The media reaction to Elliot Rogers is just wrong

Mon 26 May, 2014 12:35 am
One of the reasons there is so much opposition to feminism is because it takes the actions of ONE man and blames them on supposed attitudes of ALL men.

By that rationale, the lady below is reason enough to consider ALL women misandrists and foster an environment where we had better teach our daughters not to kill men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aileen_Wuornos

There are PLENTY of women out there who hate men. Just like there are plenty of men who hate women. It's a two way street even if the media chooses to ignore that.

This shooting is FAR less about quote unquote "misogyny" (even if he did hate women), and MUCH MORE about entitlement. He was a RICH little **** whose father was a Hollywood director. He had everything in life handed to him and expected even more.

This is NOT a call to rally around man hating feminist ideology. Nothing is going to get through to anyone today though because the women who died are being held as martyrs, and the men who died just happened to be "unlucky". Even though he killed 4 men (double the amount of women killed) Does anybody care about those men?!?

You can twist things however you want. The point is that if feminism was really about equality, the word itself WOULD NOT be exclusionary.

Hatred is a REALLY ugly thing. The fact is that feminism is destined to fail; just like racism and homophobia are. And that's because it's rooted in hatred.

I will NEVER let ANYONE demonize, demoralize, denigrate, and/or marginalize myself or ANYONE else simply because they were born with a penis. I will NEVER accept that simply because I disagree with a woman or with feminism that I am a "misogynist" or a "rapist" or that there is ANYTHING wrong with wanting men's rights to be addressed with the same precedence and priority as women's are.

I believe that men's issues should be just as much of a priority in society as women's issues are. Being that men: 1) are MORE likely to be victims of violence of ANY sort (INCLUDING domestic violence). 2) Are FORCED to register for selective service while females ARE NOT. 3) Are MUCH more likely to die of suicide than women are. 4) are MUCH more likely to to be incarcerated in criminal court than women are. 5) Statistically are discriminated against in child custody/divorce hearings.

Elliot Rogers does NOT represent all men, just as Ailleen Wurnos does not represent all women.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,809 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

nononono

Mon 26 May, 2014 01:43 am
@nononono,
**I spelled his name wrong in the title. It's Elliot RODGER.
FOUND SOUL

Mon 26 May, 2014 02:52 am
@nononono,
Quote:
He was a RICH little **** whose father was a Hollywood director. He had everything in life handed to him and expected even more.

Got to reply to yours, you replied to mine Smile

I don't think at all that he was a rich little ****. In fact, they gave him simple gifts such as X Box and WOW games. They sent him overseas purely to try to bring him out of his shell, staying with relatives. He recalls his Father downsizing after the Divorce.

His step Mother appears to have contributed to this hate in my opinion.

His Mother gave him the car. His mother gave him the sun glasses, a gold chain that's the extent of his spoiltness.

He actually bought lottery tickets to try to be rich.

Perhaps we could copy and paste onto the other...
nononono

Mon 26 May, 2014 03:03 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Nobody else seems to want to reply to my thread. That's fine because you got the scoop on the subject Very Happy

If I feel I need to express my original statement, I may just copy and paste the statement or portions of it in your thread because that seems to be where the discussion is.

I apologize for any confusion Smile
FOUND SOUL

Mon 26 May, 2014 03:23 am
@nononono,
Don't sweat it, could have been the other way around Smile

I'll copy and paste my reply...

Like the user name by the way
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 26 May, 2014 06:50 am
Any other week, any other decade this would be a "whacko kills randomly" story. But his wealth, his misogyny, his crazy video rant, the gun violence f the last year, attacks on women's rights all add up to a perfect media storm.
0 Replies