Liberals talk quite a lot.

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:00 am
Liberals talk quite a lot.

I know with those five words I will awake the beast in almost everyone here. But if you take offense at my catagorization, check your post count. If your post count is in the many thousands, you may be guilty of such. I stress may, as under a thousand and you may as well. One thing, the coherent conservatives on this site (and sadly there are not too many of them), tend to have less posts in their count than their make-love-not-war brethren.

I won't speculate on the merits or the justification of the increased liberal blather, but it is humorous to note. The "silent majority" concept can be tremendously valid, even in today's highly communicating world. I would venture that there are more "liberals" or left-leaning individuals on the internet. Many polls favor left-leaning positions and candidates. And of course, the media is liberal, but the sky is up too.

Still with all this liberal electricity, somehow the presidency is Republican, they control the House and Senate, and the GOP outnumbers the D's in gubernatorial seats. Could this mean there is a SILENT majority?

Someone once said "silence is golden", but then we all know he must have been retarded. So opinions are exchanged (a good thing), many more exchanged (not too good depending on the congruent actions), and even more exchanged (getting redundant).

Now, I have an idea and before I am hunted down and lynched by the mob perhaps it could be considered. Substitute incessant talk for actions. You want to help the troops - do something besides talk. Go buy a phone card in that new plan that tries to provide calling time for deployed troops to speak to loved ones back home. Send a soldier a well-wishing card. Who knows, consider encouraging someone to join the service for a short stint. You want to help our country - consider putting America first before Europe, Asia and Timbuktu. Buy American products, consider an American vacation. Who knows, support an American foreign effort for a change.

I doubt I should be here expending the time, as I am only stirring your rancor and I lack the "intellectual" enlightenment or estimation to measure into your contemplation. Too bad, my bad, so sad. Here I go, you may ship all rotten tomatoes to the address below.

An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,645 • Replies: 107
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:01 am
Ah, you did this research to encompass all words written on the Internet by both liberals and conservatives? Impressive!

Because surely you're not implying that such conclusions can be reached from this one discussion board...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:06 am
I count my post at about six inches, so not liberal or conservative, just average, really. I may start buying American again once their space shuttles, cars and tires stop falling apart at the slightest breeze. Oh, and when they start making better beer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:06 am
Lol! What about those of us who blather, not polemically, but for innocent pleasure?

Are you sure those with higher post counts blather about politics more? Mayhap they but delight in persiflage and intelligent (or not so intelligent, but merely delightful, and lightful) exchange?

Or is all talk tainted?

Methinks thou stirreth not the beast, as you claim, but merely the pot!

And, ironically, rather wordily.....but I denounce.....I mean digress...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:31 am
Lusitan wrote:
One thing, the coherent conservatives on this site (and sadly there are not too many of them), tend to have less posts in their count than their make-love-not-war brethren.

Just to clarify: Is it your opinion that people like Timberlandko (6850 posts), Sofia (4876) and Scrat (3001) tend to be either inconsistent or liberal? If you do, that's an interesting position, and I'll be watching with interest how successfully you can defend it.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:32 am
Oh dear heavens this has to be the most absurd attempt to denigrate liberals that I have seen in recent times. LOL

Coming from a conservative, my take is that it does far more to denigrate conservative intellect. ;-)

And coming from someone who has logorrhea (and you know this, maaaan!) it's downright hillarious.

Thanks for the mornin' laugh. Let's chalk it up to your return to military hell.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:49 am
Lusatian said: "I lack the "intellectual" enlightenment or estimation to measure into your contemplation. "

Aww, you ain't so very dumb as all that! Perhaps if you talked a little more, it would help.......?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:51 am
Thomas wrote:
Lusitan wrote:
One thing, the coherent conservatives on this site (and sadly there are not too many of them), tend to have less posts in their count than their make-love-not-war brethren.

Just to clarify: Is it your opinion that people like Timberlandko (6850 posts), Sofia (4876) and Scrat (3001) tend to be either inconsistent or liberal? If you do, that's an interesting position, and I'll be watching with interest how successfully you can defend it.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:59 am
And McGentrix! McGentrix has a lot of posts, too! And is, like, SO conservative!!

(Better?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:00 am
Yes, and I think McGentrix feels left out here as well. 3304 posts, and I think we can all agree that he is far from liberal. I have over 13000 posts, and I rarely talk politics. Mull that one over for a while. Oh, and I don't believe in a silent majority, just a silent minority...the Illuminati, that small elite group of people seeking to take over the world and revive the antichrist by manipulating global politics to pit us all against each other, in the hopes of achieving armageddon. Then they will unleash their final plan. Of course, I would believe that, being a liberal and all. Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:02 am
Just posting to see my own post count.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:03 am
Uh oh!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:04 am
I thought he was having a go at me - but then, when he said brethren, I knew he wasn't.

Me being a sistren, and all....

There weren't no mention of clownren, neither, Cav - so I believe you are safe...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:05 am
Rats!

Who said anything about rats!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:06 am
Here are some others who were not yet mentioned:

These two are non-partisan but with very strong conservative leanings:

Phoenix32890 (11124)
au1929 (5826)

Stout conservatives:

roger(5551)
husker (5281)
cjhsa (4582)
Rae (4512)
fishin' (4227)
New Haven (3816)
Misti26 (3722)
steissd (3393)
perception (2902)
Brand X (2063)
OCCOM BILL (1915)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:08 am
More:

georgeob1 (1574)
Foxfyre (1548)
satt_focusable (1537)
trespassers will (1387)
Asherman (1247)
ican711nm (1152)
maxsdadeo (1121)
Tarantulas (1072)

Plus there's Wilso.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:08 am
I'm out as well, since comradethren weren't mentioned either ...

(McG: I honestly feel sorry for you that you weren't included in Thomas' post!)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:10 am
oh, geez, I was just trying to be funny... Thanks for the support though guys!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:13 am
"Plus there's Wilso."

So there is!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:28 am
Liberals do talk a lot....possibly because they have something to say........

Now if conservtives only listened......even occasionally
0 Replies