Liberals talk quite a lot.

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:22 pm
Still can't get it into his head -- it's the length of the post, not the number of the posts. Since it's a liberal/conservative bent, it also means on the political threads. Ah, well -- you can lead a horse...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:24 pm
Heehee - we have something to talk ABOUT.....

Lusatian is, indeed, when he posts, most prolix - even, to be frank, a little turgid - but, since he is mostly posted overseas, his chances to be prolix are not prolific.

So - when we divide prolixity by opportunity - our friend turns up with a very high density of wordiage per unit of opportunity to post - he is a very percale of the woven word, or a rich cream of communication!

And, I believe it possible he has stirred our little pot as a parting gesture - and left us again, taking his li'l wooden spoon, and laughing at the pother he hopes he has created!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:25 pm
I do find that some of the conservatives here tend to post way more lengthy articles or opinions than liberals, but the figures are not in yet. I have seen the same from some of our more radical liberals as well. This argument is so silly...however, like a train wreck, oddly fascinating.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:29 pm
dlowan wrote:
Heehee - we have something to talk ABOUT.....

Lusatian is, indeed, when he posts, most prolix - even, to be frank, a little turgid - but, since he is mostly posted overseas, his chances to be prolix are not prolific.

So - when we divide prolixity by opportunity - our friend turns up with a very high density of wordiage per unit of opportunity to post - he is a very percale of the woven word, or a rich cream of communication!

And, I believe it possible he has stirred our little pot as a parting gesture - and left us again, taking his li'l wooden spoon, and laughing at the pother he hopes he has created!

Free the prols!! Lusatian is generally very erudite. I just think this particular thread is wacky. Did I mention that my great grandparents were among the first Communists to come to Canada? True story. A pot always needs to be stirred, once in a while, especially when cooking something that takes hours to get right.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:29 pm
"...a little turgid..."

What color is that on my mood ring?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:52 pm
Oh, I take no offence at Lusatian, Cav - I think this thread is hilarious.....

And - he is, indeed, erudite - but prolix.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:56 pm
This is highly unfair!

A full 20% of my posts are nothing more than sexual tittilation--certainly a liberal endeavor!

Another 20% is socially liberal denigrations of Gay and Jewish bashers.

15% are exclusive apologies to nimh.

15% are attempts to control others' personal lives Relationship threads (This may count in the conservative column.) Smile

15% may actually be counted as conservative political comments.

10% are an attempt to get a rise out of Dlowan.

5% are out of sheer boredom.

--------
I think my post # should be tallied accordingly!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:58 pm
We get the sex, eh?

I knew there was gonna be a good reason for being on the left....
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:04 pm
There's more sex on the right! Would never have gone to a Young Republican meeting when in college during the 60s: guaranteed to have a drunk slobber all over you as he tried to unhook your bra. Who do you think those frat boys were, liberals? Despite having been extremely left wing and one of the earlier opponents to Vietnam and a real music freak, I learned about Woodstock by watching Dick Cavett and that's about as mild as you can get! The Jefferson Airplane stopped by Cavett's show on their way back to CA after Woodstock.

All the orgies took place in frat houses. AMong the hypocrites. And you should see what those anti-abortion, Bible-thumping Baptists do for relaxation: swap wifes!

Ouch! Ow! The conservatives are pelting me with words for telling the truth about them!!!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:06 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:07 pm
Not to mention divorcing their age-appropriate wives for younger women. Take Newt Gingrich, please! Shocking behavior, I must say...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:07 pm
plainoldme,

Upon what do you base this (now oft repeated) claim about conservatives and sex?

It's about as far out there as my brother's attempt to characterize liberals.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:10 pm
Well, hurry and decide who gets the sex. I don't know what column to put my 20% in.

I thought it was in the Democrat planks...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:19 pm
I didn't realize that sex was being denied to anybody. I mean, we had portions of the clergy, but that didn't pan out. My dog's been horny all spring, and his politics are all over the place.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:22 pm
plainoldme wrote:
There's more sex on the right! Would never have gone to a Young Republican meeting when in college during the 60s: guaranteed to have a drunk slobber all over you as he tried to unhook your bra. Who do you think those frat boys were, liberals? Despite having been extremely left wing and one of the earlier opponents to Vietnam and a real music freak, I learned about Woodstock by watching Dick Cavett and that's about as mild as you can get! The Jefferson Airplane stopped by Cavett's show on their way back to CA after Woodstock.

All the orgies took place in frat houses. AMong the hypocrites. And you should see what those anti-abortion, Bible-thumping Baptists do for relaxation: swap wifes!

Ouch! Ow! The conservatives are pelting me with words for telling the truth about them!!!

Sadly, this reminds me of the one time I went to a young liberal convention in Niagara Falls.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:22 pm
Well, I have no reason to complain about the sex on the left, I must say.

Perhaps we ALL get the sex?

Do conservatives enjoy it more though, cos they are more likely to be breaking some of their rules when they have it?

THAT would be unfair!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:24 pm
Heehee - I was wrong - Lusatian is ba-ack!

I wonder if he will comne and stir the pot a little more?

Bring it on, we say, don't we?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:27 pm
craven -- Remember the cartoon which featured two women in 50s style shirt waists and hair dos, standing on a stair with a man's face in the foreground? One woman tells the other, Careful, he's anti-choice . . . or something similiar? Always hated the hypocrisy of the right.

Based on my own experience and my brother's experience with a short lived time in the Baptist church and the stories a former room mate told me and the warnings to never go to a YR meeting. . . and more. It was sort of common girl talk during the 60s and I have to admit that I love reminding people about it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:30 pm
What's the 60s?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 04:31 pm
patiodog wrote:
What's the 60s?

Ask the bunny, if she remembers.
0 Replies