Well, It's Done

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:49 am
My daughter's wedding came off beautifully and without a hitch this past Saturday, Shelley packed up what she left behind last month and headed back to the beach, everything is organized and picked up after and it's just me and my boys. My youngest has moved in with Stephen and me in order to save some money and get his finances in order. All that's left for me to do now is get him squared away, find a suitable group home for Stephen and then I can leave this Earth with a clear conscience on my own terms. I am at peace.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 13 • Views: 3,062 • Replies: 37

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 09:51 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
'til the grandchildren come.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 10:43 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

My daughter's wedding came off beautifully and without a hitch this past Saturday, Shelley packed up what she left behind last month and headed back to the beach, everything is organized and picked up after and it's just me and my boys. My youngest has moved in with Stephen and me in order to save some money and get his finances in order. All that's left for me to do now is get him squared away, find a suitable group home for Stephen and then I can leave this Earth with a clear conscience on my own terms. I am at peace.

I like and feel happy about almost everything here, Bear...except the part between the lines. I'm hoping that was unintended.

I'm also hoping to be able to wish you lots of happy returns on your birthday...and I am 78 .

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:19 am
Congratulations on the wedding. I am sure everything else will fall in place now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:28 am
@PUNKEY,
you mean more grandkids and great-grandchildren Smile

the bear is the patriarch of a fertile tribe

I think he needs one of those Duck Dynasty/ZZTop beards Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:28 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
the wedding pix I've seen are great

a pretty happy clan there
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 11:33 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Life goes on...I'm glad your cup is still full....if you don't think it's full, don't worry it will.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 12:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
I already have a grandson and two great grandsons
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 12:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm not lucky enough to be taken from this Earth anytime soon Frank and I would never do something that would traumatize my children in any case. Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 12:37 pm
I know a bit about how you feel.

If I could just get my exceptional child in a stable situation, I'd feel that
same peace. But promises to keep and all that.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 01:22 pm
@George,
I've been trying to find him a good group home around here for a good long while . You'd think that here in the Capital they'd try to set an example but the situation is awful. I don't mind him staying with me all the time and looking after him, not one bit, but I'm not doing him any favors by not getting him somewhere where he can adjust to what will inevitably have to occur and get him into the company of people his own age he can make friends with.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 07:38 am
Now if we could change you to Bi-Bear, you'd be good to go.
engineer

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 07:46 am
@panzade,
He's never mentioned being into guys...
panzade

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 08:07 am
@engineer,
You're not privy to his PMs
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 08:15 am
@panzade,
On the golf course, the most common reaction to a truly lousy shot by an opponent is, "Whew, you suck."

The most common retort is, "Jeez, I thought we were gonna keep that between us."
panzade

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 08:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Hah!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 08:30 am
@blueveinedthrobber,

Its sad to read about your break up.
Do u want a reconciliation ?
I wish u both the best.

David
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 11:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
squinney has left me 4 times during our marriage. I am no longer willing to live my life wondering when she's coming or going. I don't have that much time left. Therefore David, what I WANT doesn't enter the equation. I will always love her of course.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 02:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Of course, I cannot predict in any particular case,
but I can notice that in the history of human relations
some couples have re-united many times.

When the girl of my dreams rejected me a few decades ago,
my filosofy was: well, if u r not going to be happy with me,
then I hope that u will be happy without me.

David
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2014 04:36 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

squinney has left me 4 times during our marriage. I am no longer willing to live my life wondering when she's coming or going. I don't have that much time left. Therefore David, what I WANT doesn't enter the equation. I will always love her of course.

For how long at a time...just enough to elicit a response? Or for longer?