Apparently women are smarter than men according to Michelle Obama

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 01:31 am
So, this is a story that's about a week old now, but it's really been bothering me.

Apparently Michelle Obama felt the need to put down men's intelligence (complete with an eye roll).

So I guess it's completely OK to insult and belittle the intelligence of an entire gender...

I guess it's completely OK to make a blatantly sexist statement if you're a woman... That's not misandry AT ALL!

Not to mention, let's add up all the inventions and innovations created/instigated by both men and women, and see which gender has made the most intelligent contributions to society!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 6,901 • Replies: 53
Topic Closed

nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 02:14 am
@nononono,
Inventions/innovations created/discovered by men (and NOT by women!) off the top of my head:

1) Electricity
2) Airplanes
3) The internet
4) iPhones
5) Peanut butter
6) The Atom
7) Gravity
8) Television
9) The printing press
10) The wheel! (OK, maybe not sure here...)

...just off the top of my head!
nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 02:16 am
@nononono,
...and yet women sure LOVE to use/benefit from all these inventions/discoveries!

Those stupid men!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 06:37 am
@nononono,
You probably should be quiet now .... you're kicking an own goal.
nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:16 am
@Pearlylustre,
http://connectrelatenetwork.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/goal.jpg
nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:21 am
@nononono,
^ ...the goal of pissing off misandrist, sexist, bigots! Very Happy

maxdancona

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 08:01 am
@nononono,
I don't get the point of this thread.
Pearlylustre

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 02:42 pm
@nononono,
You keep doing it. You don't understand 'own goal'?
cicerone imposter

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 03:14 pm
@nononono,
That you would let one woman's put down of men shows you need to 'grow up!'

nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 06:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That you would let one woman's put down of men shows you need to 'grow up!'

That you don't recognize that the first lady of the US isn't just "one woman" shows how out of touch you are with reality.

That you can't recognize what a harmful message it is for any boys who hear it shows how complicit you are in it's damage.

cicerone imposter

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 06:47 pm
@nononono,
Yes, she's just one woman. What makes you think women are smarter than men based on what the first lady said?

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 07:17 pm
A female warship captain was sacked here in Plymouth last week for having a shipboard romance with a male officer, apparently it upset the old geezers at the Admiralty who stated "it was detrimental to the efficiency of the vessel".
I can't see why myself because surely she could have kept an eye on the radar screen over his shoulder while they were at it

0 Replies

nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 09:01 pm
@Pearlylustre,
How am I scoring a goal against myself? (I don't watch soccer, had to look this up.)

Pointing out that misandry goes as high up as the first lady (and president) is important to note.

0 Replies

nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 09:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Yes, she's just one woman.

Yep, just one of the most powerful women in the world.

But her putting down men isn't sending a harmful message to society and specifically impressionable boys and girls AT ALL! (This is sarcasm by the way, I know you have a hard time understanding things sometimes.)

Quote:
What makes you think women are smarter than men based on what the first lady said?

I don't. At all. In fact there have been more great minds/intellectuals that were/are male than there have been that were/are female.

Take a look at the people who invented/discovered all the things I listed above. None were female. And those are just 10 things. I'm NOT saying there aren't female intellectuals or female inventors, but there are/were more that are male.
cicerone imposter

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 09:09 pm
@nononono,
Back-tracking on your op; a BIG loser. She's not all that powerful; maybe influential to politicians and some naive folks. Obama's ratings has been tanking.
nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 09:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
She's not all that powerful; maybe influential to politicians and some naive folks. Obama's ratings has been tanking.

So, a 10 year old black girl or a 10 year black boy who sees the first lady put down men are supposed to care or even understand if Obama's ratings are low?

Little black kids who look up to the president and first lady because they're the first black president and first black first lady EVER are supposed to understand things like ratings?

So it's a good message for little black kids to see the first lady put down men's intelligence like that???

Because black women NEVER EVER put down black men everywhere else in society on a daily basis! Of course not!

Great message to send to impressionable children Mrs. Obama!! Thanks bitch!!

cicerone imposter

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:21 pm
@nononono,
Are you a little black boy? You're not even a good imitation! They're smarter than you are.
nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Are you a little black boy?

I'm a black man. And I grew up seeing black women putting men down EVERYWHERE.

If you honestly think that it's in ANY way acceptable to further stereotypes, or that it's in ANY way acceptable to denigrate an entire gender, then you are part of the problem.
cicerone imposter

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:33 pm
@nononono,
Sure, accuse me all you want! I still say 'little black boys' are smarter than you! THAT'S A FACT.

You're the one who brought up race; not me!
nononono

Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're the one who brought up race; not me!

BECAUSE IT'S RELEVANT TO THIS TOPIC!

I'm not accusing you of racism.

I am however accusing you of either being senile or an idiot.

I'm also flat out telling you that if you're not willing to condemn Mrs. Obama for denigrating men, then you are complicit in the effects of her sexism.

I'm done wasting my time on your idiocy. You're blocked.