The Game that Nobody Understands Game

smog

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 03:35 pm
"You can look deep into my eyes, like I was a supermodel."
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 03:39 pm
.. and under the hash browns, the fat gurgled and simmered with a plashing kind of roar...
...marbles rolled down the slide, into the mouth of the stuffed bull terrier waiting at the bottom ...
...molten wax spread over his fingers, and Tracy stroked his buttocks tentatively, lightly ...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 03:41 pm
http://www.bitwaste.com/wasted-bits/archives/michael-jackson-monkey.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 03:55 pm
big blue fluffy flowers
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 04:06 pm
Ooooooh, the Chicago Manual of Style came in the mail today! Yummmmmm.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 04:06 pm
http://pinafore.www3.50megs.com/l-tunks.jpg

This is my Great-Uncle Leicester, who was a baritone in the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 04:17 pm
The Portobello Pizza, courtesy of the South Beach Diet, looks quite disgusting.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 04:27 pm
yes i, i, i dont know really. dont know really. no sirree, i dont know. perhpas its just those ... those ... moons. whte moons. cause its a really bright nighth, outside, you know that? i know it ... cause <whispers> cause somebody told me ALL about it. they had - <purses lips> - they had beautioful pictures and rainbows and black beauty was there and spiderman and i dont know, but it was very beautifl. <nods>.

and now i have to go to sleep, i think i have to go to sleep. but i cant sleep. i can never sleep. i just see pictures and words and lots of different words and i think of words to forget the pictures. i write a lot of them, and i read a lot of them, and then i dont have to think. anymore. <silent> la-de-daah ... la-de-daah ... my friend said, my friend said to me, drive - no thats a poem. for chrissakes and look where you're going, jim.

la-de-daah!! i am so sad. and i dont really know why. <confused>. just because - oh there's the chocolate sprinkles, i still have to clear away - aWAY ... chocolate sprinkles. and mice. and ... and ... there's sticky tape on the table, and there's pins, and a microphone, and three tapes and a phone which sometimes doesnt work. that really sucks, when that happens. <nods>. then i cant hear, suddenly - they leave, their voices i mean. and there's a lot of papers i still need to do something with, and a cookie tin, old. old cookie tin. i like my cookie tin ... <whispers>.

did you, did you ..? <shakes head, annoyed> BUZZ. buzz in my head. i dont want no buzz <sad> buzz buzz buzz buzz-buzz in your eardrum. i knew someone who had noise in her head sometimes. i dont really have noise in my head. not a buzz. its just this feeling, like everything falls into scattered pieces. like all the world, sometimes, it breaks into tiny shards and they all fall down at my feet. and theres nothing behind them. i dont understand! ... <plaintive>

i want to go away. perhaps i should go away. but i have to sleep now. sing a song for sleeping by ... its time / to say / goodnight ... no. no. thats not how it goes, no <shakes head>

<opens music player> <fiddles with it> the sound doesnt work! why doesnt, why doesnt it want to work? <panic>

<finds the right switch on volume control, crooner and thirties music resound from the speakers>

<someone who's not there calls out: "its henry hall, dear people! henry hall!">

<sways with the music, hums along>

its time to say goodnight
and its time to close your eyes
lets put out the light
till the dawn breaks through the skies
while long shadows creep
may your dreams be sweet and bright
in a moment you'll be sound asleep
its time to say goodnight

<sways with the music>

<crawls up on the big sofa, with a little blanket and closed, closed eyes. the world will stop ... it will. dont you worry, kid ... don't you worry.>

<waves goodnight>
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:00 pm
Bravo!

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 06:04 pm
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 02:48 am
(drĂ²m, did you write that? Because it is great fun to read and well written.)

Following high school, at the end of my last summer at home, fifty people showed up at my house (I counted). I still have the pictures. I wasn't having a party; there was no alcohol involved. People just gathered there. A few of us had seen some girls at a gas station when I was trying to find "decent" cigars; they came over with free Cubans for me. They brought their friends. Others just knew that you could often find people at my house. Friends from elementary school just blended in with friends from high school. Since then, the furniture in the big room has changed, the walls have been painted, and I hardly see most of those people.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 02:52 am
(I did, Smog, it was just a random little story that I may finish one day.)

(Did you write yours? I found it interesting, and I'm wondering what could happen next... if that were the start of a book, anything could...)

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 02:58 am
http://www.worldhelloday.org/Jimmy_Carter.jpg
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:14 am
(I enjoyed it! You should finish it up.)

(I was just looking at a picture of that night and wrote that. Nothing special, and not the start of a story. Just a 5-AM-vodka-coffee-buzz rambling.)
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:15 am
I have two toenails that bother me more than the others. Coincidentally, they are both next to their respective big toes.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:25 am
(I will then. I thought that it was a stupid little story, but I'll carry it on, now.)

(O, cool. Vodka followed by coffee in quick succession? Was it a true anecdote?)

0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:34 am
(Wonderful!)

(Vodka-based drinks followed an hour or so later by coffee. And yes, it was true.)
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:35 am
http://gprime.net/images/trippy/trippy.gif
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 03:36 am
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 06:26 am
Going to bed, despite the facts that the sun is just hitting my pillow and I feel too awake for sleep right now. But sometimes, I let whatever bit of good judgment I have take over.
0 Replies