Defanging the misogyny tag (an act of protest)

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:12 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
That comment simply points out how offensive tje phrase "You are a prick" is. She was referring to me by my genitalia.

No she wasn't, calling someone a prick has absolutely nothing to do with their genitalia, in the same way that telling someone to **** off doesn't mean you want them to leave whilst simultaneously having sexual intercourse.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:13 am
@djjd62,
Max loves Oralboy, he never misses an opportunity to suck up to him.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:18 am
@izzythepush,
You are off topic Izzy.

In the thread you are referring to, I attacked your argument as invalid. Obviously this is a statement of my opinion and obviously we disagree on this topic. But that is what makes the discussion interesting.

I am here for interesting discussions. Attacking someone's arguments is part of the game. Attacking someone personally is not.

I would be happy to continue this argument in the other thread, if we could have a reasonable argument, I disappeared from that discussion because I didn't like the tone as the thread deteriorated into a shouting match between you and the people you refer to as "pro-legal rape" supporters.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:19 am
@izzythepush,
Posts like this are the reason that it is very difficult to have reasonable discussions here. This is just an ad-hominem insult with no value.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:36 am
@maxdancona,
More passive aggressive nonsense.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:42 am
@izzythepush,
That's a bit better Izzy. See? You don't have to make a petty personal attack to express your disagreement with their argument.

I love talking with you Izzy.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:47 am
@maxdancona,
No it's not, it's a direct response to you sucking up to Oralboy and you did. Now it's very difficult for a control freak like you to accept this, but you're not the personal arbiter of what is "off topic," or what does offer value. All you have is an opinion, and yours is no different from anyone else's.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:49 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I love talking with you Izzy.

I only wish I could say the same, but I find you rather dull and self centred. You should stick to the science threads, at least there you might know what you're talking about.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 11:11 am
@izzythepush,
Oops Izzy! you are back to personal insults again. If you don't enjoy talking with me, then you always stop... I find talking with you amusing.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 11:35 am
Have you noticed that personal insults, by far, get the most upthumbs here. I am not complaining mind you, I just think it is sociologically interesting. It is evidence of the cliquish behavior here.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 11:44 am
@maxdancona,
It's not an insult, it's blunt speaking. I do find you dull and self centred. I don't find you completely obnoxious, like some posters, but you're not someone whose posts I look forward to.

I don't know why you've got such a downer on feminism. I have to admit it's really got me baffled, and the more you've railed against feminism the more you've convinced me it's all in your head.

The world's not how you want it to be, so you tell it off. You tell us off for insulting people (in a non passive aggressive way,) you tell us off for going off topic. And you tell us off for using tags. Especially the misogyny tag, which is not an insult tag at all and considering your attitude towards woman it's quite appropriate.

So someone tags your threads, big deal, they tag mine as well, and they're a lot more personal than yours. The big difference is I don't have a tantrum about it.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 11:46 am
@maxdancona,
I think it's probably because you're getting on people's tits.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's not an insult, it's blunt speaking. I do find you dull and self centred. I don't find you completely obnoxious, like some posters, but you're not someone whose posts I look forward to.

Of course it is a personal insult. It is childish and it is foolish and it hurts any chance to have a meaningful discussion. Of course you may not want a meaningful discussion, or you may think that one isn't possible with such a dull self-centered person. Yet, you keep interacting with me, obviously you are getting something out of it. I take personal satisfaction in the fact that I refrain from personal insults in spite of your behavior.

It is nice to see that you have such a fan club. I am happy for you.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
The last gasp of Quahog, One Eyed Mind and a few others was, "You must find me interesting otherwise you wouldn't respond to my posts," right before I put them on ignore.

I realised a meaningful discussion with you was impossible after you came out with all that nonsense about feminism being the only ism bothered in effecting social change. When you decided not to bother yourself with Chartism you showed a lack of intellectual curiosity that only strengthened my opinion. (Whenever I come across something unfamiliar I google it, and if I've learnt something I'll acknowledge it.) Then your nonsense about the CPS's figures, and snide comments about me not understanding the flaming obvious, whilst at the same time obliviously arguing against your own position, confirmed it.

13 year old girls are very good at calling people childish, it's a phase most of us grow out of. I'm being honest, you're not. You've called me foolish, childish and stupid whilst at the same time pretending to occupy some purely fictitious moral high ground.

Don't expect anyone else to swallow your bullshit.

Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:31 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
I like it when someone announces to the world that they are going to PM some secrets to another member, rather than just PMing them in private without anyone knowing.
Not done for effect at all.

Making someone aware that a PM is headed their way is indeed an effect.

Your term "secrets" is a bit overblown. Maybe technically true in that tactics are best hidden, lest the enemy adapt to them. But "tactics for combating abusive tags" aren't exactly national secrets or anything.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:32 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
The contention here is that the misogyny tag is being used as an act of retribution and to dampen speech. Isn't banning people from using tags that you don't like also dampening speech? On a thread suggesting rapes aren't real, isn't it reasonable that some person would consider that misogyny? Or one about the evils of feminism? If only one person legitimately feels this way and wants to tag it for themselves, isn't that how the system is supposed to work?

The problem is, the misogyny tags are not reasonable. The people who add those tags to those threads are freaks and degenerate scumbags. And the only point of those tags is to spout name-calling at people who support human rights.

In any case, Max's act of protest here is also an act of free speech.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 09:34 pm
@coldjoint,
-6 The truth hurts doesn't it UKers.
http://www.doomjunkie.com/images/smilies/he%27s%20right.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 02:20 am
Look what the cat just threw up.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 02:34 am
@oralloy,
Oral says: ......"Your term "secrets" is a bit overblown. Maybe technically true in that tactics are best hidden, lest the enemy adapt to them. But "tactics for combating abusive tags" aren't exactly national secrets or anything."

All the more hilarious that you chose to publically announce the probable contents of a PM to someone then.

Did you go to the wikileaks school for spies?