1 in 5 women get raped?

firefly

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:57 am
Another date-rapist who used drugging. Because that does impair the victim's memory of events, it was important that a second woman came forward to describe a similar experience with this predator--that helped the prosecutor to show the jury that he had a propensity for such behavior. The emergence of that second woman also helped empower the woman in this case to press forward with her charges. And this, now convicted rapist, will soon be tried for the rape of that second woman as well.

Convictions like this one--date-rapes with a he said/she said narrative--seem to be on the increase. That's a positive note, because it suggests prosecutors are taking more cases of this type to trial, jurors are believing these women, even when memories are impaired by drugs or alcohol, they are more aware that predators often use these chemical facilitators in order to rape, and they are convicting them and taking them out of circulation in the community. And this is the second recent conviction I've come across where the predator used an on-line dating site to help find potential victims.

Quote:
Public relations exec is convicted of raping woman he met on an online dating site
December 11, 2014, 8:18 PM

On a cool fall night in 2009, a 38-year-old west suburban woman went out on a date with a public-relations executive she had recently met online..

The woman was supposed to meet up later that night with her younger sister. But after increasingly worrisome texts — including one that said "please help me" — the sister took a cab to the Lincoln Park neighborhood and with the help of staff finally located her in a hotel room, half naked and sobbing, according to testimony at a trial this week.

On Thursday, a Cook County jury took little more than 90 minutes to convict the executive, Ignacio Carrillo, who prosecutors alleged had drugged the woman before raping her.

Carrillo, 40, still faces trial for allegedly sexually assaulting another woman he met through the same dating site — Plenty of Fish — in 2011. He was charged in both alleged sexual assaults only after the second victim came forward.

Assistant State's Attorney Tom Prisco told jurors during closing arguments earlier Thursday that "under the guise of some sort of romantic evening, he would buy them drinks and then rape them."

"It's been a long five years," the victim told the Tribune after the guilty verdict was announced at the Leighton Criminal Court Building. "I'm glad that someone finally listened."

The victim had reported the 2009 assault at a Lincoln Park hotel to police, but she initially declined to move forward with the prosecution of Carrillo, according to trial testimony. However, she changed her mind when police contacted her after the second victim came forward.

According to trial testimony, Carrillo took the woman to two bars on Oct. 15, 2009, and then a hotel at 601 W. Diversey Parkway, but she remembered only bits and pieces of what happened despite drinking only a glass of wine and a single shot.

When the woman realized she was in a hotel room and tried to leave, Carrillo yanked her back inside and raped her, prosecutors said.

The sister eventually found the hotel she was staying at, grabbed her sister and ran as Carrillo lay "smirking" on the bed, according to testimony.

The victim's younger sister told the Tribune she had to scramble after getting the text that her sister needed help.

"I thank the taxicab driver, wherever he is, for getting me there," she said.

Carrillo, who faces 4 to 15 years in prison, showed no emotion but dropped his eyes when a judge ordered him taken into custody after the verdict.

His attorney, Daniel Radakovich, argued to jurors that the 2009 victim reported being raped because she was disgusted with herself after a one night stand with someone she didn't like.

Prosecutors were allowed to put on evidence at the trial about the alleged 2011 sexual assault to allow jurors to weigh Carrillo's propensity to commit the 2009 rape.

The alleged victim in that case, now 36 and a married mother of two, testified earlier this week that Carrillo ordered her a martini while she was in the bathroom at a Lincoln Park bar while they were out on a date.

She said Carrillo grew angry when she took only a sip from the drink. He poured what he said was olive juice into the drink, telling her to stir it in so she got "the roofie," slang for a date rape drug. The woman testified she thought at the time Carrillo was joking.

After going to another bar — where the woman drank only water — Carrillo raped her against the passenger side door of his Porsche convertible, prosecutors allege. He then wanted to take her to a hotel, but she insisted he drive her home.

"He said this could've been a nice evening, but I ruined it," she testified.

The next day the woman went to a hospital, reported being raped and a nurse called police.

