THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT HERE . . .

Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:25 am
@Lordyaswas,
Don't get me started on the back garden.

I spread most everything that I read here there.

I have a mint under a dripping tap too due to a penchant.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:28 am
@Miss L Toad,
And I cleared it all up yesterday.

Whilst using the shredder a brass monkey wandered by, looking for something.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:42 am
That made me smile.

Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:42 am
@Lordyaswas,
Whether one can be believed is too much frisson for mine or your monkey.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:44 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Re: Setanta (Post 5833749)

Quote:
-they are here whoring for attention, and they attempt to dominate the conversation

Is that why you posted 6 times on this thread? Blowhole.

But it's his thread.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:45 am
@maxdancona,
Max, you set the bar very low. I don't have a unique definition of ridicule, I'm just an English major with a shitload of abridged and unabridged dictionaries. I've observed you using misinformation to undercut legitimate points of view. If I cared enough, I'd pull them up for you. I know you won't do it, but the people who received your lofty disapproval will remember. You used an old trick, somewhat like the sophisticated retort, I know you are but what am I.

You don't recognize faulty logic or weak arguments, you strain your brain to come up with ANYTHING you hope will be a counter to the other statement. Oh, an you wouldn't remark if you had someone on ignore, because you think it's in poor taste. OK, what do you know about poor taste? If I ignore a racist or anti semantic , I'm not denying miller or Pamela their day in the sun, I just choose not to read their (in my view) sick ramblings. The Constitution allows freedom of speech, but it doesn't require me to listen any more than it dictates that I have to see Jerry Boys, buy ANYTHING from The megalomaniacal Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart (anything he sang in Spandex, phooey) Tom Jones, Minnie Ripperton, or bless him Barry Manilow, who did actually perform a few catchy tunes, just nothing I would buy, Copacabana had some promise, for a little bit.

Max, it's still time for you to become a big girl, but it will only work if you want it too. Then you can become a big boy.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 01:55 am
@Lordyaswas,
I knew immediately if not sooner that I should never have mentioned frisson a head on a post to you. That cold?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:05 am
As i've already said, the trolls are attention whores, who wish to dominate the conversation. The reason i nominate evolution as the most controversial subject here is that we've been over this ground again and again for a decade--the only topic i can think of which has been discussed longer is the agnostic/atheist squabble, and that has been sporadic. Rape has only recently become a hot topic here--it certainly has not been constantyl discussed for ten years or more.

Of course people are free to disagree with me, but as far as rape goes, it has not been a constant topic of discussion for ten years. As a topic, it's popularity wanes and waxes.

EDIT: When Whackeye first showed up here, he ranted about statutory rape and age of consent laws--not the same thing at all as the rape issues with which people have briefly and recently been obsessed.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:15 am
I think immigration takes third. This also gets into multiculturalism, law, the question of having standards, politics, global politics, states rights, the role of the nation, class, who runs this country, why cant our schools put out enough high skilled workers or do they and the capitalists the politicians lie about it, and much more.

Complicated and tangled...we argue heatedly about this knot of yarn a lot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:23 am
If you click on "evolution" as a forum (from the tags put on threads), you get 13 pages of threads. If you click on "rape" as a forum, there are four pages of threads.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:31 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

If you click on "evolution" as a forum (from the tags put on threads), you get 13 pages of threads. If you click on "rape" as a forum, there are four pages of threads.

And which one was more active in the last year? You gotta factor in numbers of posts, Hell, the rape thread is over 10,000 I think.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:33 am
The evolution threads have been active continuously for ten years or longer.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:34 am
Wandel's "Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?" thread has more than 20,000 replies, almost 21,000.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:44 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
EDIT: When Whackeye first showed up here, he ranted about statutory rape and age of consent laws--not the same thing at all as the rape issues with which people have briefly and recently been obsessed.

you fail to remember correctly. I also said that my wife had been abused for years as a child, that the babysitter's brother got to my kids, that I had for year been deeply involved with online survivor gathering spots but recently before coming here had been kicked out primarily because I insist that a survivor is not healed until and unless they forgive the abuser, and that my views on AOC were part of my ideas for reform on how we deal with sex and the erotic so that maybe we can cut down on the number of victims. My talking about AOC was very related to the subjects of sexual assault and victim culture that came after that.
Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:47 am
@hawkeye10,
Bullsh*t.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 03:55 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Bullsh*t.

The conversation never progressed because I was instantly faced with a mob who had the nutty idea that I must want to **** kids, and on that stupid assumption set to work to either get me to leave or have me thrown out. Me fighting off the mob and then fighting for free speech diverted me from what I had wanted to talk about.

I am still wanting that conversation, but considering how hard it is to show people that the feminists campus rape hysteria is a hoax I am not optimistic. When it comes to power in sex peoples brains shut down, and we cant cure sexual assault until re understand and work with how power works in sex. We are not spiritually or intellectually ready to solve sexual assault. Right now what we do is spend our time trying to police sex and hitting people we decide that we dont like.
Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 04:04 am
@hawkeye10,
Oh yeah, Whackeye, the free speech warrior. You're a legend in your own mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 04:05 am
The topic is which is the most controversial subject here--i don't see that you've made a case that that topic is rape.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 05:53 am
To me, number two seems to be right versus left politics. Anything that smacks of social issues is automatically divided by liberal/conservative leaning.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 05:57 am
@roger,
I was looking back at all my topics and things the other day -- and this by far had more hits than any other - it was well over 100,000.
0 Replies