The 'SOUL'. What is it?

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:52 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

Since when was sharing your personal pain ever a sign of fragility?

Clearly you were raised in a black and white world. Else, you'd know that I am the exact opposite of a cracked mirror - in reality, I am the prism of space and time and no amount of pressure will falter this vision I have over you, Frank.

Try me. As I said before, there is no evidence of a god's existence - no existence means no experience. Therefore the onus is not on people saying there is no god - the onus is on the people that say there is a god.

Go play with someone you can handle.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 06:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You did not address my argument, so it's not me who is losing their handle.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 09:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don’t know what more you want. I’ve already explained it to you.

A lack of experience is categorically experience. Think of the idea of nothing being a number.

If you don’t understand that explanation, that’s your problem.

You continue to confuse belief with knowledge.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 10:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
Anything an individual does or doesn't is all part and parcel of experience.
No human can possibly do everything all the time. Therefore, all humans 'lack experience.' That's the devil in the detail.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 04:03 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I don’t know what more you want. I’ve already explained it to you.

A lack of experience is categorically experience. Think of the idea of nothing being a number.

Just for argument's sake...let us suppose it is.

So how does a lack of experience show "I believe there are no gods" to be anything but a blind guess?

(It doesn't.)

Quote:
If you don’t understand that explanation, that’s your problem.

You continue to confuse belief with knowledge.

Not in any way.

I am saying...CORRECTLY...that "belief" used this way is simply disguising the fact that a blind guess is being offered.

There is no way of knowing if there are no gods...there is no way of estimating that there are no gods. All one can do is make a blind guess.

And if the blind guess is offered as "I believe there are no gods"...the word "believe" is being used to disguise (consciously or unconsciously) the fact that it is a blind guess.

Just acknowledge that I am correct on this, Blue. It won't hurt.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 05:51 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

In regard to experience, the lack thereof is, nonetheless, categorically "experience" especially when it's the basis of the statement, "I do not believe in gods."

By the way...I noticed that you changed "I believe there are no gods"...to "I do not believe in gods."

They are completely different thoughts.

"I believe there are no gods" is a BLIND GUESS.

"I do not believe in gods" is simply a statement that the speaker is not among the people who do believe there are no gods.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 07:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

"I do not believe in gods" is simply a statement that the speaker is not among the people who do believe there are no gods.

"I believe there are no gods" is simply a statement that the speaker is among the people who do believe there are no gods. It's perfectly factual...
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 09:04 am
@Olivier5,
In the area of an individuals belief system - on anything - their belief or disbelief in god is no different than their belief in life itself.

That's the ultimate in the individual's reality. Frank's "can you prove god or not" is of no consequence; it doesn't matter. Frank's hung up on "guess." That doesn't matter either; the individual made their choice to believe or not.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:16 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

"I believe there are no gods" is simply a statement that the speaker is among the people who do believe there are no gods. It's perfectly factual...

"I believe there are no gods"...is a BLIND GUESS...using the words "I believe" in place of "I blindly guess."

Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
No, it's a fact. In my case anyway, I DO actually believe that. It's an accurate description of my belief.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:25 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

No, it's a fact. In my case anyway, I DO actually believe that. It's an accurate description of my belief.

Yeah...and who cares about your beliefs, if they are just guesses in disguise?

Show me any way the comment, "I believe there are no gods"...can be anything but a blind guess.

(You can't...so you are going to play a game...and get hammered while doing so.)
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 01:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
They are not guesses.

They are answers to other people's guesses (those who claim god exists).
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I already answered. If my beliefs are not important, why do you ask so many questions about them?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:52 pm
@Olivier5,
He wants to nail you on your 'guesses.' Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 02:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I guess... :-)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 03:35 pm

Quote:
The 'SOUL'. What is it?
The soul is what gets out of your human body
when u have an out-of-body-experience
(either in human death, or not)

David
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 03:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OBE's don't exist.

OBEWTBS's (Out of Body Experience Within The Brain's Simulation) do.

It's no different than when you are sleeping and you see yourself sleeping inside your dream. Simulation is awesome! Trying to say the simulation is not a simulation - not so awesome... Quit it, you idiots.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 06:13 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I already answered. If my beliefs are not important, why do you ask so many questions about them?

Actually, I am asking about the blind guesses you make...and inquiring as to why you want to call them beliefs rather than blind guesses.

If you ever want to tell me...I would still find it interesting.

Olivier5

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 07:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't believe most of my guesses are "blind". I rarely play the roulette or other hazard games. I usually conclude on stuff based on a deliberate critique and systematic consideration of data and the various theories that could explain the data. Of course there's always a leap of faith in the end. One has to BELIEVE at least SOME data, or one cannot ever conclude on anything....
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:19 pm
@Olivier5,
We are all creatures of habit. Often times, we do things without giving it much thought, because we've done it so often, critical analysis isn't needed.

What is also interesting is something I learned many decades ago. People spend more time deciding on buying a tv or a car than they do planning for their retirement.

We make our decisions based on our experience and perceptions and how past decisions turned out. The choices we make are based on 'guesses,' but we base it on past experience and understanding. It's 'our' guess, and we're the one who decides when, where, what, and why. We don't need to explain it to others why we made the choice we made. It's our reality.

Choosing to be religious or a drunk doesn't need to be explained to anyone demanding to know. It's our guess, and we're the ones who will get the reward or pay the consequences. It's none of their damn .........

0 Replies