Both women identified Carrillo through his profile on the dating site, prosecutors said.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-executive-rape-trial-met-20141211-story.html
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 01:56 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Prosecutors were allowed to put on evidence at the trial about the alleged 2011 sexual assault to allow jurors to weigh Carrillo's propensity to commit the 2009 rape.
And yet the defense is not allowed to put on witnesses that the alleged victim has a history of lying about sexual assault. The feminist/state cooperative has a fat finger on the scales of justice in order to get the outcomes that they want.

BTW, was there any evidence other than the victim story told by the alleged victim of this mans guilt? None was mentioned. This convicting on the basis of "evil looks" is what we used to do to justify lynching niggers, it was not justice then and it is not justice now.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 02:29 pm
@firefly,
Henri Morris, president of Edible Software,

Another one who thought that he could find a way in which to serve "less time" or no time, only to get the book... Well 10 years isn't long but he is 67.

Quote:
Each of the women told authorities they’d been drinking with Morris, experienced a period of blacking out, and awakened in various states of confusion disarray.

In an added twist, Morris, who was the head of Edible Software, has twice admitted to his crimes as part of a plea agreement that would have capped his prison time at one year.

He signed a 22-page agreement that describes him drugging the women in places such as New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New Orleans, peeling off their clothes and in some cases snapping photos with a cellphone.

Quote:
A married software executive dramatically changed his plea to guilty in a Houston court on Wednesday and admitted drugging and sexually assaulting one of his female employees.

In doing so, Henri Morris, 67, spared as many as half a dozen women having to testify that he would take them on business trips, spike their drinks, abuse them and take naked pictures of them.

Shaking as he admitted his guilt, Morris now faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine and will have to register for the rest of his life as a sex offender.

In exchange for changing his plea, prosecutors agreed to drop the other sexual abuse charges against him and thereby spare his accusers of being cross examined in the witness box.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2860780/Married-software-executive-67-pleads-guilty-drugging-female-employees-business-trips-taking-naked-pictures-unconscious.html#ixzz3LoNUYAJy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 03:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And yet the defense is not allowed to put on witnesses that the alleged victim has a history of lying about sexual assault. The feminist/state cooperative has a fat finger on the scales of justice in order to get the outcomes that they want.

So, you're already assuming there is such a past history? Do you really think a prosecutor would rely on a claimant at trial who had a past history of filing a false police report about sexual assault? Would such a case have even gotten to trial?

You seem to forget that it's the defendant who is on trial, not the claimant. A pattern of similar behavior by the defendant is relevant for the jury to know about, in any criminal case.
Quote:

BTW, was there any evidence other than the victim story told by the alleged victim of this mans guilt?

Have you ever seen a trial with just one witness?

The jurors are the finders of fact in our legal system. They found this man guilty, and it only took them 90 minutes to reach that decision. You're just unhappy to see a rapist convicted.

I hope that conviction encourages more prosecutors to take crimes of this type to trial, and more victims to come forward.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:04 pm
Is date-rape crusade hurting innocent young men?

As a journalist, I can’t say I’m surprised about the recent Rolling Stone UVA rape debacle. I’m also not surprised by how the public has responded to Rolling Stone’s callous apology for its shoddy reporting and editing. By casting a renewed shadow of doubt on rape accusers and accusations, Rolling Stone and reporter Sabrina Rubin Erdely have indeed done survivors of rape a horrific disservice.

As a mother of two sons, however, here’s what does surprise me: How little attention defendants of civil liberties have paid to what unsubstantiated rape charges can do to the lives of the accused. Even if it turns out that Erdely was dead wrong. Even if “Jackie’s” allegations about Phi Kappa Psi were completely fabricated, there will be an indelible smudge on that fraternity and those young men. And no apology will take that away.

Sure, you can find diatribes on right-wing websites and TV stations that sing this refrain. But among liberals like myself? I’ve listened to colleagues and friends rage endlessly about the male predator crisis on campus.

And I’ve bitten my tongue so hard I’ve practically bled. That’s because even my meekest attempts to question if this anti-date-rape crusade might be spinning into a full-blown hysteria have been gunned down. It’s been made clear that coming out “on the side” of an accused rapist is tone-deaf, misogynistic, and anti-feminist.

