cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:15 pm
@fresco,
Or what is is, or it's only a guess.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 10:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, you refer to the "reality of existence." I cannot help but read that as "the existence of reality" (dyslexic?) which points to the fact that we must unavoidably respond to each other's statements interpretively. For example, I could interpret your use of "whatever" as a transcendence of dualism. Instead of chooseing between metaphysical opposites you could assert "whatever"--or even "whichever" and "whereever." But I suspect you would disagree.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 10:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, you refer to the "reality of existence." I cannot help but read that as "the existence of reality" (dyslexic?) which points to the fact that we must unavoidably respond to each other's statements interpretively. For example, I could interpret your use of "whatever" as a transcendence of dualism. Instead of chooseing between metaphysical opposites you could assert "whatever"--or even "whichever" and "whereever." But I suspect you would disagree.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 07:52 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Naturally.

(Now what did that mean?)
JLNobody

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 10:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Cool
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:07 am
@JLNobody,
How about I trump in between you two just to say its the same word...
..as for you JL, drop Descartes...it means nothing...just an elaborate trick there.
Fun to read, good initiation, but empty... Wink
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
His glasses emote are a subtle reference to "existence" being closer to the idea of "consciousness" vs "reality" as closer to the idea of "beingness"...so he favours the inversion of the sentence Frank...hence my advise to him to drop Descartes...the famous "I think therefore I am", "Cogito ergo sum"...
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:52 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Got it.

JL and I have been arguing many of these things for many, many years, Fil. There's always a new wrinkle thrown in. This is one of 'em.

BTW...was it you who advocated for the reversal of the cogito ergo sum thingy?

I am, therefore I think?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 10:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
I didn't count who else did but I haven't been doing nothing else along these years in the forum one way or another. So long I believe it is the truth, that is my "job" ! You know what's funny Frank ?...one way or another we all are preachers...the world is full of irony. Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 10:43 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I didn't count who else did but I haven't been doing nothing else along these years in the forum one way or another. So long I believe it is the truth, that is my "job" ! You know what's funny Frank ?...one way or another we all are preachers...the world is full of irony. Wink

Yeah...mostly iron with some silicon, nickel and plain ole rock. Wink
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:40 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil, I agree. Many times I have advocated the dismissal of Descartes, one of Western culture's great miscreants. He might have proclaimed his "great truth" in the passive voice without invoking a spurious agent, "There is thinking" does not necessarily demonstrate a thinker. The "agent-of- thought" behind thought remains to be established experentially not simply presumed logically .
carloslebaron

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 10:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I am, therefore I think?

No, I'm the one who rectified such illogical and obsolete phrase from the past.

We exist first, later we think. And "we" includes you.

"We" includes you, because without you being as existing first, you shouldn't be replying here with your nonsenses about reality.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 10:31 am
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

Quote:

I am, therefore I think?

No, I'm the one who rectified such illogical and obsolete phrase from the past.

I apologize for thinking it was someone else.

Quote:
We exist first, later we think. And "we" includes you.

That certainly appears to be the case, but at one point in time, it appeared the Earth was a pancake flat object around which the rest of the universe revolves.

We were wrong then...and amazing as it may seem to you, you may be wrong now.

Quote:
"We" includes you, because without you being as existing first, you shouldn't be replying here with your nonsenses about reality.

You have no idea if I exist or not...just as I have no idea if you actually exist or not. All of that "other people" stuff may be nothing more than a delusion or illusion.

But it is amusing to hear your thoughts about what is nonsense and what is not. Thank you for that.
Wink

Olivier5

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 10:49 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Fil, I agree. Many times I have advocated the dismissal of Descartes, one of Western culture's great miscreants. He might have proclaimed his "great truth" in the passive voice without invoking a spurious agent, "There is thinking" does not necessarily demonstrate a thinker. The "agent-of- thought" behind thought remains to be established experentially not simply presumed logically .

If selfs do not exist, neither you nor Descartes ever existed, and thus you can't call him a miscreant.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 11:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
That certainly appears to be the case, but at one point in time, it appeared the Earth was a pancake flat object around which the rest of the universe revolves.

