Defanging the misogyny tag (an act of protest)

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 02:40 am
@Lordyaswas,
School is not the right term for it, he was instructed by someone who trained performing pigs who famously remarked, "Dang if that ain't the dumbest, stupidest, pig I eva' did see, I'm a Chinaman. An' I ain't"
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:49 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
All the more hilarious that you chose to publically announce the probable contents

Publicly.

And please be careful with that probe, in all likelihood it will take someone's eye out.

In the interim, has oral secreted something about his person.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 04:32 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
All the more hilarious that you chose to publically announce the probable contents of a PM to someone then.
Did you go to the wikileaks school for spies?

Is this one of those things where you are being childish and petty (like on the gun threads)?

Well, maybe not. I'll answer seriously I guess.

My public declaration of the PM's purpose did not divulge any of the specific tactics that were mentioned in the PM. No tactics were compromised by my public comment.

It did, however, serve to clarify what the purpose of the PM was, so that no one would bother themselves wondering about it.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 04:34 am
@Miss L Toad,
Miss L Toad wrote:
In the interim, has oral secreted something about his person.

Come again?

But now that you have me thinking about concealment, I wonder if a CCW license could be used in conjunction with an AOW shotgun. That would be an interesting choice if it's allowed.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:44 am
@oralloy,
Why are you taking the bait Oralloy?

This isn't a very important argument to have. The mob is poking you with pointy sticks and there are more of them then you. It isn't worth it.

Just drop it. They will calm down and find something else with which to amuse themselves.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:25 am
@maxdancona,
You just can't help sucking up to your new best buddy.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:26 am
@izzythepush,
You can be my buddy too, Izzy. There is no need to be jealous.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:30 am
@maxdancona,
I could never be friends with someone who sucks up to a piece of lowlife that fantasises about killing babies.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:33 am
@izzythepush,
You can have whatever stupid personal spat you want. I don't care. Just don't expect me to join in. I am here for reasonable discussions on topics that interest me.

I see no difference between you and Oralloy. You are both people who post here and sometimes say something I agree with.

Right now, Oralloy is acting much more reasonably than you are.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:38 am
@maxdancona,
Don't compare me to that lowlife piece of ****.

I see no difference between you and someone who fantasises about killing babies, or wants to legalise rape, or hangs about in parks with a box of kittens trying to attract small children, or someone who allows his kids to be abused by a paedophile. You should fit right in with that group, because you're just like them.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:46 am
Why even have tags, other than from the categories? (SPAM might become a category)

I see that some are judgmental and downright crude. Persoal opinions should be left out.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:47 am
@izzythepush,
I like you Izzy.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:48 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Tags are intended to be the classification system of the site.

They are used so that the members can find topics of interest to them, they are used in Google when searchers find A2K, and they are used by the A2K software to aggregate topics into the 'related topics' that you see at the bottom of many topics.

They are not intended to be used for editorializing about people and opinions that we don't like.

Thank you.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I see no difference between [izzythepush] and Oralloy.

You don't have all the facts, Max.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:54 am
@maxdancona,
Clearly not if you're comparing me to that. So much for not insulting anyone. Comparing me to Oralboy is the worst insult imaginable.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:55 am
@Kolyo,
Unfortunately I think he does. It's all just part of his passive aggressive façade.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 05:44 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
I see no difference between [izzythepush] and Oralloy.

You don't have all the facts, Max.

Indeed. Izzythepush supports horrific atrocities against innocent people.

I, on the other hand, strive to defend the innocent from the monsters who persecute them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 05:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Why are you taking the bait Oralloy?
This isn't a very important argument to have. The mob is poking you with pointy sticks and there are more of them then you. It isn't worth it.
Just drop it. They will calm down and find something else with which to amuse themselves.

You're probably right. I just instinctively answer posts that are directed at me.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 08:00 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

"What is funny is that he is disagreeing with himself."

That's funny?

Are you German?

Watch it, Spanky!!
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:38 am
@maxdancona,
Excellent topic for a thread Max.

Quote:
I've been outed as the perpetrator of the recent upsurge in the 'misogyny' tag

"Misogyny"/"Misogynist" is the current marxist speak that's the equivalent to "Heretic".

It is propagandist jargon plain and simple. The only reason it holds meaning to the masses is because the masses are mind numbingly stupid and brainwashed.

Quote:
The tags that are personal attacks cross a line from informational to uncivil. They are an anonymous slap in the face, and they work as a form of group pressure to weed out unpopular opinions before people even have the chance to read them.

Yes. Burn the heretic at the stake. And izzythpush is the single biggest offender of tag abuse on A2K.

Quote:
The 'misogyny' tag is a perfect example of this. There is a fairly popular group on Able2Know with a set of opinions. The most reasonable discussion addressing any of these opinions in a way that diverges from the standard opinion gets the 'misogyny' tag automatically. This is not a good thing on a public discussion forum. It is not information at all, most threads that get this tag have nothing to do with 'misogyny' (by any dictionary definition of 'misogyny'). The tag merely due to the fact that the group opinion has been questioned and serves to shut down the discussion.

Absolutely. Everything you're saying here is correct. What's so incredibly ridiculous, is that popular sentiment would have you believe that we live in a society that oppresses women. Not only that, it openly condones oppressing women. But then how would it make any sense at all that using "misogyny" as a derogatory, shaming term would cause any social harm to men who are accused of it? If we live in a patriarchy, then it would reason that this term would hold no ill social effect whatsoever. And yet, men who are accused of being "misogynists" are viewed as social pariahs.

The only other conclusion to be reached is that we in fact do not live in a misogynist patriarchy. We, in fact live in society that protects women above the best interests of, and at the expense of men.
0 Replies