I am a feminist, for whatever that’s worth. I am a person who is outraged by any act of violence. But I also support the American presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

I fear for young women who may become the next rape statistic. But I look at my two adolescent sons and I fear for them, too.

I’ve heard advocates emphasize that only a tiny percentage of rape accusations are fallacious. I believe that. But the sexual landscape is becoming brutally hard to navigate. We are well beyond the notion that a stranger must pop out of an alley for it to be considered an attack. As our definition of consensual sex continues to morph, some young women could interpret certain unfortunate sexual encounters as “rape” when they may just have been stupid, risky, unpleasant and regrettable.

In this hyper-sensitized environment, it’s not an unreasonable stretch for me to imagine my own son or one of his friends drinking too much, falling into bed with a young woman who has also drunk too much, and waking up in the morning to discover he’s a “rapist.”

So what are young men to make of all this? Avoiding problems isn’t merely a matter of making sure a woman says “yes.” As many of us who pawed and partied our way through young adulthood know, sex can be confusing, messy and full of second thoughts. My friends and I woke up on plenty of mornings, hungover and mortified about the stupid choices we’d made and the sketchy encounters we’d had. But do I think back for a minute on these incidents as anything approaching rape? Absolutely not.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/13/is-date-rape-crusade-hurting-innocent-young-men/
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:12 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
But do I think back for a minute on these incidents as anything approaching rape? Absolutely not.

TOO BAD SUCKER! The feminist/state cooperative makes the laws, and young men are in their crosshairs. The zero tolerance barbarity keeps rolling along until and unless we launch a rebellion.
nononono

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Lena Dunham, Salon, and the Liberal Hypocrisy on Rape

The award winning actress Lena Dunham has been in the news for a controversy over her memoir Not That Kind of Girl, in which Dunham claims to have been raped during her time at Oberlin College by someone identified as “Barry,” the campus conservative.

Breitbart’s John Nolte looked into the story and was unable to confirm it. This in turn has caused another ruckus, with Dunham tweeting as follows and as reprinted by Nolte:

Now, Fox’s Media Buzz host Howard Kurtz reports that Random House, the publisher of Denham’s book, is backtracking on Denham’s rape charge. Kurtz wrote:

Lena Dunham wasn’t raped by a conservative guy named Barry.

Whether she was raped by someone else, I have no idea. But after the star of HBO’s “Girls” claimed in her book that she was coerced into sex by a Barry at Oberlin College, Random House is backing off.

“The name ‘Barry’ referenced in the book is a pseudonym. Random House, on our own behalf and on behalf of our author, regrets the confusion,” the publisher said in a statement to The Wrap. And Random House is willing to cough up legal fees.

Well isn’t this interesting? Ms. Dunham has had her own publisher back away from her charges. But there’s something else here that illustrates the idea that Dunham’s views on rape are, shall we say, situational. And she isn’t alone.

Notice that first tweet above? That’s a Dunham hat tip to this piece by writer Katie McDonough over in the far-left site Salon, headlined:

The right’s Lena Dunham delusion: Anger, misogyny and the dangers of business as usual

National Review's screed on Dunham is abhorrent, but its misogyny is not unique. Here's where we go next

After taking after NR’s Kevin Williamson for having the audacity to criticize Dunham, McDonough writes towards the end that “we stop pretending that rape is an accident.”

Well isn’t this interesting. Not that they were noticing over at Salon.

AD FEEDBACK
Ms. Dunham has in fact already stopped talking about rape. When was that, you ask? The date in question would be January 13, 2013. Just last year on the night Dunham won the Golden Globe’s Best Actress Award. She was sooooooo excited. Why? Here is her tweet:

To prove the point of just how excited Dunham was there is video of the moment. At 23 seconds in, as the former President who was graphically accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick enters to a standing Hollywood ovation, Ms. Dunham is shown applauding furiously, her face in an open-mouthed happy glow.