Your ignorance about reality also covers your ignorance about history.

Pythagoras and his school, according to Aristotle in De Caelo, described planet earth as a sphere. Even more, Pythagoreans taught that the earth was not the center of the universe.

On the other hand, other philosophers like Anaximenes, Anaximander, and Democritus, thought of a flat earth, but even Aristotle disagreed with them.
Aristotle also thought of earth as a sphere, and inclusive he thought as the whole universe as having spherical figure. His mistake was to think that the earth was static and the rest orbiting around it.

So, in this discussion, your thoughts are playing Anaximenes, Anaximander and Democritus, when you believe in something that is not.

In this case, you don't even believe that you do exist. You are your own flat earth.

Quote:
You have no idea if I exist or not...just as I have no idea if you actually exist or not. All of that "other people" stuff may be nothing more than a delusion or illusion.

But it is amusing to hear your thoughts about what is nonsense and what is not. Thank you for that.

I know that you do exist, because only a real person with weird thoughts can write so many nonsenses about reality as you do.

You can run but you can't hide, anyone can recognizes you because your thoughts, you do exist. Frank Apisa is a real human being,
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 11:59 am
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

Quote:

Your ignorance about reality also covers your ignorance about history.

Your need to call others ignorant...says a lot more about you than the objects of your needless venom, Carlos.

Quote:
Pythagoras and his school, according to Aristotle in De Caelo, described planet earth as a sphere. Even more, Pythagoreans taught that the earth was not the center of the universe.

On the other hand, other philosophers like Anaximenes, Anaximander, and Democritus, thought of a flat earth, but even Aristotle disagreed with them.
Aristotle also thought of earth as a sphere, and inclusive he thought as the whole universe as having spherical figure. His mistake was to think that the earth was static and the rest orbiting around it.

Learn to read, Carlos. You will save yourself a lot of trouble if you do.

At no point have I suggested that EVERYONE thought the Earth to be flat. I understand that even in ancient days, there were people who thought the Earth to be sphere. So your suggestion that I am ignorant is unwarranted. But I think I understand your need to make charges like that. It must help you deal with your insecurities.

Quote:
So, in this discussion, your thoughts are playing Anaximenes, Anaximander and Democritus, when you believe in something that is not.

I have no idea of what you were trying unsuccessfully to say here. You ought really to learn how to use the quote function...and find some reasonable way of replying so that your posts are not incomprehensible. Find a kid to help you.

Quote:
In this case, you don't even believe that you do exist. You are your own flat earth.

Quote:

I know that you do exist, because only a real person with weird thoughts can write so many nonsenses about reality as you do.

Another mishmash...but, the bottom line is that you do not know for certain that I exist. The notion is probably beyond your capabilities...but struggle with it and you may be able to get it.

Quote:
You can run but you can't hide, anyone can recognizes you because your thoughts, you do exist. Frank Apisa is a real human being,

You do not know that for certain, but the notion is probably beyond your capabilities. See if you can get someone to help you with that.
carloslebaron

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 12:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You do not know that for certain, but the notion is probably beyond your capabilities. See if you can get someone to help you with that.

If not with Frank Apisa, a weird person thinking that he is not real, whom I am discussing with?

Explain.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 01:19 pm
@carloslebaron,
carloslebaron wrote:

Quote:

If not with Frank Apisa, a weird person thinking that he is not real, whom I am discussing with?

Learn to read, Carlos...and you will save yourself lots of trouble.

At no point have I ever said that I think I am not real.

I said I cannot be certain that I actually exist or not.

That is not the same thing as saying that I think I am not real...in fact, it is not the same thing as saying that I think I do not exist.

But the nuances of that part of this discussion seem to beyond your abilities to grasp...so I thought it would be valuable to get someone to help you with that.

Quote:
Explain.

I just did.

If, however, you want to have a reasonable discussion on any of these points...stop the insulting nonsense...and we can do so.

What do you say?
carloslebaron

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 03:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
At no point have I ever said that I think I am not real.

I said I cannot be certain that I actually exist or not.

Explain in specific why you are not certain that you actually exist or not.

Give a reasonable answer.