THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT HERE . . .

Wilso

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 04:43 am
@InkRune,
InkRune wrote:

Im confused. Are you talking about Evolutionists or Christians?

There's no such thing as an evolutionist.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:18 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
evolution is increasingly looking like a half baked theory. Now they are talking about the building blocks of life being deposited by comet strikes..

The only thing that's half baked is you. You hear a little bit of something, get it wrong and then start talking nonsense.

As this planet is rocky then water had to come from somewhere. For a long time it was believed it came from comets, but the data from comet 67P shows its water contains about three times more deuterium than water on Earth. Edgar started a thread on it.

http://able2know.org/topic/262032-1

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:44 am
I personally think that the people who come online to rant in favor of creation are people who either are genuinely motivated by a belief in the so-called culture wars--that are combating an evil which threatens the nation; or that they are those cynical creeps who exploit such points of view.

As for the trolls who come along to deny anything and everything, attention whoring is their obvious motive.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:47 am
@izzythepush,
You're way over Whackeye's head now--and you can fly pretty low and still accomplish that. He's just attention whoring now. He becomes more troll-like every year.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:51 am
@Setanta,
This is my favourite Hawkism, and proof that spellcheck is no protection against stupidity.

Quote:
Zimmerman seems to have a knack for getting into bazaar situations.

http://able2know.org/topic/239161-15#post-5764333
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:57 am
@izzythepush,
We went to a Chrissmass bizarre yesterday
FBM

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 06:14 am
People who point to the gaps in science, I just keep offering them the opportunity to present something better. No takers so far. But maybe one day.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 06:39 am
@farmerman,
That is a pretty weird holiday, huh?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:23 am
@FBM,
Apparently the noodly appendaged god of the Pastafarians has fallen out of favor.
I speak of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Sauce be upon him.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:26 am
@farmerman,
That sounds very pecuniary.
FBM

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:28 am
@farmerman,
Ramen.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:35 am
@izzythepush,
you know, theres a gme idea in there. One prson uses a "homophone" in a sentence by mistake and the respondant uses the real word incorrectly while installing another badly used word . Your "pecuniary" v" Peculiarly " would be a good candidate.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:41 am
@farmerman,
I know, I think I may need a lie down after all that effort.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:58 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Apparently the noodly appendaged god of the Pastafarians has fallen out of favor.

I sure you mean fallen out of flavor.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:10 am
Any atheist who denies the possibility of intentional design...is being as hard-headed as any creationist insisting on that mythology.

When the question asked was: "...do you mean Christians or creationists," my thought was...the better question would be "do you mean "creationists or strong atheists."
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 10:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ahhhh, Frank, good thing youre here, I needed to be reminded.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 10:31 am
Big difference between discussing "evolution"...which may or may not have a GOD component (of intelligent design)...

...and discussing "creationism"...which requires a GOD.

Most of the controversy on this issue is not the result of trolling...but of honest differences of guesses about the existence of a GOD.

If there is the possibility of a GOD...of course there is the possibility of intelligent design. No logical reason to suppose that what we call "evolution" cannot be the product of intelligent design.

And since the "probability" or "likelihood" of "a GOD exists" and "no GOD exists" cannot logically be determined...

...the probability or likelihood of intelligent design also cannot be determined.

Best thing to do to end the long-term controversial subject that seems to bother or annoy some people here...is to simply acknowledge all that.

Anything past that is nothing more than blind guessing gone amok.

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Best thing to do to end the long-term controversial subject that seems to bother or annoy some people here...is to simply acknowledge all that.

Amen.

But of course all you non-believers are still wrong.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:30 pm
Yes, let Frank's vision dictate the board and all will be well.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 01:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Yes, let Frank's vision dictate the board and all will be well.

I am not asking that I dictate the board, Edgar. Get off that nonsense.

I am making arguments that I think are solid...and germane.

If you disagree with what I am saying...tell me what you disagree with and let's discuss it.

What seems to happen here is that if anyone voices opinions that do not toe the party line...they are deemed to be trolls...or charged with their comments being irrelevant.

I am not a troll...and the thoughts I am sharing are not irrelevant.