Bill Cosby accused of Rape - say it ain't so

coldjoint

Sat 28 Apr, 2018 11:08 am
@ehBeth,

Quote:
that could be tricky since word is that she is in California

Word has it she was not convicted of anything, wherever she is is irrelevant.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 28 Apr, 2018 11:37 am
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 28 Apr, 2018 04:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Is it true that Camille Cosby is an activist for sexually abused women, noooo.... I seem to read that in a few places if that was true, it would be weird.

firefly

Sun 29 Apr, 2018 11:46 am
@FOUND SOUL,
No, I really don't think that is true.

Camille Cosby is an activist/advocate/philanthropist primarily for African-American art and culture as well as being a supporter of higher education institutions.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 29 Apr, 2018 03:11 pm
@firefly,
Yep you are right, it was the "Judge" Smile

Quote:
Bill Cosby's lawyers on Thursday asked the judge in his upcoming sexual assault retrial to step aside, arguing the judge could be seen as biased because his wife is a social worker who has described herself as an "activist and advocate for assault victims."

Quote:
Judge Steven T. O’Neill denied a pre-trial motion by the prosecution to recuse himself from the case because his wife counsels college sexual assault victims and once may have made a $100 donation to a campus group. The group later made a donation to another campus group that had recently announced plans to protest Cosby outside of court.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:46 pm
Cosby was sentenced today to 3--10 years. The judge also declared him to be a violent sexual predator.

The judge denied him bail, and he will be immediately taken to a state prison.
coldjoint

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 01:01 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
The judge denied him bail, and he will be immediately taken to a state prison.

There is another Bill that needs to go to prison. Think anything will be done about that?
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 01:07 pm
@firefly,
wonder if Cos' will get a JELLO-PUDDING prison tat.?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 01:10 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
he will be immediately taken to a state prison.

kind of weird that his first stop is at a closed facility (a fb friend works in the pa prison system)

__

I hope that the same care and attention is paid to perpetrators who are not POC
coldjoint

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 01:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I hope that the same care and attention is paid.......

to Bill Clinton after he is tried and convicted.
coldjoint

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 01:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Are the three down votes saying Clinton should be put on trial for rape? Why not?
firefly

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 02:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Perhaps you're getting down votes because you are way off topic. This thread is about Bill Cosby.

You said, in a previous post, that Cosby was never going to jail--"I seriously doubt he will serve time in any prison."

Care to admit how wrong you were about that?
cicerone imposter

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 03:27 pm
@firefly,
You have a good memory and show yourself to be a tough cookie. Trust me, I'm innocent!
0 Replies

jcboy

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 06:41 pm
Now it's Trump's turn !! Razz
cicerone imposter

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 06:58 pm
@jcboy,
Trump's obstruction of justice should have destroyed his presidency. It doesn't take that long to bring charges for obstruction of justice, so Mueller is sitting on his arse doing nothing. https://www.brookings.edu/research/presidential-obstruction-of-justice-the-case-of-donald-j-trump-2nd-edition/
ehBeth

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 07:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
so Mueller is sitting on his arse doing nothing

I dunno
getting charges and convictions
getting people to provide information
Mueller seems to be checking and double-checking the knots on the noose he's preparing

Mueller's managed to get mob guys. #45's getting the same treatment. careful and precise
cicerone imposter

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 07:24 pm
@ehBeth,
In my mind, obstruction of justice by the president is high crimes and misdemeanor. Everything else is peanuts.
ehBeth

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 07:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Which means the case has to be 100% air tight. Don't want Mueller to rush and get it wrong.
cicerone imposter

Tue 25 Sep, 2018 10:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Agree.
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 26 Sep, 2018 01:08 pm
I'm surprised there isn't more of a reaction here to the fact that Cosby was actually convicted, and sentenced, and is now incarcerated.

What a stunning rise to great success he had, and how jolting it was to then learn of his horrible sexual abuse of women at the same time he was being hailed as a powerful icon and super star--his downfall is as equally stunning as his success.