So let’s once again (this has been discussed earlier in this space) go back to exactly just what it was Juanita Broaddrick said to NBC reporter Lisa Myers of the man Dunham was so ecstatically cheering on.

“I first pushed him away and just told him ‘No, please don’t do that,” and I forget, it’s been 21 years, Lisa, and I forget exactly what he was saying. It seems like he was making statements that would relate to ‘Did you not know why I was coming up here?’ and I told him at the time, I said, "I’m married, and I have other things going on in my life, and this is something that I’m not interested in…..

…Then he tries to kiss me again. And the second time he tries to kiss me he starts biting my lip (she cries). Just a minute... He starts to, um, bite on my top lip and I tried to pull away from him. (crying) And then he forces me down on the bed. And I just was very frightened, and I tried to get away from him and I told him ‘No,’ that I didn’t want this to happen (crying) but he wouldn’t listen to me.

…I told him ‘Please don’t.’ He was such a different person at that moment, he was just a vicious awful person.

…: It was a real panicky, panicky situation. I was even to the point where I was getting very noisy, you know, yelling to "Please stop." And that’s when he pressed down on my right shoulder and he would bite my lip…

…When everything was over with, he got up and straightened himself, and I was crying at the moment and he walks to the door, and calmly puts on his sunglasses. And before he goes out the door he says "You better get some ice on that." And he turned and went out the door.”

And now? So much for "we all have to ask hard questions" and grow up.

Now Lena Dunham, who says “these stories force them (men) to ask hard questions about their history with consent…” is literally standing up and cheering a man who has some hard questions to answer about a “history with consent.” Was she afraid that if she sat on her hands or walked out or tweeted a comment about rape her Hollywood career would end on the spot? No idea. But cheer she did.

As with Howard Kurtz, I have no idea what happened to Ms. Dunham back there in her college days. And I do know her publisher is backing away from her story and popping for legal fees for someone who believes they have been erroneously accused. But it is also abundantly clear, as Kurtz also says, that “Dunham, the darling of the liberal intelligentsia, has raised questions about her own credibility.” Exactly.

So too has Salon and writer McDonough taken a self-inflicted credibility hit. Feminists or anti-rape activists who cheer on someone who is cheering on a man so graphically accused of rape are neither feminists nor ant-rape activists. Another word comes to mind.

That would be hypocrites.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-lord/2014/12/13/lena-dunham-salon-and-liberal-hypocrisy-rape
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
TOO BAD SUCKER! The feminist/state cooperative makes the laws, and young men are in their crosshairs. The zero tolerance barbarity keeps rolling along until and unless we launch a rebellion.

The author of that article nononono posted says she is a feminist, and I don't think she agrees with you about any feminist/state cooperative. As a practical reality, a college campus has to have a zero tolerance policy for felony crimes on its campus, and rape is a felony crime. That's how the government got involved--the colleges were covering up, and not reporting, these crimes on their campuses, to protect their own images and reputations.

nononono also omitted the second page of the article--here it is...
Quote:

Is date-rape crusade hurting innocent young men?
By Peg Rosen
Dec. 13, 2014

Page 2

Sexual predation on campus is an issue we must deal with. The first step must be dealing with alcohol and substance abuse among young adults. A national study of undergraduates found that 55 percent of females and 75 percent of males involved in date rape had been drinking or using drugs prior to the incident. A 2002 study published in the Journal of American College Health asked 772 college undergrads if they’d ever woken up after a night of drinking and found themselves unable to remember what they’d done or where they had been. Among those who drank within the past two weeks, 1 in 10 reported having blacked out during that period. Many later learned they had “vandalized property, driven a car, had sexual intercourse, or engaged in other risky behaviors.”

This problem has probably been exacerbated by the fact that since the drinking age was raised to 21, college alcohol use has gone underground. Kids get drunk within the secretive walls of frats and private apartments, while the universities look the other way. And they look away again when traumatized victims knock on their doors complaining they’ve been attacked.

I recently shared my concerns with a friend, who is the mother of three teen sons. She responded that women have silently endured the tragic toll of date rape for so long that the pendulum may have to swing in the other direction and hurt some innocent males before we find a balance.

