Is there something very wrong with an 18 year old girl and 44 year old man dating?

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 04:01 pm
a popular meme

http://www.loleverytime.com/assets/gallery/8_2_1379922396.jpg

in most of the 10+ year age difference couples I know irl, the woman has power/money and is the older member of the couple
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 04:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Mariah is single now and that relationship did not make it many years. Of all of those examples only Tina Turner has executed a long term relationship with a much younger man.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 04:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Even when the age difference is small, divorce rates are high.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 04:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
a couple of them have gone for even younger men since that was created Smile

my personal favourite was always Mary Tyler Moore and her lovely doctor husband
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 06:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Mariah is single now and that relationship did not make it many years. Of all of those examples only Tina Turner has executed a long term relationship with a much younger man.

Maybe it was short but hot!!
toiletduck

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 01:42 am
Age is a number. You can connect with someone no matter how you old are, and how old he/she is. The thing is, you have to connect I think on intellectual and emotional levels, not physical. If that happens, who is anyone to judge? Yes, you will change a lot (nothing says he won't either, regardless of the fact that he is 44). If you've developed that connection with someone, though, you will care about how they are changing and you can participate in it, which is pretty damn exciting. Even if it doesn't turn out to be "relationship love" but just "friends love", and age-gap relationship can be as rewarding as any other, even if maybe you say "How weird is it..." from time to time. The fact that you think of him as a "dirty old perve" suggests a lack of respect, though, that probably isn't the best foundation no matter if you're 26 years apart of the born on the same day.
0 Replies

MattWSpanjer

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 01:48 am
@chelsieshay,
NO Love is Love. Don't listen to them. Be safe though. I am 18, my best buddy is 47. Go for it! You only live once dontcha know! Smile
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 05:42 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
To me, that seems odd.
I can t remember changing,
except looking fatter n uglier now.

Well put it to you this way -- when I was in my 20s I would travel the world -- (ie no kids) - I would do crazy things for example hang upside down in a bar like a fish (for some reason at this bar in Mexico they would do this if you were willing hang you by your feet and it seemed like a good idea at the time) and then do a shot. Stuff like that.

Now I have two kids so I need to be a bit more mature and responsible - I think they would freak if they knew I did that -- can't wait to some day show them maybe when I am a grandparent --

I could not see me hanging like fish and doing a shot now --- no I probably I would do it.

Maybe you are right David - maybe you don't change that much.
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:19 am
@MattWSpanjer,
MattWSpanjer wrote:

NO Love is Love. Don't listen to them. Be safe though. I am 18, my best buddy is 47. Go for it! You only live once dontcha know! Smile

Yeah...ok. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:27 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Maybe it was short but hot!!

It was not much shorter than her other relationships....probably cheaper too, since she didn't waste her money on divorce. Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:56 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Quote:
To me, that seems odd.

Well put it to you this way -- when I was in my 20s I would travel the world -- (ie no kids) - I would do crazy things for example hang upside down in a bar like a fish (for some reason at this bar in Mexico they would do this if you were willing hang you by your feet and it seemed like a good idea at the time) and then do a shot. Stuff like that.

Now I have two kids so I need to be a bit more mature and responsible - I think they would freak if they knew I did that -- can't wait to some day show them maybe when I am a grandparent --

I could not see me hanging like fish and doing a shot now --- no I probably I would do it.

U drink the shot while hanging upside down??
I never even thought of doing that.
I 'm not sure if my throat muscles work that way.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:01 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

DAVID wrote:
To me, that seems odd.
I think, as a kid, my personality was already developed,
as it is now.

David
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Linkat wrote:

DAVID wrote:
To me, that seems odd.
I think, as a kid, my personality was already developed,
as it is now.

David

To a certain degree...yes. But-- you've refined the process since then. It's the details that matter in the end.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 07:29 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah I was hanging, the waiter kind of holds your head up and supports it while they pour the shot in your mouth - it isn't a full shot and they hold your head as it ain't good business to have their customers drown or choke on a shot of tequila.
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 08:30 am
@Linkat,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Linkat wrote:

Yeah I was hanging, the waiter kind of holds your head up and supports it while they pour the shot in your mouth - it isn't a full shot and they hold your head as it ain't good business to have their customers drown or choke on a shot of tequila.

Laughing Laughing Laughing ....sounds like you had fun.
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 12:58 pm
@Germlat,
Yeah I enjoyed my youth - I would enjoy old age too, if the kids didn't get in the way.

I think they would be shocked if they knew. They think I am boring and stuff like that even though I told them I am a hot mamma - they say that is just wrong.

At my daughter's sweet sixteen, they had the karaoke set up - the kids were hestitating and I said hey mom and dad will sing a duet if no one else wants to get up - the littler one screams NO! I think she would be horrified to have us sing in front of all the teens.
Germlat

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 01:09 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Yeah I enjoyed my youth - I would enjoy old age too, if the kids didn't get in the way.

I think they would be shocked if they knew. They think I am boring and stuff like that even though I told them I am a hot mamma - they say that is just wrong.

At my daughter's sweet sixteen, they had the karaoke set up - the kids were hestitating and I said hey mom and dad will sing a duet if no one else wants to get up - the littler one screams NO! I think she would be horrified to have us sing in front of all the teens.

Nothing wrong with being a hot mamma! Go Linkat!!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 01:58 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
What woud Isaac Newton have to say about that ?
It sounds like the process requires the shot to go UP your throat into your stomach,
in defiance of gravity; maybe pumped up there by your throat muscles ??
izzythepush

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Were you never young?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:10 pm
@izzythepush,
That was b4 the Law of Gravity was enacted.