1 in 5 women get raped?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:18 pm
@glitterbag,
I thought he was boasting about how much he paid for it.

Nobody lugs a mattress about with them, it's not just its weight, it's so bloody cumbersome. The idea is preposterous.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 01:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Drunk sex most certainly can be rape. Shame on you.

So when two individuals realize the morning after that they had drunk sex, how do they decide who raped whom?
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 02:07 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I don;t even know what a freshman is.

First year of high school or college: Freshman.
Second year of high school or college: Sophomore. (Derivative term sophomoric means juvenile or childish.)
Third year of high school or college: Junior.
Fourth (final) year of high school or college: Senior.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 02:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Of course you have a right to harass anyone by carrying your mattress wherever you want to. What's wrong with that.

In this case, the mattress was a false accusation against an innocent person.

As I recall, the guy who has been falsely accused is suing the university for allowing this witch hunt to be waged against him.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 02:22 pm
@oralloy,
Thanks for the info, also on "freshman". I suppose i could have googled it.

So he's going to courts. Logical i guess, but why are they both still banging on the university? Why isn't he suing her for harassment and isn't she suing him for rape?

If there was an homicide on university grounds, wouldn't the police get involved??? I suppose it would, so why ask universities to adjudicate rapes and not murders?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 05:02 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

If there was an homicide on university grounds, wouldn't the police get involved??? I suppose it would, so why ask universities to adjudicate rapes and not murders?

Murder is harder to cover up, what with those pesky bodies to dispose of and all, plus noisy parents might start looking for their kids.

Rape, however, is a he said she said situation. Much easier to deny or obstruct. Dead bodies are more difficult to explain away.
BillRM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 05:43 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
So when two individuals realize the morning after that they had drunk sex, how do they decide who raped whom?

Simple it is away the male who is responsible for his and the woman conditions.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 05:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Rape, however, is a he said she said situation. Much easier to deny or obstruct. Dead bodies are more difficult to explain away.

A man must be guilty if charge by a woman, so if you can not convicted him in a court of law where he have due procedure rights the next best thing is to ruin his college career and good name by using a non-legal college kangaroo court with little to zero due procedure rights and a standard that in theory is only more likely then not and in fact even lower then that.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 06:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:

It CAN certainly be so -- or a he said he said, or a she said she said situation -- but in many rape cases there is also DNA evidence, bruises, other testimonies, selfies, phone calls and the likes. All sorts of evidence which university staff are not trained nor mandated to analyse adequately.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 06:40 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
but in many rape cases there is also DNA evidence, bruises, other testimonies, selfies, phone calls and the likes
that does not mean jack because to prove rape one needs to prove the absence of consent. The fact that there was provable sex or even provable rough sex does not mean a thing. We changed the definition of rape, thus we changed the nature of the crime, thus we changed what needs to be proved. And just be be clear, "she said/says it was rape" is no where near good enough. It is a travesty of justice when the courts take her saying it was rape soon after the sex as proof that it was rape, it takes no more effort for her to set the guy up 2 hours after the sex than it does 2 weeks after.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 08:17 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

It CAN certainly be so -- or a he said he said, or a she said she said situation -- but in many rape cases there is also DNA evidence, bruises, other testimonies, selfies, phone calls and the likes. All sorts of evidence which university staff are not trained nor mandated to analyse adequately.

University"s have security for student safety. However the schools are really ill-equipped to actually do crime investigations. So, they don't investigate, they have committees, boards, and other organizations that protect the schools reputation, because parents are loath to send their children to schools that have high incidents of rape. If your paying between 60-80 thousand, you likely want your child in a safe place. Not at Rape Central. At least here in the States.

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 08:18 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
So he's going to courts. Logical i guess, but why are they both still banging on the university? Why isn't he suing her for harassment and isn't she suing him for rape?

I should clarify that I've not reviewed the evidence myself. I'm only saying that the guy is innocent because I'm trusting that all the others who have reviewed the evidence and found him innocent, did so correctly. This isn't something like the Amanda Knox case where I know for a fact what the truth is.

Anyway, here is what wikipedia has to say about his lawsuit:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattress_Performance_%28Carry_That_Weight%29

"He also noted that, as the work serves as Sulkowicz's senior thesis, it is being supervised by a Columbia faculty member.[6] In April 2015 he filed a lawsuit against the university, its board of trustees, its president, Lee Bollinger, and Sulkowicz's senior-thesis supervisor, Jon Kessler, alleging that they exposed him to gender-based harassment and a hostile educational environment in allowing the art project to go ahead."

I speculate that the reason why she isn't suing him is because she can't prove her case in court.

I speculate that the reason why he isn't suing her is because she has no money. Probably his lawyer told him to focus on suing the school because they (presumably) have liability insurance.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 08:31 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
If your paying between 60-80 thousand, you likely want your child in a safe place. Not at Rape Central. At least here in the States.

Likewise we dont want our boys abused by extrajudicial processes, that will not be fair, that are proud that they error on the side of throwing men out of school and putting a black mark next to their names for life.

We want enlightened justice, not ignorant barbarity.
Ionus

Reply Thu 21 May, 2015 08:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Seriously. You think men are raped in anywhere the numbers women are??? There are figure and research that show that men are raped in significantly fewer numbers. Have you looked up figures for this?
Counting women raped by women, in gaol and elsewhere, counting men raped by men, in gaol and elsewhere, women raped by men is the least numbers and the most reported .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:00 am
Quote:
1 in 5 women get raped?
Co-incidently, 1 in 5 women have mental illness .
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:23 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Likewise we dont want our boys abused by extrajudicial processes, that will not be fair, that are proud that they error on the side of throwing men out of school and putting a black mark next to their names for life.

My feelings entirely.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:27 am
@hawkeye10,
If there's been demonstrable violence, if the victim was HURT physically, that's a strong indication that something wrong happened. Bottom line is rape can be proven in a court of law. It's not impossible.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:40 am
@hawkeye10,
Women only want to be bigger than men and have a penis...apart from that, they are firm believers in equality that favours them whilst not removing any female specific privileges . Most of the Libbies come from damaged stock . Overcompensating for their insecurities as ugly women or homosexuals . Rape takes away their responsibility for making a choice, so it has a fear/desire combination . What better way to emasculate men then to go on and on about rape . Make the male chauvinistic pigs feel guilty for something they didnt do...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 08:51 am
@oralloy,
Thanks. I thought this was simply a protest from her but it was sanctioned by the U as her thesis so they are liable alright.

Wiki says she "filed a complaint about the alleged assault with the NYPD.[12] According to the accused student, the police interviewed him in August, and shortly afterwards the district attorney's office told him they would not be pursuing the case."

Still, universities are ill-equipped to stand legal pressure from both parties. And they have the paying parents to catter to... It must be a nightmare.

Anybody talking of separate boys and girls universities yet? :-)
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 09:57 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And they have the paying parents to catter to.

And the paying fed government to cater too.....remember, the threat is that that if they dont adapt to the current whims of the executive branch then all federal loans and grants go away (the university dies). Until/Unless the courts step in to protect us the bullying Big Brother gets what it wants.