Maybe so. But it won’t mow down my sons as it swings in their direction. I will tell them not to let their passions dictate their actions. I’ll warn them to abstain from alcohol and drugs when mingling with girls. I’ll draw up contracts they can ask potential partners to sign before they engage in sex. Maybe I’ll even ask them to have a witness present. Come to think of it, does anyone know where I can buy a male chastity belt? It just may be the next rage on campus.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/13/is-date-rape-crusade-hurting-innocent-young-men/2/?#article-copy
nononono

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:50 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
nononono also omitted the second page of the article--here it is...

Yep. And I did that on purpose, because the second page completely nullifies the first page. And I was counting on people reading it to be so ******* retarded that they couldn't click on the page 2 icon...

Because I'm a ******* bastard. Of course.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:32 pm
@nononono,
Well, I guess you assumed wrong. You say you're a ******* bastard? I can't speak to that, you need to check with your mother regarding the accident of your birth. What I am sure of, is you are a ******* idiot. And you prove it over and over again.
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:43 pm
@glitterbag,
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/17/179016/2692032-7643749224-appla.gif
glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:24 am
@firefly,
You made me laugh, thanks.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:14 am
Quote:
Since Kerry Devine, 32, and her friends began having children, she has noticed a stark difference between her female friends in Auburn, Wash., where she lives, and those in England and Cyprus, where she grew up. In the United States, they almost all stopped working outside the home, at least until their children were in school. Yet, she says, she can’t think of a friend in Europe who left work after her children were bor

Ms. Devine quit her job after she had her first child, a girl, four years ago, because she thought 12 weeks of maternity leave was too short. “I just didn’t want to leave her in day care or pay for the expenses of it,” she said. When she gave birth to twin boys this year, a return to work — she had been a property manager for apartment buildings — looked even less plausible.

“I would have been O.K. putting a 1-year-old baby in day care, but not a 12-week-old,” Ms. Devine said. “More flexible hours and being able to work from home part of the time definitely would have made a big difference.”

Her thinking is shared by many American women — and plays a role in a significant economic reversal. As recently as 1990, the United States had one of the top employment rates in the world for women, but it has now fallen behind many European countries. After climbing for six decades, the percentage of women in the American work force peaked in 1999, at 74 percent for women between 25 and 54. It has fallen since, to 69 percent today

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/upshot/us-employment-women-not-working.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=0

This is the kind of thing that American feminists should be working on, as European feminists did a long time ago...But no, using phony bologna campus rape hysteria to beat up on men was too tempting to pass up. Americans are going to wise up any day now. Right?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:00 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I can't speak to that, you need to check with your mother regarding the accident of your birth.

Rather gruesome image of what fucked what to come up with such a uniquely useless sack of crap.
nononono

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:44 am
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:55 am
Jackie Coakley Made Up Many Fake Rape Stories About Herself — Pinterest Account Suggests She’s Obsessed With Rape

More details have emerged about the life of Jackie Coakley, the young woman who had a fake story published in Rolling Stone about a rape that she claimed happened to her at the University of Virginia. Rolling Stone received a lot of heat for publicizing the rape story without convincing evidence that Coakley was, in fact, raped. Now, some new information suggests that Jackie Coakley has embellished sexual assault stories about herself in the past.

According to Got News, Jackie Coakley has misled several students at her high school and college about her sexual history, suggesting she may have completely fabricated rape stories and sexual abuse within her past relationships with men. Despite severe consequences for falsely reporting rape (which is a crime in Coakley’s home state of Virginia) it seems that Jackie Coakley has been falsifying accounts of sexual abuse for years now. While it might be too soon to confirm if any of Coakley’s rape allegations are warranted, it is clear that something is suspicious with this 20-year-old girl and her fascination with rape.

Jackie’s personal Pinterest account is loaded with images and quotes pertaining to rape. While all of them contain positive feminist messages speaking out against rape, many have been led to believe that Coakley’s obsession with a resistance to rape has driven her to make false claims. Some of the images Jackie Coakley shared on her Pinterest account can be seen below, including info-graphics on what “rape culture” means.

