Chance of building a new family at 50 are 0?

Eliusa

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 07:50 am
So after all this said by me and others...doesn't anyone of you believing in 2 married 50 y/old people falling in love and building a new family?
Impossible?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 08:02 am
@Eliusa,
George Burns had children way into his 80's and 90's. If your hypothetical couple are healthy and financially wealthy enough, they would make for great parents (though I think it would be best to foster or adopt children in order to avoid any genetic illnesses their offspring might be born with as the greater chance of getting them when the parents get past a certain period of life).
Eliusa

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 09:44 am
@tsarstepan,
No kids, we have kids. Smile
Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:25 am
@Eliusa,
Then why can't you? I would think the only difficulty is physically having children over 50 and since this isn't what you mean no reason to build a family.

My MIL re-married and built a family around that age - her husband was killed in a car accident. She says she is very lucky that she has had two good men in her life. She has a son and her new husband has two.

My Grandmother in law also did - she was more in 70s or so. Her husband passed away and they were very close. She met up with an old friend of her husband and hers (who's wife passed away) and they have been married. Obviously their children are adults, but they seem very happy together.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:30 am
@Eliusa,
Quote:
building a new family

So what exactly is your question then?!

People have married/remarried late in life and have lived happy lives together. Age 50 isn't old. It's been done before and will likely happen again in the future.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 10:33 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

My Grandmother in law also did - she was more in 70s or so. Her husband passed away and they were very close. She met up with an old friend of her husband and hers (who's wife passed away) and they have been married. Obviously their children are adults, but they seem very happy together.

My grandmother (on my mother's side) remarried some time after my grandfather died in the late 80's. She married the gentleman and lived happily together for almost 20 years until she passed away two years-ish ago.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 11:04 am
It seems you all missed one significant thing is that we are still married to other people.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 11:05 am
@Eliusa,
Eliusa wrote:

It seems you all missed one significant thing is that we are still married to other people.

You do realize then that you have to legally and morally divorce yourself from your present day marriages. Until you do, why bother asking this question. Other then that, no one can say if you future relationship will be successful.
Eliusa

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 11:47 am
@tsarstepan,
I say legally only. Morally we are already done for years.
Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 12:07 pm
@Eliusa,
Eliusa wrote:

Well don't you know you kinda left out an important detail? How the h*ll were we supposed to know with what you wrote.

Of course you can -- you each divorce your respective spouses and the get married to whoever you have been cheating with.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 12:09 pm
@Eliusa,
So? What's the problem? Why haven't you legally divorced from your legally existing marriages? What are you waiting for? It can't be that you are waiting for our (the members of a2k) collective approval.

I wouldn't be surprised that the longer you stay in the marriage, the more emotional damage you inflict on your existing legally recognized partner. Get it over with. Pull off the proverbial bandaid and marry the one you allegedly love.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 04:30 pm
@Eliusa,

http://able2know.org/topic/252769-4

I don't know how many times people are going to tell you to LEAVE and then find out. This guy is either going to be good for you, have sex and leave you, keep you in an affair of sorts and hurt you, who knows?

You can't have your cake and eat it to Eliusa. If it doesn't work out and you lose your Husband, so be it.

Your Husband does not deserve to have a wife, currently emotionally cheating and possibly ever so small, physically cheating with the intent to fully want to cheat even though you've made the "suggestion" to him that you will.

It's not all about you. Sorry.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 04:36 pm
@Eliusa,
For pity's sake, tell your husband, move out and get a freaking divorce.

You're not going to start a new life with the man you're crushing on til you're single.

Get a divorce.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:52 pm
@Eliusa,
Eliusa wrote:

Yeah, how could we have ever overlooked that?
0 Replies