Liberals talk quite a lot.

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:31 am
Some of us liberals post on non-political threads. As do, of course, some conservatives. The stats here ain't too scientific, in other words.

But, when all is said and done, isn't it the point of a forum to post comments? Not sure what the problem is...
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:42 am
It's not just the absolute number of posts for some of these conservatives, it is the concentrated volume that's truly astonishing. For instance
Foxfyre: joined 3-8-04, average posts/day 18.00
Tarantulas: joined 3-23-04, average posts/day 15.10
OCCOM BILL: joined 12-4-03, average posts/day 10.58
McGentrix: joined 5-29-03, average posts/day 8.94
Scrat: joined 5-12-03, average posts/day 7.75

Hey, people, lighten up! Give the liberals a chance to get a word or two in edgewise!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:48 am
Quote:
I doubt I should be here expending the time, as I am only stirring your rancor and I lack the "intellectual" enlightenment or estimation to measure into your contemplation.

Perhaps you should think more about your posts before you post them.

Seeing as you got owned on this one pretty hardcore.

It's not "intellectual" enlightenment you lack so much as 'basic thinking about the subject' or perhaps 'research.'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:33 am
Glad joefromchicago brought up the join date. Also that many A2Kers don't just post on the political forums. Ever think that possibly liberals have a more wide range of interests? I'm being facetious.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:35 am
BTW, shouldn't that be "writes quite a lot" or is this poster hearing voices?
Very Happy

Another factor is the length of each post and whether it is a cut-and-paste. There's probably too much cut-and-paste of entire articles and essays when it would be better to post the first paragraph and then provide a link. I've gotten into that habit myself. I see the length of posts to average out as likely about even, excluding the cut-and-paste which is not the poster writing.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 11:18 am
I could say that I suspect liberals are more educated and therefore more communicative than conservatives.

But, I will say that since the problems of this country need to be solved by liberals, it is the liberals who must reach out to each other and this is one way of doing so.

Furthermore, since this is a conservative country with a conservative press, it is necessary for the liberals to communicate through "private" means.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:17 pm
Lusatian

May I borrow that quote from Eisenhower?

An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

I love it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before."

"I can think of nothing more boring for the American people than to have to sit in their living rooms for a whole half hour looking at my face on their television screens."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:44 pm
of course the all time fav is when, on D-Day a reported asked Ike how it was going and he replied
Quote:
"things are more like they are today then they have ever been before"

the Bush could learn from old Ike.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:50 pm
Something like "I feel more like I did than when I came in."

Or the sports reporter before the big weekend games, "No upsets are expected."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:35 pm
hmmm
longest post on the thread is Lusatian's
he must be a liberal
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:49 pm
Hey, you're right. Laughing

Do as I say, not as I do. We're discussing this elsewhere with cut-and-paste -- some newbies come onto the boards and essentially act like they're taking over the place and have self-promoted themselves as moderators. I believe in brevity but some like the look of their writing on the page and can't stop.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:54 pm
...talk radio...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:54 pm
But, keep in mind that he has only posted once.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 02:57 pm
That's not what Eisenhower's quotation meant. I think we've alluded to the fact that it isn't the number of posts, it's the length of the post. I might disagree with what you write, McG, but most of the time it's not a long drawn out snoozer.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:00 pm
You feeling all right, McG? You look like hell.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:04 pm
Conservative journals have more than their share of long-winded, boring essays. If there's anything worse than a left-wing verbose phony intellectual, it's a right-wing verbose phony intellectual.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:09 pm
I had an aspirin and I feel much better now thanks...

LW leads with 7 posts, Dlowen comes in second at 5 posts, this will be my fourth and last in this thread, Craven had 3 and a litany of others at 1 or 2...

Of the 38 posts so far, 8 are from conservatives... I guess liberals do like to talk more!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:10 pm
...talk radio talk radio...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:16 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Hey, you're right. Laughing

Do as I say, not as I do. We're discussing this elsewhere with cut-and-paste -- some newbies come onto the boards and essentially act like they're taking over the place and have self-promoted themselves as moderators. I believe in brevity but some like the look of their writing on the page and can't stop.

Finn made an excellent observation the last time you said this:

Are you playing moderator LW? ;-)
0 Replies