UV_RapeCulture_V4
Rape-is-never-the-victims-fault
dont-rape
These are only a sampling of Coakley’s rape-related posts. The vast majority of her Pinterest account addresses sexual violence in one way or another.

As for Rolling Stone‘s article about Jackie Coakley’s alleged rape, the magazine released a statement about the incident, essentially apologizing for publishing Coakley’s story without confirming the details of her account:

“We published the article with the firm belief that it was accurate. Given all of these reports, however, we have come to the conclusion that we were mistaken in honoring Jackie’s request to not contact the alleged assaulters to get their account. In trying to be sensitive to the unfair shame and humiliation many women feel after a sexual assault, we made a judgment – the kind of judgment reporters and editors make every day.”

What do you think about Jackie Coakley? Do you think her rape accusations are phony, or is this another example of “rape culture” protecting the alleged rapists by disbelieving the victim?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1665379/jackie-coakley-made-up-many-fake-rape-stories-about-herself-pinterest-account-suggests-shes-obsessed-with-rape/
nononono

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:58 am
@nononono,
"Obsessed with rape".

Nope. No women are ever obsessed with rape! (firefly)
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:41 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
I can't speak to that, you need to check with your mother regarding the accident of your birth.

Rather gruesome image of what fucked what to come up with such a uniquely useless sack of crap.

Yikes, I hadn't even thought of that. That's scary as hell but would explain a lot. Yuck!
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:53 pm
Quote:
Improving the Criminal System’s Response Would Cut Campus Rapes
by Deborah Tuerkheimer

Deborah Tuerkheimer, a professor of law at Northwestern University, is a former assistant district attorney in Manhattan who has written widely on rape and domestic violence.

December 12, 2014

Colleges can certainly improve their response to sexual assault, particularly when it comes to prevention. But the proper forum for resolving rape cases, on and off campus, is a retrofitted criminal justice system.

Despite the fact that 80 percent of college rapes go unreported, a functioning criminal justice system can best provide justice for accusers and accused alike. Unlike college administrators, the police and prosecutors are trained to investigate and prove allegations of criminal activity. And unlike in the college setting, criminal defendants are entitled to a wide array of constitutional protections at both the investigative phase and at trial. Rather than abandon criminal justice altogether, we should correct the dismissive stance that victims often confront when they turn to the system.

The first thing to change is rape laws themselves. Despite the fact that a generation of adults has come of age hearing that “no means no,” in a majority of states, rape is still defined as requiring physical force. In a recent paper, I described cases involving sex without consent — cases not considered rape in states where force is included in the legal definition. Until that archaic requirement is abolished everywhere, victims of acquaintance rape might well be reluctant to involve the police, and many campus violations will lie beyond the law’s reach.

But, to matter, laws must be enforced. Here, the Department of Justice is beginning to play a role. After documenting bias in the handling of cases in Missoula County, Mont., the Justice Department entered into agreements with the police department and with the county attorney’s office to ensure a more aggressive response to sexual assault complaints.

Following the International Association of Chiefs of Police model policy, local police officers are now trained to assist and appropriately interview trauma victims, properly collect evidence, contact and interview suspects, assist medical forensic examinations and work with victim advocates. Prosecutors are trained in best practices for plea agreements, charging decisions and communicating with victim advocates and the victim, along with how to best make their case when the defendant is not a stranger and consent is a defense.

In November, law enforcement officials announced that victims in Missoula had become more willing to cooperate with the police, and that the prosecution of rape cases increased 11 percent over the previous year.
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2014/12/12/justice-and-fairness-in-campus-rape-cases/improving-the-criminal-systems-response-would-cut-campus-rapes

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2014 09:12 pm
@firefly,
Pretty much everyone agrees that the feminist/state cooperative decision to attempt to make an end run around the justice system because they dont believe it gets enough convictions is a mistake. It is actually unconstitutional. The fact that we are trying to make law the tool to deal with sexual disputes, a job that it is ill suited for, is another problem....one that few seem ready to fix.