you miss that obvious message?? Do you even know anything about the movie discussed in this topic? Or anything about anything that you didn't learn from watching Fox News?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 11:47 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

You're clueless Carlos. On all counts.

Spot on.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 09:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
You're clueless Carlos. On all counts. The purpose to sneak in an obviously antiNorth Korean/antiKim Jong Un movie is to seed dissidence and revolution to that country. To get the population to overthrow Kim Jong Un. How did you miss that obvious message?? Do you even know anything about the movie discussed in this topic? Or anything about anything that you didn't learn from watching Fox News?

I confess I feel a bit of trepidation about sending copies over the border by balloon. Would any North Koreans end up getting executed if they were caught in possession of the movie?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 10:28 pm
@oralloy,
Keeping the status quo permanently in place has its own dangers.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 10:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Keeping the status quo permanently in place has its own dangers.

On the other had any North Korean found with such contraband is surely killed, and probably tortured too. What is the moral culpability of the ones who tried to put the contraband into his/her hands?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:16 am
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

Quote:

And, why you want to do that?

If I thought it'd help bring down the regime by puncturing their propaganda, I'd do it. I've thought about it, though, and I doubt it woud do any good. I read in a local paper today that a Korean has expressed his plan to do so, though.

[quoteWhat is your personal benefit sending the movie to North Korea?[/quote]

Why would I need any?

Quote:
Do you have envy of North Koreans?

Why?
[/quote]

Envy? That's a bizarre question, given the context. What would I have to envy of the NKeans? I feel compassion towards them, sympathy, but envy? I don't see your angle.