THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT HERE . . .

coldjoint

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 02:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Quote:
That was almost as interesting. So, let me ask: Did you have help with that one?

Trying to insult someones intelligence doesn't accomplish anything but changing the subject. Are you tired of discussing "relative" victimhood?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 02:48 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
That was almost as interesting. So, let me ask: Did you have help with that one?

Trying to insult someones intelligence doesn't accomplish anything but changing the subject. Are you tired of discussing "relative" victimhood?

I do not tire easily, cj.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 02:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

What would you like to call it Frank? You are not addressing the subject that the victim is who people choose victim to be, regardless of the facts.

So what will it be? Another update on your stamina?

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

What would you like to call it Frank? You are not addressing the subject that the victim is who people choose victim to be, regardless of the facts.

So what will it be? Another update on your stamina?

That is not the subject of the thread, cj, but even if it were, the statement Max made (who the victim is depends entirely on your point of view) is a very intelligent and insightful statement.

The fact that you disagree with it solidifies that in my mind.

For instance, in the Trayvon Martin killing, most sane people consider Martin to be the victim...but some people actually considered Zimmerman to be the victim.

Try waking up…then post. You will make more sense.

coldjoint

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
For instance, in the Trayvon Martin killing, most sane people consider Martin to be the victim...but some people actually considered Zimmerman to be the victim.

Most sane people would realize that color does not make the criminal, the action itself does.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 03:38 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Most sane people would realize that color does not make the criminal, the action itself does.

I think I have responded to the many questions you've put to me, cj...and any further discussion on this side-track might be considered disruptive of the thread. If you want to discuss this elsewhere...fine by me. No more here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 08:46 pm
@maxdancona,
First, there are no "troll trials," and everyone has to decide that on their own. I've made clear my criterion for a troll.

Second, i could not agree more that trolls can only operate if other people respond to them. If you don't feed them, they go away.

Flaming is so common here, that you'd lose about a third of posts. People like cold beef patty do nothing but flame other members.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:00 pm

Speaking of "flaming"...here is a post of Setanta's that I accidentally came across today while researching something:

Quote:
Why don't you shove that "arts major" horseshit up your prissy, anal retentive ass, you arrogant, conceited bitch. You don't know what i studied at university because i have refused to play that snotty game with you.

http://able2know.org/topic/141106-535#post-5749683

The topic of the thread was "atheism."

"Flaming" is engaging in personal attacks during or instead of discussing the topic at hand.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:00 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
First, there are no "troll trials," and everyone has to decide that on their own

You must miss all of the lobbying. Firefly just did it in the college rape thread to me yesterday.

Quote:
First, there are no "troll trials," and everyone has to decide that on their own
This assumes that you are correct that they are trolls. I have been called a troll hundreds of times yet I am still here, because I never was a troll in the first place.

Quote:
Flaming is so common here, that you'd lose about a third of posts.
There are too many here who dont have the ability to make arguments, and there are also too many people here that are so emotionally high strung that they cant take in an idea without taking it personally. All of this flaming is proof of the weakness of the individuals behind the avatars. Unfortunately this reflects the state of America right now.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:09 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
People like cold beef patty do nothing but flame other members.

Not true. I have done quite a bit of informed messaging about Islam and progressive tactics. Of course going against the grain is something you don't do.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

You must miss all of the lobbying. Firefly just did it in the college rape thread to me yesterday.

No, unfortunately you are enamored with your crotch and the idea that all females are your personal lower extremity spittoons. Firefly has been so patient, and informative, but you are too much of a coward to really accept the help she offers. Personally, I'd be happy watching you circling the bowl. But that's because you and I understand what type of excrement you are. I pity you, and yet I don't know why.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:46 pm
By the way, trolls are not the topic of this thread, for as much as the rape hysteric wants to make it the topic.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 01:14 am
@Setanta,
I must admit to being a bit gobsmacked when I first came here and saw that there were actually some modern people who totally believed the whole creation thing and wouldn't hear otherwise.

There was even an Englishman among them, which was a shock, and I'm being serious.

I remember entering a thread, thinking that I knew it all, and advising fm not to bother as the other side will just dismiss what he says.

Me advising fm. Total cringe city when I think back. I had no idea at the time that he was (and is) probably one of the most intelligent people here.

My belated apologies, fm.

I think that same thread is still going.
Wilso

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 01:33 am
my ignore button is well used.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 01:36 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Unfortunately this reflects the state of America right now.

Not just America
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:52 am
@Lordyaswas,
Actually, after a decade of this bollocks, that really wasn't bad advice. They weren't listening ten years ago, and they're not listening now.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:09 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

By the way, trolls are not the topic of this thread, for as much as the rape hysteric wants to make it the topic.

I suppose at some point...you are going to tell us what the topic of this thread actually is.

By the way, you used the word "troll" three times in your introductory comments...so it is understandable that people might get the (mistaken?) impression that "trolls" ARE the topic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:25 am
The word "we" was used four times. Razz
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:28 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordy,

The only "Englishman" I ever hear come close to that...was Spendius...and he did not actually deny evolution. (Sometimes it was impossible to figure out exactly what he was supporting or denying, but I personally never remember him saying "evolution" was impossible.)

He, as I, seemed to open his mind to the notion that there could be a GOD...and if there could be a GOD...then there could be intelligent design. I do not like to speak for him, but both he and I acknowledge that if intelligent design actually is the fact...the "intelligent design" IS EVOLUTION.

IF there is a GOD...the way the GOD made us into what we are...is through the process of evolution in some form (which is the process science is investigating and discovering.)

Spendius was not, as I remember it, one of the people who advocated for the 6000 year old planet with people being made out of clay.

In any case, Setanta suggests that there is a long time member who actually "attacks the idea of evolution on a regular basis"...and that any regular should know to whom he is referring.

I do not know. Do you?

Does anybody?

And does anybody have any idea of what the topic of this thread is?

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:30 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The word "we" was used four times. Razz

Wink

Are you suggesting the topic of this thread is "we?" (Or "us?")

Do you know who the long term member is who regularly denies evolution?

Do you know what the topic of this thread is?