Don't take candy from strangers

chai2

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 08:57 am
But what do you do is the "candy" is being offered by your 4 year old friend?

Thank goodness none of these kids ingested the contents.

http://news.yahoo.com/delaware-mother-charged-daughter-brings-heroin-daycare-073227638.html

Delaware mother charged after daughter brings heroin to daycare

(Reuters) - A Delaware mother was arrested on Monday after her four-year-old daughter unknowingly brought roughly 250 packets of heroin to her daycare, and passed them out to classmates thinking they were candy, police said.

Ashley Tull, 30, of Selbyville was charged with drug possession and endangering the welfare of a child after her daughter brought the drugs to the Hickory Tree Child Care Center on Monday morning, Delaware State Police said in a statement.

Several of the children who received the small, unopened bags were taken to area hospitals as a precaution, and were later released, police said.

Police said the child unknowingly brought the heroin to the care center in a replacement backpack, after hers was ruined by a family pet the night before.

Tull was released from jail after posting $6,000 bond, police said. She has been barred from coming into contact with her 4-year-old, or her two other children, aged 9 and 11.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing, police said.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,857 • Replies: 4
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 09:01 am
@chai2,
Similar thread: http://able2know.org/topic/256540-1
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 09:04 am
@chai2,
Duh! Magical pixie dust of course!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 09:43 am
@chai2,
reminds me of a book I read recently. It was the stephen king one when the boy from the shining grew up....he was with a woman and she ended up having a small kid that was reaching for the left over cocaine on the table saying .... candy!

I wonder how often things like this really happen?
chai2

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 10:30 am
@Linkat,
I read that book linkat...Dr. Sleep.

It made me think a lot about how the future for Danny could not have been imagined. At the end of the shining you never thought he would grow up to have the troubles/lifestyle he had.

Re finding the "candy", I'll bet it happens all the time.
0 Replies