Sony Cowardly Caves into Terrorists' Demands

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 11:50 am
‘The Interview’ To Stream on YouTube, Google Play, Xbox in Unique Sony Release
http://www.thewrap.com/sony-youtube-interview-streaming-deal-in-the-works-report
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 01:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
Once again? I am wrong. Not an uncommon thing.

http://i57.tinypic.com/juwdfn.jpg
I got me ticket! I got me ticket!
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 03:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
I got me ticket! I got me ticket!

Cool! I hope you enjoy the movie.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 03:25 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Cool! I hope you enjoy the movie.

Is that possible? I heard that it sucks big time.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 04:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Is that possible? I heard that it sucks big time.

Well, it's not my kind of movie, so I couldn't judge. If it isn't Star Wars/Star Trek/Lord of the Rings/Hobbit (or something close to those movies thematically), I'm unlikely to go see it.

Looks like Disney's going to be milking me of a lot of money on the Star Wars front. Another trilogy, plus two Han Solo spinoff movies, plus conversion of the "original six" to 3D for another round in the theaters.

Anyway, from what I understand of this North Korea movie, it'll be something like a Saturday Night Live skit made into a movie. If someone is into SNL, maybe they'll like the movie.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 09:23 pm
I wonder...

The releasing of this movie is announced as "freedom has won, freedom has prevailed", and so forth.

The president Obama showed himself as a defender of freedom of speech.

In the movie "The Interview", freedom of speech means making a joke about an attempt to kill the current North Korean leader.

If the release of this movie is an indication that one can make jokes of killing someone, then elementary school students can now enjoy writing as jokes that they will kill their teachers and these students won't be expelled of school.

Same as well, any individual has now the right to write or make a video joking of how to kill their wife, their neighbor, their authorities, because after all, such is how "freedom has won, freedom has prevailed" against the ones who want to stop this "right".

We must give thanks to Sony, the indirect pioneer of the enforcement of the right of freedom of speech which includes saying "jokes" without receiving penalties, like crying loud "BOMB!" as a joke in the airport, the school, the train station, and be free of being arrested.

Freedom indeed has "prevailed".

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 09:41 pm
@carloslebaron,

I will be shocked if this movie has 2% of the funny of this 20 minutes of Carlin.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 10:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 10:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlkxrNlp10[/youtube]

I will be shocked if this movie has 2% of the funny of this 20 minutes of Carlin.

Agreed one brazillion percent. As a matter of fact, that 20-minute clip has been the high point of my day so far. Thanks for that. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/cheers.gif
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 10:17 pm
@FBM,
I saw the movie. It is pretty stupid. I think it would be OK if you pay the $5.99 to make a point, you don't have to waste 2 hours of your life watching the thing (actually there was 5 minutes that did make me laugh... a cameo... I don't want to say more until you all have seen it).
FBM

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 10:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Gracias for not spoiling it. I don't expect much. Maybe if I set the bar low enough, it'll be worth the watch.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 10:27 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Gracias for not spoiling it. I don't expect much. Maybe if I set the bar low enough, it'll be worth the watch.

I suspect that the trick is to set the bar low enough that you can sit through the whole thing. After you see it let us know please
FBM

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2014 10:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Will do...
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 09:17 am
Making conspiracy theories.

30 years ago, a group of filmmakers made a movie in the jungle of Venezuela, where cannibals live at.

They created a fake war between two tribes and at the end of the "documentary" the filmmakers also died. One can see the head of the dude with the camera rolling on the floor while the camera fell on the surface and kept filming by itself.

In order to make this "documentary" more "realistic", the filmmakers invented their dead, by paying some news reporters to write in newspapers and broadcast on TV that their rests and the camera were found in the jungle of Venezuela.

This is to say, they invented a previous dramatic dead by cannibals, and later the release of the film became a success because people were curious to watch what the "documentary" was about.

Lets assume that the film "The Interview" itself is pure crap -as usual- and that will pass by almost unnoticed by the people, with low rate and lots of indifference to it.

But, inventing an attack on it, as prohibiting its release, this action surely will call the attention of this movie at international level.

Having this successful lie to become credible, the purpose of this movie to attack the regime of North Korea will be the expected accomplished goal.

And I wonder, why people live with so much envy against the style of life of other cultures? Is not the US the greatest in the world? Why to envy the success of North Korea, a country which is not freedom friendly but that is sending satellites to outer space and has nukes as any other greater nation in the world?

We know by fact that North Korea will never ever attempt to attack the US, this is a fact. Why to provoke against them? Is this a way to spread "freedom around the world" by making mockeries on others?

Hmmm...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 10:35 am
Poll: Would you see The Interview?
http://www.imdb.com/poll/nlZFb_FXKjA/?ref_=po_ho
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 10:48 am
@tsarstepan,

What did you think of the movie?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 10:53 am
@Frank Apisa,
I haven't seen it yet. Will be seeing it on Sunday.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 10:58 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I haven't seen it yet. Will be seeing it on Sunday.

I'm getting really old. I thought today was Monday.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
S'alright. Holiday weeks also throw my inner calendar off a bit. Too many days off.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 11:24 am
@tsarstepan,
I read that NUMBER OF Sony game platforms were hacked on Christmas. Now the N KOREANS have gone too far, they've pissed off a bunch of 14 year old gamers.